Local elections in Thailand: Booze ban in place this weekend

webfact

48 minutes ago, red roger said:

..No ban in this neck of the woods.

I think the ban applies across the board irrespective of whether there are elections being held in your province or not. I too live in an area where law isn't really enforced so no worries here also.

Edited by IvorBiggun2

42 minutes ago, Coastrider said:

I fail too see the logic of forcing bars and restaurants to stop selling Alcohol from 6 pm Saturday night.

One would think that since these business suffered so much during these last 9 months that maybe they are trying

to kill them.

There is no logic in Thailand

22 hours ago, sammieuk1 said:

If only they banned the real devil Pol-Maj-Gens ????

What about all the other stupid ranks like Lt/Gens, Lt/Cols who seem to think they are soldiers with their stupid decorations, medals and other bling?

• Like 1

14 hours ago, josephbloggs said:

Excellent, we've had the brown envelopes comment!!  A few above you we had the road deaths comment!!  Now all we need is the Red Bull heir comment and this thread is complete.

TVF, so utterly predictable / reliable.

You made the final comment you wanted, so yes it is complete.

19 hours ago, KhunFred said:

I have noticed many farangs buying alcohol at Seven Eleven stores, as long as it is bagged in such a way as to hide the contents. I've also seen farangs in restaurants, getting their Singha poured into tea glasses for covert consumption. Businesses which have a mostly non-Thai clientele, hate this law and will do nearly anything to circumvent it. 

I ve also been in bars when the Police barge in and check whats in peoples cups

On 12/15/2020 at 9:09 AM, YetAnother said:

the ridiculous war on alcohol here continues; farang cant vote thus should be exempted from this foolishness

I agree with you 100% the law is stupid. But as usual the law does absolutely nothing because you can buy all the liquor you want to the day before and have party the day of ????

On 12/15/2020 at 9:43 AM, darrendsd said:

Do you really think this ban is about Farangs? ????

I don't believe his comment has anything to do with this being about "farangs". His comment is more about them forcing their BS on us when it has absolutely nothing to do with us.

1 hour ago, BobinBKK said:

I don't believe his comment has anything to do with this being about "farangs". His comment is more about them forcing their BS on us when it has absolutely nothing to do with us.

Forcing what? There is a booze ban - why do people think they should be exempted from this?

Some TV members seem to think that Thailand revolves around farangs - it doesn't 

• Like 1

On 12/17/2020 at 12:08 PM, darrendsd said:

Forcing what? There is a booze ban - why do people think they should be exempted from this?

Some TV members seem to think that Thailand revolves around farangs - it doesn't 

Nor we around it ????