TAT expects over 2 million trips to be taken over New Year break

rooster59

TAT expects over 2 million trips to be taken over New Year break

By THE NATION

800_08f93bec5fe1936.jpg

The Tourism Authority of Thailand (TAT) expects local tourists to take a total of 2.75 million trips over the December 31-January 3 long weekend.

TAT governor Yuthasak Supasorn said tourism during the New Year holidays will inject more than Bt10.74 billion into the economy, and result in 37 per cent occupancy in hotels.

He said local tourism has contracted in some places due to the new wave of Covid-19 infections, with several provinces like Bangkok, Chonburi, Sukhothai and Khon Kaen suspending their countdown events to curb transmission.

The governor added that some people may also avoid travelling over the long weekend either because they have no money or don’t like traffic.

Interprovincial bus company, Transport Co, has predicted that the number of passengers will drop by 30 per cent compared to the same period last year.

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30400223

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2020-12-26

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, rooster59 said:

The Tourism Authority of Thailand (TAT) expects local tourists to take a total of 2.75 million trips over the December 31-January 3 long weekend.

Does that include going to 7-11 or a quick booze run to the mom & pop shop round the corner?

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, rooster59 said:

The question is, how many of those trips will result in further (unwelcome) trips to get tested for Covid, and then further trips to hospital or quarantine? Stay safe and stay at home, please! 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, billd766 said:

I had to cross the route 1/32 just below Kamphaeng Phet this morning and the north bound traffic was horrendous. Pickups full, cars with roof racks fully loaded, like lemmings heading for the cliff edge.

"jokers to the left of me,  jokers to the right............... here i am  "   

out of sight till the hordes head back home .     nice to live in CM  cool season   ( till purple haze appears)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, rumak said:

"jokers to the left of me,  jokers to the right............... here i am  "   

out of sight till the hordes head back home .     nice to live in CM  cool season   ( till purple haze appears)

Luckily I am on the edge of the Klong Lan/Mae Wong national park and the only burning is just local stuff and no fields yet. We do get black snow then.

I need to cut up and burn about 5 or 6 dead trees including some from last year. They have fallen, have no signs of life and will take 5 or 6 years to rot completely.

Pure genius ... all the factory workers in the Samut provinces who may have been exposed to the Virus, lets pack them shoulder to shoulder in thousands of buses and cars and ship them back to Issan and the North to spread the New Year tidings......should even up nationwide covid distribuition.