How will the latest Covid Lock downs in BKK effect Pattaya?

banglay

Hi All .....I can see a lot of Bangkokians wanting to come to Pattaya to Party and celebrate the New Year due to the cancellations of events in and around BKK. But  will Pattaya or central government restrict movement to slow down a possible second wave. ..Either way the outlook has just become  blinker for the recovery of Pattaya as a International holiday destination ...and now I can not see many tourist been allowed back into Thailand until the vaccine has been tried and tested and at least 80% of the populous having an immunity .

Stay safe .. and a Very Merry Christmas time to you all

Edited by banglay
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, banglay said:

Hi All .....I can see a lot of Bangkokians wanting to come to Pattaya to Party and celebrate the New Year due to the cancellations of events in and around BKK. But  will Pattaya or central government restrict movement to slow down a possible second wave. ..Either way the outlook has just become  blinker for the recovery of Pattaya as a International holiday destination ...and now I can not see many tourist been allowed back into Thailand until the vaccine has been tried and tested and at least 80% of the populous having an immunity .

Stay safe .. and a Very Merry Christmas time to you all

Possible 2nd wave......you don't think it's here already?

I live central thailand on a route to northern Thailand and the traffic on the roads this week compared to last week is incredible, it now looks like it did in March  / April at the start of all this nonsense....

My personal opinion is a lot of the events in Pattaya will also be cancelled to prevent 'outsiders'

• Like 1

Most of the traffic (and closed venues) this last weekend were due to the elections which, as I'm sure you already know, require citizens to vote where they are registered. In most cases, that is their home village.

It is the same every election, which people seem to forget (conveniently in some cases) when trying to blame everything on the gov't or on some secret agenda (that they are the only ones who know about it of course) for the closures.
(How many times have we seen someone claim that "this will be the straw that breaks the camel's back of tourism" every time there is a 1 day ban on alcohol sales for some reason ? How many times has the "camel's back" been broken ? None.)

If more cases of infection are detected in Bangkok, it will have a trickle down effect on Pattaya and everywhere else. Just like when the Lumpinee outbreak occurred.

A friend posted a decree from the Chonburi governor that came out yesterday. (It's 3 pages long, all in Thai.) No lockdowns (yet) but basically telling people to start being vigilant again (distancing, mask wearing, using the alcohol cleaners and tracking programs, etc).

One can assume that if they suddenly detect a (large) number of infections in ChonBuri that they will go into lockdown mode (again) as they did last time.

And if they are able to contain the spread and go for a couple months without any new infections being detected, then they will start getting complacent (again) until the next occurrence.

• Like 1