Vaccine and certificate

lovethai123

On 12/27/2020 at 8:15 PM, internationalism said:

vax just started is a very few countries and on a small scale.

at some stage there probably would be standard card for international travel, possibly with a chip, for speed of processing, automated gates.

might include test results.

In the USA there were plans for separate domestic flights only for those with tests.

To Island cen enter without certificate and quarantine, if medical certificate about covid infection is presented (that would mean antibodies).   

I would wait with travel to thailand and with vax as long as possible. That way you might avoid quarantine. It might be shortened, might be not required for some travellers 

The ASQ will carry on for as long as the unelected "PM" and his generals can get away with it, it is a big money earner for them.

• Haha 1

On 12/28/2020 at 4:24 PM, skorts said:

Global airline lobby IATA is working on a mobile app that will help travelers demonstrate their coronavirus-free status, joining a push to introduce so-called Covid passports to speed up the revival of international travel.

The Travel Pass will display test results together with proof of inoculation, as well as listing national entry rules and details on the nearest labs, according to the International Air Transport Association. The app will also link to an electronic copy of the holder’s passport to prove their identity.

A test program will begin with British Airways parent IAG SA this year before arriving on Apple Inc. devices in the first quarter of 2021 and Android from April, IATA said. Travelers will be able to share their status with border authorities or present a QR code for scanning.

This may help get around the issue of forged vaccination certificates. 

Actually Singapore airlines is trialling a digital application that will allow verification of COVID tests and vaccination (not applicable yet). Quote: 'Singapore Airlines (SIA) has started trials on a new digital health verification process, which will be the first in the world to be based on the International Air Transport Association’s (IATA) Travel Pass framework. This will offer customers the ability to securely store and present information related to Covid-19 tests, as well as their vaccination status in the future'.https://www.singaporeair.com/en_UK/us/media-centre/press-release/article/?q=en_UK/2020/October-December/ne2420-201223

• Thanks 1

On 12/28/2020 at 8:05 AM, lovethai123 said:

at least he had the balls to pull out of the "CHO" . Many world leaders are bowing to mighty CCP. 

US can provide citizens some sort of paper certificate if needed by airlines/embassies  eventually. I am sure the hospitals keep a proper record of the people who have been vaccinated.

I prefer brains to balls. The fact remains that US citizens are not currently entitled to the standard certificate issued by the WHO because the US is not a member due to the petulant actions of its current bonehead president. I doubt whatever paper certificate issued by the US wold be as universally accepted as the WHO paperwork that has been the standard for decades.

On 12/28/2020 at 8:24 PM, mrbojangles said:

I get my first jab tomorrow (Saudi Arabia) so I'll see what they give (as in a hard copy) but the details of the vaccine is also registered on the Ministry of Health app that we have to be registered on to book the vaccine and any PCR tests.

How did it go?

On 12/26/2020 at 6:04 PM, Maestro said:

The yellow booklet "International Certificates of Vaccination" of the World Health Organization (WHO) is the standard certificate, recognised by all member countries of the WHO and possibly also some other countries. Different vaccination entities use it. For my current booklet it was the airline SWISSAIR, but all medical facilities doing vaccinations should be able to provide it.

Vaccination certificate p01&12.jpg

See images of more certificate issuers here:

https://www.google.ch/search?hl=en-GB&tbm=isch&sxsrf=ALeKk03N0f_bjgs5XVY3_fAQoVueI5BxRw%3A1608993746794&source=hp&biw=1920&bih=912&ei=&q=international+certificate+of+vaccination&oq=international+certificate+of+vaccination&gs_lcp=CgNpbWcQAzICCAAyAggAMgIIADICCAAyAggAMgYIABAFEB4yBggAEAUQHjIGCAAQBRAeMgQIABAYMgQIABAYOgUIABCxAzoICAAQsQMQgwE6BAgAEAM6BAgAEB46BggAEAgQHlDyM1iplQFgvMkBaABwAHgAgAFPiAHrE5IBAjQwmAEAoAEBqgELZ3dzLXdpei1pbWc&sclient=img&ved=0ahUKEwi0jeLl8OvtAhWB2eAKHVkECScQ4dUDCAc&uact=5

This is exactly what I have, an ‘International Certificate of Vaccination or Prophylaxis'

It’s most commonly used for those traveling to areas of Africa where the Yellow Fever vaccination is a requirement. 

The document also highlights my other vaccines: Tetanus, Diphtheria, Pertussis, Typhoid, Meningococcal (A/C/Y/W) - the only reason those are in the book is because I had them at the same time as Yellow fever, which is the primary reason for the Vaccine Certificate. 

Unfortunately, it would be extremely easy to forge the document - but, with the right equipment anything can be forged these days, even Chip data on cars. 

That said:  I do foresee a situation whereby our Vaccine data is stored along with our biometric data on our passports or in some other manner such has carrying a ‘digital vaccination passport’ on our smart phones.

The best system I know of is the ETIRAZ app used in Qatar. Its simple effective and tracks and traces.

Its colour coded QR code (which contains all our data) - A green QR code needs to be shown on entry to shops, restaurants, hotels, offices etc (photo below).

- Green - No current positive result & undergone quarantine or has remained in country.

- Yellow - in quarantine

- Grey - Suspected or exposed (track and trace)

- Red - Currently tested positive. 

The only issue with apps such as these is that there are too many people who don’t trust the governments and cry breach of rights. They work in places like Qatar because the government is more totalitarian and foreigners can either accept it and work in Qatar, or go home. 

There are even cheap ($100) smart phones which can be purchased (as soon as you exit the plane in Doha) to run the App for people who don’t want to run it on their main device. 

Would this work in the Thailand? - it could, but the problem is lack of policing. In countries of the ME the Police are more effective, the consequences uncompromising. In Thailand the Police are lazy and wouldn’t check, in the UK the people wouldn’t load it or turn it off because they don’t want their rights invaded, apps such as this could also fall foul of privacy laws. 

Regardless Apps such as these may be a requirement moving forwards for those who ‘want' to travel internationally. 

The argument ‘what if someone doesn’t have a smart phone?’ doesn’t hold in 2021 - neither does ‘what if my battery runs out ?’ (people will just have to accept a 15min delay as they charge their phone before showing their code etc)

There are common sense ways forwards which make counterfeiting difficult - the hurdles are those of peoples rights and the world community accepting a single or interchangeable systems.

Screenshot 2021-01-03 at 23.46.37.png

Edited by richard_smith237
  • Thanks 1