Paying Annual Condo Tax, first time. Can wife do it?

I believe a new condo tax was introduced this year, a minuscule amount, but fines if not paid on time.

The building manager said that it can only be done on Saturdays.

I play golf every Saturday and would rather not miss a round so I can sit in a stuffy Thai admin office for 2 hours just to pay 15 baht tax. 

My name is on the condo Chanote. 

My Thai wife's name is in the blue Tabian Bahn and listed as the House Master.

Can my wife register (I presume one needs to register) and pay the tax? Or does the chanote holder need to be there to register?

TIA. 

Edited by JeffersLos

If you are talking about land tax, its not payable if you reside in the condo.

The tax is levied on empty or rented out properties, not on principle residence.

Otherwise, I think you will find it can be paid any day of the week when the office is open, its like any other bill, they dont care who makes the actual payment.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, JeffersLos said:

What's the demand note? 

I had demand notes for some of my condos, but not others. The ones I did not have demand notes for I took a copy of the chanote; not because it was required, but to correctly identify the property.
Staff were helpful, efficient and polite.  Reasonable English was spoken. I expected problems and was pleasantly surprised.

9 hours ago, Peterw42 said:

If you are talking about land tax, its not payable if you reside in the condo.

The tax is levied on empty or rented out properties, not on principle residence.

Otherwise, I think you will find it can be paid any day of the week when the office is open, its like any other bill, they dont care who makes the actual payment.

I think that this is not the case. Maybe.

I paid mine (I live in the condo). Everybody else that I know paid theirs.

This year there was a 90% discount. So I only paid  a few hundred Baht.

The condo manager sent out a notice -which I responded to.

Of course you could be correct and I maybe should not have paid.

Can you reference a source of your statement

• Like 1

I did mine by phone to City Hall (1337), and payment by ATM transfer. There was a telephone number on the demand letter, but nobody ever answered it. Call City hall and ask them to put you through to condo tax payment office. They might possibly have stopped this method, but City Hall will tell you. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Delight said:

I think that this is not the case. Maybe.

I paid mine (I live in the condo). Everybody else that I know paid theirs.

This year there was a 90% discount. So I only paid  a few hundred Baht.

The condo manager sent out a notice -which I responded to.

Of course you could be correct and I maybe should not have paid.

Can you reference a source of your statement

There have been a couple of threads on this. In Pattaya if foreigner owned apparently you need to show yellow book to "prove" you live there and then no tax to pay - properties below (from memory) 50m baht.

In Thai name blue book should be sufficient. 

I own my own Condo and I didn't receive a invoice so my wife went to the Land Office with the Chanote in my name, to double check and they told her and also printed out the value of my condo, that since it's my principal residence and under 50 million Baht then I don't have to pay any tax. So if you didn't receive a bill, then don't worry about it.

One other thing, your Juristic Person should have had you fill out a form and attach a copy of you tittle deed.

• Like 1

Oh... I couldn't go to Thailand last autumn and now I can't go due to work and maybe not even in spring if they lockdown the country again and don't allow foreigners in again... Wonder if I get to pay this too and how much the fine will be if I didn't pay on time.