Baht hits seven-year high, could rise to 29.30 to the dollar next quarter

13 hours ago, Lacrimas said:

I bet that you have a job here, people like you have been saying this for a long time already yet it hasn't happened yet. Also, Thailand with its disaster of a government will be stronger than the US or Europe? doubtful 

Wish I was still working here. Like, my income was getting close to home levels, even in the old days.That, with my pension, ooer, I'd be milking it.

18 hours ago, Nong Khai Man said:

The Baht Is FAR to Strong for it's own Good !! Need BOT to Revalue !

It hasn't changed much at all against the USD or the last 6 years. It actually was stronger in 2013. It the UK and other dollars that have lost value 

• Confused 1

18 hours ago, nausea said:

The pound seems to be staying stable, albeit at a pretty low level (Brexit and all that), at least if my pension payments are anything to go by. If anything, they've increased slightly. Is this a peculiarly dollar thing?

Same here, my UK pension is staying fairly stable, even slight increases sometimes. I hope next year after Brexit is on it's way to being sorted the pound will get stronger as it was in the past.

• Like 1

Just now, hotchilli said:

Same here, my UK pension is staying fairly stable, even slight increases sometimes. I hope next year after Brexit is on it's way to being sorted the pound will get stronger as it was in the past.

Possible unless it is a 'no deal' in which case it will drop like a stone, the Euro won't be unscathed either but won't suffer as badly as the pound. If there is a no deal that situation won't last long, 6 months of economic disaster will see both sides huddling around the table again.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Lacrimas said:

yeah and you are so smart not noticing that this crisis benefits the rich and widens the gap with the poor? 

You need to understand exactly why the baht is getting stronger instead of uneducated posts ????

• Like 1

20 hours ago, ianezy0 said:

You need to understand exactly why the baht is getting stronger instead of uneducated posts ????

yeah sure the central bank of Thailand is trying to weaken the baht for a long time and they can't and you want to tell me that you understand this situation better than them? There is a manipulation going on and it has been for a while and like you might notice this whole situation is widening the gap between poor and rich.

Edited by Rimmer
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

29 minutes ago, Lacrimas said:

yeah sure the central bank of Thailand is trying to weaken the baht for a long time and they can't and you want to tell me that you understand this situation better than them? There is a manipulation going on and it has been for a while and like you might notice this whole situation is widening the gap between poor and rich.

Obviously no idea what's going on.

• Like 1

On 12/18/2020 at 4:10 PM, arick said:

It hasn't changed much at all against the USD or the last 6 years. It actually was stronger in 2013. It the UK and other dollars that have lost value 

In 2016 it was 35.5 to 1USD.

Now 30.  It was 32 earlier this year. 

• Like 1

On 12/18/2020 at 4:17 AM, Nong Khai Man said:

The Baht Is FAR to Strong for it's own Good !! Need BOT to Revalue !

lol the Baht finds its own level as a free floating currency since 1997

Nothing to do with BOT but it is down to huge record foreign currency reserves. I said only couple days ago it could go to 28 by April 2021

On 12/18/2020 at 11:42 AM, Scott Tracy said:

The THB may be strong against the dollar, but remains relatively stable against the GBP. Has a few dips, but comes back to around 40 per GBP.

Says more about the dollar in my view, than the Baht.

Soothsayers abound. I was wish they would all shut the <deleted> up. They do nothing to help.

As for conspiracy theorists, wow. My thoughts in words would not be permitted here.

Mind boggling it really is. Yet another who thinks their is a "direct" exchange rate between Sterling/Baht. How can people who live or work or holiday in any foreign country not understand there are two currency pairings that need to be crunched..... Movement in either pairing effects the bottom line

Only the worlds "reserve" currency the USD has a direct exchange rate with every other country worldwide

• Like 1

On 12/19/2020 at 12:52 PM, Lacrimas said:

yeah and you are so smart not noticing that this crisis benefits the rich and widens the gap with the poor? 

That is the case in every country, only the rich have the start capital to take advantage of weakened stocks and shares eg. A homeless person doesn't benefit from falling house prices but the villa owner does.

As USD keeps going down against  Euro, Pound, Yen, RMB,  AUS, CAD  etc,  the American global purchasing power is getting lower and Americans are getting poorer  globally 

In the same boat,  Hong Kong is on same trajectory, and Vietnam is another one.   Hong Konger and Vietnamese are poorer in global term.  Hong Konger are scare about it.   No idea about Vietnamese. 

The big scare is US economy is of course important to the entire world,  America fall in term of de-faulting and bubble burst is going to hurt all,  That's virtually every country with very few exception.