Drinkers.. Do you ever worry about the state of your Liver?

WineOh

Drinkers.. Do you ever worry about the state of your Liver?  

Can the liver repair itself after years of drinking?

The liver is very resilient and capable of regenerating itself. Each time your liver filters alcohol, some of the liver cells die. The liver can develop new cells, but prolonged alcohol misuse (drinking too much) over many years can reduce its ability to regenerate.      :burp:

• Like 1

And then, should you be worried about

Medicines and their side effects. A  sample : statines bring down cholesterol, but kill your body, proven !

Your food is treated with many chemicals, what does it do in the long run?

Thailand have pesticides still running, which are already forbidden in western world.

Where obesitas come from? Additives in food? Now sugar is a killer.

Too many eggs , you ll have cancer. Too much (?) peanut butter, you ll have cancer

We had lead in the petrol, we stopped with it as it destroys your brain. Now we have other additives, effect? 

Lots of radio waves today. effect ?

Smoke particles in the air, effecting lungs. Asbestos particles, asbestos will be still around in Thailand on roofs and or fences.

You get older and maybe at one time start andro pause, same as women have meno pause. You start dying, it effects your body.

Weird as they are always screaming about blood vessels and diseases and cancer , but not the pauses.

Another silent killer is apneu. Once a woman told me, my breathing was weird, dint pay attention to it. Developed snoring, my sons said.

I was laughing. At one point, every morning woke up with dry mouth, then i went to doc.

After investigation, they concluded i had apneu.

Had more then 40 breathe stops in the night, which probably effected me 13 years.Now i must sleep with machine, already 7 years.

Effects, as sleep is important for health ?     

Alcohol as you know is also a killer. Lost my father by this. Drinking to forget at one point, didnt care.

How he started to get used to it? Way back when he was young. My mother asked doctor how to get some more meat on his bones.

Doctor said, make some eggs stirred with brandy and let him have that !! Yeah "good old times", when you could even drink at work.

Now they say just one glass/day is already not good. Should also be a fact, if you sleep on alcohol, you dont sleep right, effecting your body.

Dont get me wrong , i drink alcohol. At one point in hospital, they said i had a fatty liver of.....alcohol...Bourgondic lifestyle, but already passed the stage again. A period i drank ONLY in weekends too much, when i was younger then. You know alcohol is just as bad as many other things.

29 minutes ago, xtrnuno41 said:

And then, should you be worried about

Medicines and their side effects. A  sample : statines bring down cholesterol, but kill your body, proven !

Your food is treated with many chemicals, what does it do in the long run?

Thailand have pesticides still running, which are already forbidden in western world.

Where obesitas come from? Additives in food? Now sugar is a killer.

Too many eggs , you ll have cancer. Too much (?) peanut butter, you ll have cancer

We had lead in the petrol, we stopped with it as it destroys your brain. Now we have other additives, effect? 

Lots of radio waves today. effect ?

Smoke particles in the air, effecting lungs. Asbestos particles, asbestos will be still around in Thailand on roofs and or fences.

You get older and maybe at one time start andro pause, same as women have meno pause. You start dying, it effects your body.

Weird as they are always screaming about blood vessels and diseases and cancer , but not the pauses.

Another silent killer is apneu. Once a woman told me, my breathing was weird, dint pay attention to it. Developed snoring, my sons said.

I was laughing. At one point, every morning woke up with dry mouth, then i went to doc.

After investigation, they concluded i had apneu.

Had more then 40 breathe stops in the night, which probably effected me 13 years.Now i must sleep with machine, already 7 years.

Effects, as sleep is important for health ?     

Alcohol as you know is also a killer. Lost my father by this. Drinking to forget at one point, didnt care.

How he started to get used to it? Way back when he was young. My mother asked doctor how to get some more meat on his bones.

Doctor said, make some eggs stirred with brandy and let him have that !! Yeah "good old times", when you could even drink at work.

Now they say just one glass/day is already not good. Should also be a fact, if you sleep on alcohol, you dont sleep right, effecting your body.

Dont get me wrong , i drink alcohol. At one point in hospital, they said i had a fatty liver of.....alcohol...Bourgondic lifestyle, but already passed the stage again. A period i drank ONLY in weekends too much, when i was younger then. You know alcohol is just as bad as many other things.

wow, I am worn out after reading that.... but need redo my will and go buy a casket....

• Haha 1

[quote]

... I tell my Mrs that I retired he to have fun and enjoy myself in my retirement

[/quote]

So you need to drink to excess to have fun and enjoy yourself?  Your choice of course, but I have fun and enjoy myself without drinking ????

On 12/27/2020 at 9:14 PM, Don Chance said:

It is not just your liver, your brain, your heart all your organs you should worry about.

You can easily be cured from alcoholism by taking Baclofen every day.

Dont worry about your liver .Its the only organ in the body that can re-generate.If your liver is destroyed by  liquor...just grow another one.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

The other way around. I am not worried about my liver. My liver is worried about me.

I have been on good terms with my liver for 68 years. My liver knows that (on occasion) I percieve the world as a cesspool, that needs to be "defused" with the help of brother alcohol.

My liver, residing in the middle of other vital organs, signals me that a numer of other vital organs in the neighborhood are getting ready to "jump ship" on me. Clearly, a conspiracy of other vital neighborhood organs in the making, says my liver.
Not me, says my liver. Regardless of what those neighborhood "live-supporters" are planning, I will stay with you and I will be the last to "jump ship" on you, says my liver. Truly, a friend for life.

PS: Every 10 years I clean out my deep-freezer as a matter of routine. Among other unmentionable things, I found a six-pack of beer. The faded label said "Corona", brewed in Mexico.

Irony pure, I'd say.
Cheers.

• 2 months later...
On 12/27/2020 at 7:44 PM, NanLaew said:

After a dozen beers, I wouldn't know if I even banged one of them let alone remember if she was hot.

I would bet that some of your banging was with ladyboys and you wouldn't have even known. ????

I get a yearly check up - I'm also a seasoned drinker and enjoy it!  dont sit and worry about it get it checked?  most of us have a 'fatty liver' and as long as it stays stable over the years why worry?   you'll be dead a long time - enjoy!

PS Tumeric helps

Beetroot juice 

has traditionally been used as a remedy to activate liver enzymes and increase bile, which helps the liver’s detox function. It’s high in betalains and other compounds that have been shown to reduce inflammation, protect against oxidative stress and reduce the risk of liver damage.