Speeding Fines - well done Thai Police -or is it?

krobert6

52 minutes ago, Kwasaki said:

There must an office you can send the pic showing the 90 kph in the pic but Thailand would probably say you were  still 8 kmh over. ????

Yeah I guess that would be the case, If I had contact details I would contest it just to see what happened

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, ChrisKC said:

Why are so many people in a hurry when they are not in a hurry? It costs nothing to stay within the law! It costs you just little time to stay within the law. Real easy for me!

It also costs nothing to break the law, this is Thailand.

8 minutes ago, jackdd said:

It also costs nothing to break the law, this is Thailand.

So you don't need to care then!

It costs you a ticket then you may have to look over your shoulder for some time.

In my courtroom, if you are a persistent offender, and/or ignore paying the fine, you get charged with contempt as well.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, Kwasaki said:

That's what we have done 2 pix doing 80 on a 70 on a clear 4 lane road. 

It's just a western money maker idea. 

In the UK on M25 you could lose your DL for 6months in a day. ????

And in the UK there were 1752 fatalities last year. Perhaps the draconian laws have a purpose.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Kwasaki said:

Only the rich with a highly paid lawyer can get away with it as history can provide. 

Sounds like money well spent since you clearly need to ‘get away with it’!  

Otherwise, muse on: If you don’t want the time Then do kt do the crime!

• Sad 1

Just as a point of interest [well I think so!] - in the UK I was at post-grad University with the Superintendent of traffic police for the county I lived in.

John always told us that the Government guide to traffic divisions was that there was an allowance on speed of 10% + 2.  This was to allow for speedo inaccuracies and other factors and was a 'fair' allowance.  Therefore - speeding in a 30 zone at 35 or less would not result in a fixed penalty notice or prosecution.  Over that and you are in s**t street!

This was some while ago and things in the UK may have changed.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ChrisKC said:

Why are so many people in a hurry when they are not in a hurry? It costs nothing to stay within the law! It costs you just little time to stay within the law. Real easy for me!

Excuse me while I turn down the chior music!

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

32 minutes ago, NE1 said:

Highway 7 going down to Pattaya , 120kph speed limit. Signs flashing on the side of the road 80 or 90 kph.

It has been like that for a few years now.

Hmm? Maybe those signs were near a klong bridge where drivers stand on the brakes before bouncing over at 100 kph.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Susco said:

Highway7 is a tricky one to me.

I see above the road those speed signs that show the speed you are driving, and flash when you go over the limit, but there are 3 lanes and each lane has a different speed limit.

Someone can explain?

Those speed signs were purchased on a free trial/free return basis and were graded as basic/standard and deluxe versions hence the variation in speed limits....:clap2:

• Like 1