Any experience using Integrity Legal firm in Bangkok?

Hi everyone,

(fyi, member named "Why Me" suggested I should post my question here).

Has anyone heard of or used Integrity Legal firm in Bangkok? I learned about the firm on Youtube. 

I'm thinking of using them for various legal issues both in Thailand and US. I'm currently in Bangkok.

1hr consultation is 5,000 baht. I need them to help me strategize my legal affairs.

Please let me know if you had any experience using their service. 

Thank you in advance.

I think I've seen those videos.  I find them rather banal - I don't really get what the point is of reading articles found online and then explaining them in legal sound speak, often without actually adding any new information.  YMMV

(Here's an example of some pseudo legal speak I've seen in far too many videos from lawyers:  It should be noted that generally speaking nothing I have said here should be construed as legal advice and the context of your issues may be be circumstantially dependent.  Furthermore, I may or may not be a lawyer but I am factually and substantially but irrelevantly, not your lawyer.)

Ok, so two serious things to comment that I hope you find helpful:

Foreign lawyers can NOT practice law in Thailand.

The profession is restricted to Thai citizens.  Lawyers can do other kinds of work, but not actually practice law.  Often times a non-Thai lawyer who has put out a shingle in Thailand will be the Managing Director of the firm but will have Thai lawyers do the actual legal work that they cannot legally do themselves.  That's not necessarily a negative, but it is something to keep in mind and could impact the cost of your legal representation.

Free consultations

I haven't had the need to use a lawyer in Thailand before, but I'm surprised to hear that he doesn't have a free initial consultation.  I don't mean a long meeting where you go over all the details, just something basic, like 30 minutes - the kind of meeting where you can present an overview of your situation so they can ask a couple of questions, see how they can help you, and get a rough idea of what their services might cost you.  It gives everyone the opportunity to meet each other and see if they are the right person to represent you.

Doing a quick search online I do see a number of firms in Bangkok do offer free legal consultations, and I would suggest you check around with several firms before you pay any attorney money to just for the privilege of sitting down in the chair opposite to them.

Good luck!

Edited by asiacurious

• 2 years later...