I sold my car to a Thai. He didnt even want to take it for a test drive

I put a sign up for a few days on a busy road and got a call from a guy. He wanted to pay 55k below my asking price. I said no. A few days later he said he wants to take a look inside. I offered a test drive. Oh no.... its not necessary (translated to me). 

I took this as a sign that he was a really strong buyer. I came down on the price by 20k and wouldn't budge. He was upset by this but ended up caving in when I said theres another guy coming in 2 hours. He paid a non refundable deposit and I said we would go to the dept of cars this week. 

Does my insurance transfer to him immediately? Is that just a matter of filling out a form?

After we execute the docs at that place can I assume that Im not liable for any speeding tickets etc. As long as I have the evidence I assume its over. 

What do I have to take to the car dept?

thanks

5 minutes ago, advancebooking said:

Does my insurance transfer to him immediately?

Yes, unless your policy is for a named driver?

7 minutes ago, advancebooking said:

After we execute the docs at that place can I assume that Im not liable for any speeding tickets etc. As long as I have the evidence I assume its over. 

Yes. Maybe take a copy of his id for your reference.

7 minutes ago, advancebooking said:

What do I have to take to the car dept?

All transfer documents are available at the office, but take blue book-passport/copies-maybe residence certificate- The Land Department may also ask for anything if they are in a bad mood or want to be awkward.