Changing retirement visas between UK and US passports.

I have been in Thailand for 12 or 13 years now and have always extended my original non-O visa which was in my UK passport. 

As I have aged I want to start to plan for the future and to avoid unnecessary inheritance taxes. The US and Thailand neither have inheritance tax but the UK has a massive tax starting at a very low threshold. The I/0 in my local immigration told me I would have to start from scratch to do this.

My question is: can I use an agent to change the visa from the current UK passport to valid US passport?

Thank you for any replies.

Is it obvious that changing the location of your visa will affect your tax status (on death) in the UK?  

How will it help you to move your inheritance elsewhere?  I need to know in case I do not spend all my money before going poof! 

On 12/22/2020 at 1:39 PM, Pedrogaz said:

I have been in Thailand for 12 or 13 years now and have always extended my original non-O visa which was in my UK passport. 

As I have aged I want to start to plan for the future and to avoid unnecessary inheritance taxes. The US and Thailand neither have inheritance tax but the UK has a massive tax starting at a very low threshold. The I/0 in my local immigration told me I would have to start from scratch to do this.

My question is: can I use an agent to change the visa from the current UK passport to valid US passport?

Thank you for any replies.

Just move your assets outside the UK if you have not already done so and you will have nothing to worry about. Unlike the US, UK does not impose tax on overseas assets and income for non-doms.

Visa status is irrelevant unless perhaps you were looking to renounce British citizenship, but this is not necessary anyway