PM to chair special CCSA meeting tomorrow on measures to deal with COVID-19 outbreak

snoop1130

PM to chair special CCSA meeting tomorrow on measures to deal with COVID-19 outbreak

9E20E8BD-981A-4A50-A809-AE14FD2E13AD-1024x647.jpeg

FILE / Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha

Thailand’s Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha has called a special meeting of the Centre of COVID-19 Situation Administration (CCSA) on Thursday, to discuss measures needed to cope with the current COVID-19 outbreak, which has now spread to 24 provinces.

CCSA spokesman Dr. Taweesin Wissanuyothin said today (Wednesday) that the meeting will also discuss appropriate ways to look after millions of foreign migrant workers, including those infected.

Meanwhile, the CCSA today recorded 46 new COVID-19 cases in Thailand, including 39 locally acquired and seven among arrivals from abroad in state quarantine.

Full Story: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/pm-to-chair-special-ccsa-meeting-tomorrow-on-measures-to-deal-with-covid-19-outbreak/

thaipbs.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2020-12-23

3 minutes ago, snoop1130 said:

Thailand’s Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha has called a special meeting of the Centre of COVID-19 Situation Administration (CCSA) on Thursday

i am so relieved; i was worried we might have a virologist expert leading the charge

• Haha 1

The PM and DPM are pictured wearing an inappropriate mask for this purpose. I am surprised that their advisors aren't onto this.

Masks with exhalation valves allow exhaled breath to escape unfiltered, potentially contaminating bystanders.
Ref: (The National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST)  part of the U.S. Department of Commerce.)
https://www.nist.gov/news-events/news/2020/11/new-airflow-videos-show-why-masks-exhalation-valves-do-not-slow-spread