Car manufacturers make maintenance offers to curb air pollution

Car manufacturers make maintenance offers to curb air pollution

Tanakorn Sangiam

d7fcf628bfaa7c761a751d2c4cb5411a_small.jpg

BANGKOK (NNT) - Vehicle emissions are considered one of the main culprits in the air pollution disaster. Car manufacturers are now offering special maintenance discounts for cars aged more than seven years, encouraging car owners to properly maintain the engines in order to prevent black exhaust smoke.

The special discount campaign is a cooperative venture between the Federation of Thai Industries (FTI) and its members in the automotive sector.

The campaign provides special offers such as free check-up appointments, motor oil discounts, as well as discounts on fees and the cost of parts covering motor oil changes and engine check-ups.

These discounts will be available exclusively to vehicles aged seven years or older at service centers in Bangkok and neighboring provinces, from December 2020 to February 2021.

It is expected the discounts will be offered at more than 540 garages and service centers, with more than 480,000 cars being serviced as part of this campaign.

The industrial sector has also responded positively to the government’s policy to reduce airborne particle emissions from factories.

Meanwhile, the FTI is prepared to cooperate with the government in promoting the Electric Vehicle (EV) industry in Thailand, which will help reduce the environmental impact when compared to vehicles operating on fossil fuels.

nnt.jpg

-- © Copyright NNT 2020-12-20

I always maintained my vehicle's well in Thailand as I do in the UK however even when only a few months old if revved hard a big cloud of black smoke came from the exhaust. I have a 5 year old diesel Rave 4 in the UK and if I do the same No Black Smoke from the exhaust. My conclusion is dirty diesel in Thailand or the exhaust systems are not built correctly for internal market.

Numerous dieses cars in Thailand are tuned to drive faster. The owners does not care about, that this will increase the pollution 1000 times and just find it fun, to create black fumes, every time they push the pedal to the metal in a crowded soi. I always wonder how these car owners manages to pass the annual inspection of the cars.

Edited by Xonax

1 hour ago, Scot123 said:

I always maintained my vehicle's well in Thailand as I do in the UK however even when only a few months old if revved hard a big cloud of black smoke came from the exhaust. I have a 5 year old diesel Rave 4 in the UK and if I do the same No Black Smoke from the exhaust. My conclusion is dirty diesel in Thailand or the exhaust systems are not built correctly for internal market.

Might I suggest that you have the MASS AIRFLOW SENSOR checked/cleaned plus the EXHAUST GAS REGENERATION.  Oh, dirty cheap, replace the fuel filter every other service, Thai fuel and or storage is horrible. If you want to expand, have the injectors taken out, nasty black deposits indicate faulty units. Not cheap to replace but one can get guaranteed refurbished units for around 70% of the new price. Good luck

3 hours ago, Scot123 said:

Your UK car will have been built to meet stringent EU rules. The Thai car .... not so much..