COVID EXTENSION issues this morning because STAMP FROM NAKON RATCHASIMA, please check your stamp before going.

Good Morning,

this morning I went to Muang Thon Thani temp imm. Office. To do the Covid Extension.

I had all the papers but they stopped me at entrance because the Medical extension I had it was stamped at Nakon Ratchasima (I used an agent last time). I have been told that I have to change address and do all the documents to show tht I live in Bangkok. I ALWAYS lived in BAngkok, just the Agent went to immigration maybe in Nakon Ratchasima, so now I have to fill up all the documents. I want to share this with all of you. CHECK THE STAMP before going.

MY QUESTION I THIS: AS YOU CAN READ EVERY DOCUMENT PHOTOCOPY NEEDS a "TRUE COPY" What does it means? A signed copy or something else? CAN ANYONE HELP ME IN THIS? I DO NO KNOW WHERE TO ASK.

Thank  youso much!

Siddharta

IMG_20201215_113245.jpg

Did you file a TM30 prior to going? I'm in a similar situation and will head to MTT this week for an extension. I got my landlord to file a TM30 for me last week so it'll show up in the system; but unsure if I should show up with the original documents they are asking you for.

Thanks for your answer,

I always lived in Bangkok, but I have to do the TM30 because the agency did last extension in Nakon Ratchasima.

This morning I was at floor 4 where is the Counter K and they told me that I had to go back to second floor to do the TM30 before then I could come over at counter K.

This means I can do everything in one day I suppose.

What do you think? Do you think different?

Siddharta

p.s. My girlfriend is the owner of the apartment, do you mean she has to file (some days before) and how can she file TM30 from home? or she has to come with me?

I thought I simply bring all the copies of the documents for TM30 and TM30 and do everything in one day together with Covid extension. (First I go to file TM30 then I go upstair to do Covid extension)

23 minutes ago, Siddharta said:

My girlfriend is the owner of the apartment, do you mean she has to file (some days before) and how can she file TM30 from home? or she has to come with me?

I thought I simply bring all the copies of the documents for TM30 and TM30 and do everything in one day together with Covid extension. (First I go to file TM30 then I go upstair to do Covid extension)

if she goes with you she would do the report herself before you apply for the extension.

If she did not go with you this would be needed for you to do it.

image.png.5fa77ab4275da43b903914c315dc8f21.png

thank you, this is very clear. Only I hope to be able to do everything in one day. Do you think I can do?

Today at MTT they told me go down to 2nd floor then you come back in Counter K

Ibecause I live very far from there. I need to do everything in one time.

The other doubt is /;when does my girlfriend have to set the "start" of the new address.

As I said I never moved from my apartment, it was just the agent that went to Nakon ratchasima . So my stamo is from there.

DO I have to put from today? Or explain them what happened and see what they say?

Please just help with this UBONJOE

Thank you so much!

Some background re the problem you are facing.

> When you did use an Agent to 'fix' your 1-year extension of stay application (a solution when you are not able to meet the amount or the seasoning requirements imposed by IO for the funds in bank), those Fixer Agents make use of a 'friendly' Immigration office where they have connections to overlook the requirement and provide you with the 1-year extension.  Often the offices used by the Fixer Agent from which you receive the 1-year extension of stay stamp are situated up-country in Isaan (the IOs at KhonKaen or Maha Sarakham are popular 'fixing' destinations).

The problem (but with an easy solution) arises afterwards.

Because what the Fixer Agent most often than not forgets to tell you is that once you receive your passport back with the 1-year extension stamp from that up-country IO, that this IO now has become your 'official Immigration office' which means that you need to conduct all your Immigration related business there, e.g. 90-day reports, extensions of stay, etc.  Sometimes the Fixer Agent offers to take care of that for you in the future.  But if you do not want to be tied forever to that Fixer Agent, you need to (once you get your passport back), 'relocate' again to the IO of the province where you are actually residing.  This needs to be done in person at your local IO, by filing a TM-27, TM-28 or TM-30 form.  It depends on your local IO what form they require for your relocation, but most IOs will require the TM-30. 

Now obviously when you 'relocate' back to the province where your actual residence is situated, the Immigration Officer handling your relocation will see in your passport that you got your 1-year extension at a different IO up-country and he/she will know exactly what happened (i.e. you having made use of a Fixer Agent to circumvent the extension requirements).  But that's not a problem at all as this practice is wide-spread in Thailand.

Once you are relocated back to your current address, the local IO will now be your official Immigration office again and any Immigration business needs to be conducted there. 

>> I did PM you a Guideline document on TM-30, but as mentioned earlier if your local IO requires the TM-30 as relocation form the TM-30 notification cannot be done on-line but needs to be done in person.

• Thanks 2

Thank you very much Peter,

thanks for the long explanation. the only thing different is theat am not in one year staying.

Tomorrow I will go to Muang Thon Thani with the power of Attorney and I will file manually the TM30. I read deeply in these 2 days about the TM30. It seems that they will give me back the receipt (on the bottom of the page) of the TM30 filed.

With that receipt I read I can go uptarir and do the Covid Extension. I hope I do not have to wait the TM30 to be in the system (Like the online file practice) Because it takes days. I live very far from Muang Thong Thani so I would really prefer to do everything in one day.

What do you think? Afetr reading well, it seems like that. Also the guy I spoke yesterday at entrance of Counter K told me that I had to go back to do TM30 then come back to Counter K.

I really hope in one day to be able to fo everything.

Thanks again for everything. I really appreciate it!

Siddharta