Beer Laos

INTJ

Anywhere in this wonderful, international city I can grab a case of Beer Laos ?

Cheers

And if not, why not?

That is the best SE Asia mass produced beer as far as I can tell, and yet it is the one missing from stores. Fishy?

There is demand. Strong demand and given its current scarcity, people would be willing to pay a premium for it.

Edited by Jingthing

Cheers

And if not, why not?

That is the best SE Asia mass produced beer as far as I can tell, and yet it is the one missing from stores. Fishy?

There is demand. Strong demand and given its current scarcity, people would be willing to pay a premium for it.

Gullivers in BKK have it at 70 baht a bottle (cheaper than Heineken), so it must be available somewhere at a reasonable price.

I asked all the wholesale beer dealers in Nong Khai a few months ago, but with no success.

I too think its the nicest beer in the region.

Cheers.

Beer Laos is in fact German beer! It's been set up by a German beer brewery and is indeed very good beer.

It would destroy and dominate Thailand's market just because of the quality!

20 baht a big bottle in Vientianne!

Beer Laos is in fact German beer! It's been set up by a German beer brewery and is indeed very good beer.

It would destroy and dominate Thailand's market just because of the quality!

20 baht a big bottle in Vientianne!

The Thai distributor is NKT Import, 042-413231. It costs 20 baht a small bottle in the duty free on the Friendship Bridge. The Thai distributor sells it for 696 baht a case of small bottles or cans of beerlao lager only. They distribute it to retailers in Bangkok, Phuket and Pattaya at present. Beerlao also brew and distribute Carlsberg in Laos. It started as a French-Laos company in 1971. It's good beer, both the lager and the Beerlao dark.

Beer Lao is stocked at Lennies Bar in Soi Diamond.

I believe that the Lao Brewery who produces it is 50% owned by Carlsberg Asia (a subsidiary of Carlsberg Brewery Denmark ) and TCC International a Thai company. The remainder of the holding is with the Laos government.

They distribute it to retailers in Bangkok, Phuket and Pattaya at present. Beerlao also brew and distribute Carlsberg in Laos. It started as a French-Laos company in 1971. It's good beer, both the lager and the Beerlao dark.

So, what retail shops stock this in Pattaya? Not bars.

Tremendous stuff - would be great if it's widely available here - would provide a decent alternative and break things up a little from the Heinekens etc. They were selling it in Koh Samui (330 ml Bottles only) I discovered from a recent trip there.

The first time I came across it was during my first visit to Vientiane a while ago. I quaffed a few (or actually a lot) and during the evening was engaged in conversation by the bloke sitting next to me. He enquired about what my thoughts were on the Beer Lao that I was drinking - as if it were not obvious from the copius amounts I was guzzling. After submitting my detailed analysis, which if I remember correctly consisted of "it's bloody champion", he handed me his business card (attached). He was only the Brew Master! At this point I unashamedly hugged him and thanked him for his hard work.

post-30245-1178773269_thumb.jpg

Cheers

And if not, why not?

I'll tell you why not, because the Thai Beer industry is tightly controlled and in effect a monopoly. Foreign brands (imports) are not available in mass quantities at reasonable costs and likely never will be. Can't fight this as I have tried. Gotta drink Thai brewed monkey piss