Progress on Brexit but coming days will be critical, says EU chief

snoop1130

18 hours ago, Hi from France said:

I was talking about you, for me it's not a disappointment,

I think the no-deal situation you yearn for is simply not possible.

Late 2020 or early 2021 the UK have the very same crappy deal with just a bit more unemployment and recession for Britain.The Brexit situation took 10 minutes at the last EU summit, the EU can wait.

Are you hoping that the UK suffers hardship ?

If you want that , why do you want the UK to suffer ?

• Like 1

Prior to the Referendum, it was suggested by some Remainers that we might not be able to agree a trade deal with the EU should we choose to leave. This was shot down by the Leave brigade as being part of 'Project Fear'. The obvious conclusion from this is that (virtually) nobody actually voted for a 'no deal' Brexit.

Can one of those posters who are now espousing such a solution please explain what it has to do with 'Democracy' (a word dear to their hearts, even if they don't understand its meaning). Loiner? JohnnyF? Kwasaki? Anyone???

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/brexit-news-live-boris-johnson-update-latest-b1775396.html

Brexit news - live: Johnson to speak with EU president tonight as European Parliament sets Sunday deadline

Follow the latest updates as Britain rushes to secure trade deal

Samuel Osborne@SamuelOsborne93,Adam Forrest@adamtomforrest,Sam Hancock@samhancock95

30 minutes ago

Edited by david555
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, david555 said:

Talks between Britain and the EU are in the “final stretch”, Mr Barnier said earlier today, before adding that there was “good progress, but last stumbling blocks remain”.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, welovesundaysatspace said:

How is his son a winner when he has 5000 pounds less? 

You don't get a lot of young English people do you if they can afford a £50,000 + car what's another £5000 + his got what he wants.

11 hours ago, Stupooey said:

Can one of those posters who are now espousing such a solution please explain what it has to do with 'Democracy' (a word dear to their hearts, even if they don't understand its meaning). Loiner? JohnnyF? Kwasaki? Anyone???

Clubs, Gangs, Groups, Democracy is not in anyway dear to my "heart" it's flawed, independent "Freedom" is what I want. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Kwasaki said:

Not sure what your getting at but funny !!  All my 5 siblings living in UK are sick to death of all the poncing about with EU and just want out deal or no deal, my middle son says it's like the UK got out of prison but are still on parole.

My youngest son luvs its BMW cars and doesn't give a dam about paying another 10% if he has to.

All of them are glad that C19 jab is available and not held by the stupid EU still poncing around to distribute it.

The ironic thing is the UK vaccine comes from Brussels and EU were moaning at UK for not waiting for approval even though more people were dying in EU countries.

I expect Brussels will get a slap on the wrist later on. ????

Anyway your son ,who likes BMW hope he can still buy them so U.K. get their 5000£ and E.U. sell still BMW.., a real win win ...both happy ???? ????

About the jabs ....all have their own reasons and like to have  their own control ....BTW  was brexit not about "taking own controle "...??

Strange how brexiteers like to make the understandings about that under preference of interprentation ...????

(The picture show it all desperation in extremis ....  ???? .... he send HOC in recess as a pressure tool.... ,  E.U. parliament just neutralize it with their ultimate deciding  not voting after Sunday midnight deadline..... fair enough i would say....) ????

https://www.express.co.uk/news/politics/1373876/brexit-news-boris-johnson-eu-demands-uk-eu-trade-talks-latest-von-der-leyen-no-deal-brexit

Brexit talks 'turn dark': No10 rages at EU for 'tying us up in knots' – no deal likely
BORIS JOHNSON is refusing to buckle to "unacceptable" EU demands as a final showdown in the Brexit trade negotiations looms.

By MACER HALL AND JOE BARNES
PUBLISHED: 00:01, Fri, Dec 18, 2020 | UPDATED: 00:02, Fri, Dec 18, 2020

Brexit-news-Boris-Johnson-no-deal-Brexit-1373876.jpg

MEPs have declared a trade deal must be thrashed out by this Sunday to have any chance of being ratified by the end of the year. But ahead of the deadline, the Prime Minister’s aides have warned that “intractable” disagreements over key issues mean a “no deal” conclusion to the talks is increasingly likely. They said “unreasonable” demands for continuing access to British coastal waters from French President Emmanuel Macron are threatening to scupper the negotiations.

more...

Edited by david555

1 hour ago, david555 said:

Anyway your son ,who likes BMW hope he can still buy them so U.K. get their 5000£ and E.U. sell still BMW.., a real win win ...both happy ????????

About the jabs ....all have their own reasons and like to have  their own control ....BTW  was brexit not about "taking own controle "...??

Strange how brexiteers like to make the understandings about that under preference of interprentation ...????

Agree my youngest son is happy and will keep his now car maybe not buy another if UK does what it says and go electric vehicles in 10 years.

He is looking at Teslas who's factory set up is in 2022.

About jabs a good thing thanks Belgium. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Kwasaki said:

You don't get a lot of young English people do you if they can afford a £50,000 + car what's another £5000 + his got what he wants.

The question wasn’t whether he can afford it or not, or that he still might buy it. I can afford many things but I wouldn’t say that paying more for things than before and handing over money to the government makes me a “winner”.

So how is paying more for the same thing make him a winner? And, if that’s the case, wouldn’t it make sense to pay another 10,000 to the government just to be an even bigger winner? 

1 hour ago, david555 said:

(The picture show it all desperation in extremis ....  ???? .... he send HOC in recess as a pressure tool.... ,  E.U. parliament just neutralize it with their ultimate deciding  not voting after Sunday midnight deadline..... fair enough i would say....) ????

https://www.express.co.uk/news/politics/1373876/brexit-news-boris-johnson-eu-demands-uk-eu-trade-talks-latest-von-der-leyen-no-deal-brexit

Brexit talks 'turn dark': No10 rages at EU for 'tying us up in knots' – no deal likely
BORIS JOHNSON is refusing to buckle to "unacceptable" EU demands as a final showdown in the Brexit trade negotiations looms.

By MACER HALL AND JOE BARNES
PUBLISHED: 00:01, Fri, Dec 18, 2020 | UPDATED: 00:02, Fri, Dec 18, 2020

Brexit-news-Boris-Johnson-no-deal-Brexit-1373876.jpgPrime_Minister_Boris_Johnson_convened_a_meeting_of_his_Cabinet_t-a-61_1598962954231.jpg

MEPs have declared a trade deal must be thrashed out by this Sunday to have any chance of being ratified by the end of the year. But ahead of the deadline, the Prime Minister’s aides have warned that “intractable” disagreements over key issues mean a “no deal” conclusion to the talks is increasingly likely. They said “unreasonable” demands for continuing access to British coastal waters from French President Emmanuel Macron are threatening to scupper the negotiations.

more...

I wouldn't get hung up over the photo it clear it has been photoshopped from an picture taken in September and merged with a picture of a building with the eu flag

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8684867/Ministers-fear-Chris-Whitty-quit-work-drive.html

26 minutes ago, vinny41 said:

I wouldn't get hung up over the photo it clear it has been photoshopped from an picture taken in September and merged with a picture of a building with the eu flag

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8684867/Ministers-fear-Chris-Whitty-quit-work-drive.html

Could be ...i am not an expert on that photoshopping thing .... i only rate it as what i see...... ahaug....!  so that is why sometimes E.U. V.I.P's look so much awful on U.K. news papers picture ....????some more than others .... i mean the difference in  newspapers ideology background ..???? .....

So in September he "owned "  this face already ...?????

Edited by david555