St. Roberts Diploma in Teaching

Lacrimas

Today Facebook suggested a very interesting ad regarding the infamous diploma in teaching by St Roberts.

I'm not a teacher but my wife has been a look jaang for a school a long time (she is Thai) and wanted to become a government teacher.

Would this graduate diploma allow her to get the teaching license and become a government teacher?

Thanks!

Indeed an excellent question. Foreigners need evaluations from a school, usually three Thai teachers, including a copy of their licenses.

Employment has to be at least one full year. 

Thai teachers have to sit a test that seems to be quite tricky. The best is when your wife gets in touch with Khurusapha.

I don't think that she can apply for a license without employment at a school.

If your wife has a BA in education, she does not need a Diploma in TE. 

Best of luck. 

http://site.ksp.or.th/download.php?site=englishsite&SiteMenuID=26

• Like 1

4 hours ago, teacherclaire said:

Indeed an excellent question. Foreigners need evaluations from a school, usually three Thai teachers, including a copy of their licenses.

Employment has to be at least one full year. 

Thai teachers have to sit a test that seems to be quite tricky. The best is when your wife gets in touch with Khurusapha.

I don't think that she can apply for a license without employment at a school.

If your wife has a BA in education, she does not need a Diploma in TE. 

Best of luck. 

http://site.ksp.or.th/download.php?site=englishsite&SiteMenuID=26

Thank you for the kind answer. She has been employed for a government school teaching English 3 years already but she is employed directly by the school. We found this teaching diploma online and were wondering if it could be used for Thais as well to get the license. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Lacrimas said:

Thank you for the kind answer. She has been employed for a government school teaching English 3 years already but she is employed directly by the school. We found this teaching diploma online and were wondering if it could be used for Thais as well to get the license. 

That she's currently employed is very helpful. If she's got a BA in any subject, plus the Diploma, she should be okay for the license.

But as far as I know have Thais sit a test that foreigners had to some years ago with a failure of around 90 %.

I know two Thai teachers who failed the test a couple of times. 

The only people who have the right answer is Khurusapha, the Teacher's Council of Thailand in Bangkok. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, teacherclaire said:

That she's currently employed is very helpful. If she's got a BA in any subject, plus the Diploma, she should be okay for the license.

But as far as I know have Thais sit a test that foreigners had to some years ago with a failure of around 90 %.

I know two Thai teachers who failed the test a couple of times. 

The only people who have the right answer is Khurusapha, the Teacher's Council of Thailand in Bangkok. 

Yeah unfortunately they are not very helpful for this matter especially right now with the Covid situation. We will try though. Thanks again!

• Haha 1

Just a casual comment regarding Thai Teachers....(a bit salty sure)

They aren't as cracked up as they are made out to be nor deserve the praise they do...I mean come on, you just have to put in at least a year in a school to notice that..You'll always have the positive Paul out there that will defend them..."Oh..they get paid so much less and work so much harder.." 555

On 12/21/2020 at 8:03 PM, Solinvictus said:

Just a casual comment regarding Thai Teachers....(a bit salty sure)

They aren't as cracked up as they are made out to be nor deserve the praise they do...I mean come on, you just have to put in at least a year in a school to notice that..You'll always have the positive Paul out there that will defend them..."Oh..they get paid so much less and work so much harder.." 555

which is not true at all for real government teachers which get paid a lot (with a seniority of 10 years the average salary is 30k+) and stare at their phone all day long. In the end it is only the poor farang or look jaang doing the hard work for peanuts... that's why schools have shortages of good teachers

Edited by Lacrimas
  • Like 1