Thailand reports 144 new COVID-19 cases as Anutin self isolates

webfact

On 12/28/2020 at 1:50 PM, abrahamzvi said:

That is a most cynical comment and it‘s absolute nonsense. If „most of us“ were positive , quite a few vulnerable ones would be dead by now and hospitals would be overcrowded.. 

I fully agree, what he wrote is cynical and nonsense.

23 minutes ago, rabas said:

Of course there is linear growth. It begins on Dec 23 after the burst of foreign fish market workers. The linear growth is now the spreading throughout Thailand. This is daily cases and increasing daily cases equates to exponential growth of cases. This is why they estimate 1000s per day by mid January without strong measures.

lineargrowth.png.bb1c5bcd976a60c71b414c1ca9411af2.png

From the Ministry of Health, bottom graph.  https://covid19.ddc.moph.go.th/en

The problem is it only spreads because many thais do not wear a mask. If everyone would wear a mask then this outbreak would be over in a few weeks.

Looking on the bright side they could just open the doors wide open, build a few more hospitals and go into the medical/insurance and funeral business for farangs........ Big bucks !     I'm surprised one of the low life's hasn't thought of this one......    "Hey if life throws lemons at you, make lemonade".........

On 12/28/2020 at 1:45 PM, RR2020 said:

Should be lockdown now.

Allowing New Year celebrations to go ahead will likely mean a massive rise in cases in early and mid January.

Prepare for Lockdown V2 it would seem is very likely mid to late Jan.

Should lockdown your bank account as well so you can have a taste how it is to be without job, take your pension,take your wallet, how are you then going to survive? People like you belongs in one country, and that in North Korea, in a labour camp, your <deleted> ego, you don't know how many people are struggling because of this <deleted> <deleted> deadly virus, how can we trust the tests? When you can take 4 different tests in one day and 2 will show positive for the Chinese virus and 2 negative. I'm pretty sure if <deleted> "deadly" you wouldn't need to be tested for it to know if you have it or not, people like you and with your thinking should be deported.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Totoandlilly said:

Should lockdown your bank account as well so you can have a taste how it is to be without job, take your pension,take your wallet, how are you then going to survive? People like you belongs in one country, and that in North Korea, in a labour camp, your <deleted> ego, you don't know how many people are struggling because of this <deleted> <deleted> deadly virus, how can we trust the tests? When you can take 4 different tests in one day and 2 will show positive for the Chinese virus and 2 negative. I'm pretty sure if <deleted> "deadly" you wouldn't need to be tested for it to know if you have it or not, people like you and with your thinking should be deported.

Amazing Thailand, magnet for this left-wing pro censorship losers,. just Look at how many words that I wrote that was censored.. it's time for Thailand to focus on smart people and deport these moaning grumpy people. 

18 hours ago, welovesundaysatspace said:

There where is Covid, there are people being hospitalized, hooked up to a ventilator, and passing away. None of that happened in Thailand for many months, so the claim of widespread Covid infections that just aren’t detected is bogus. 

You must live in another Thailand.

There will always be the Covid deniers, and people who actually think that this virus is

just like a normal flu.  I guess they have not had any friends or relatives get this virus.

I have had both friends and relatives that are dead now, as they have caught this virus.

Not all of them were old, but they are all dead.  So all I have to say to the deniers, is

go to your local hospital, volunteer in the Covid section, take off your PPE get the

virus, then a month or two from now tell us all how it felt like.  Thailand may not be testing like

the USA, and even though there have been some gatherings, the crowds seem to be masked up

pretty good.  I just hope that the numbers stay low in Thailand, and the population gets the

vaccine soon. Some lucky people in Canada are getting the vaccine and I will certainly get it

when I quality. I will stay masked up and cautious for the next year though as I do not believe

the whole population will willing get the vaccine, which means there will still be spreaders out there

in the public after even 1 year.  

Geezer

• Like 1

On 12/29/2020 at 11:14 AM, Muzzique said:

There is currently a 8.5% increase in expect mortality in Thailand. Between April and end of July  2020 an extra 13000 people died than in the same months of the years between 2009-2019. This mortality data is taken from the Thai Bureau of Registration Administration. Whilst this does not mean COVID-19 is responsible it is hard to find another reason to account for this increase.

There is more information and links here

https://www.eastasiaforum.org/2020/08/06/lifting-the-veil-on-thailands-covid-19-success-story/

In addition random testing of all hospital staff in 52 cottage hospitals across Thailand between April and June 2020 shows that 3.7% of those tested have the SARS-CoV-2 antibodies' in their systems showing that they have had COVID-19 already.

Random testing for all patient admissions (not COVID) within the same  hospitals during the same period show 12.1% carry the same SARS-CoV-2 antibodies which indicates previous infection.

This report was created by the Department of Preventive and Social Medicine, Faculty of Medicine, at Chulalongkorn University is shown here.

https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1101/2020.06.24.20139188v3.full.pdf

So no, not everybody has had it. Thailand is doing as well as can be expected. You need to make your own assumptions based on the facts but it is clear that Thailand has had higher instances of COVID than we are lead to believe.

Do your research and don't blindly trust figures supplied by people who may not want you to know the truth.

Once you have that, then draw your own conclusions 

A silent pandemic then!  Well, Thailand does have an incredible ability to keep things hidden.  But we would surely expect to see the same sad sight of crowded hospital wards with sick patients fighting for breath. 

We might explain the increased mortality as being caused by the effects of social distancing, poverty, etc.  So, people stop going to hospitals for their chronic conditions for example.

17 hours ago, Totoandlilly said:

Amazing Thailand, magnet for this left-wing pro censorship losers,. just Look at how many words that I wrote that was censored.. it's time for Thailand to focus on smart people and deport these moaning grumpy people. 

Jesus, take a chill pill, man ????

If I was a mod I would have deleted the whole thing for being complete  nonsense. 

And as for your comment on listening to smart people and deporting grumpy people - I'd be careful what you wish for. 

Edited by MaiDong

4 hours ago, Stargrazer9889 said:

There will always be the Covid deniers, and people who actually think that this virus is

just like a normal flu.  I guess they have not had any friends or relatives get this virus.

I have had both friends and relatives that are dead now, as they have caught this virus.

Not all of them were old, but they are all dead.  So all I have to say to the deniers, is

go to your local hospital, volunteer in the Covid section, take off your PPE get the

virus, then a month or two from now tell us all how it felt like.  Thailand may not be testing like

the USA, and even though there have been some gatherings, the crowds seem to be masked up

pretty good.  I just hope that the numbers stay low in Thailand, and the population gets the

vaccine soon. Some lucky people in Canada are getting the vaccine and I will certainly get it

when I quality. I will stay masked up and cautious for the next year though as I do not believe

the whole population will willing get the vaccine, which means there will still be spreaders out there

in the public after even 1 year.  

Geezer

My mum had it, and she is 73 yrs old with a serious underlying condition. She described it as a mild flu with a little bit fever, and just stayed home for a few days. She is still alive.

I also have 3 colleagues who had it and one did not even notice it (tested after being in contact with someone with the virus) and the other two very mild symptoms with a little fatigue. 

I think you should ask yourself, who is in denial? The virus has a mortality rate around 0.3% over all, and even lower with younger people. If life is so scary to you, you should not roll out of bed every day - Better stay home alone.

Edited by Cobra666

21 hours ago, Misab said:

The problem is it only spreads because many thais do not wear a mask. If everyone would wear a mask then this outbreak would be over in a few weeks.

I think you are placing too much faith in the power of masks; it's really about social distancing and quarantine.  Masks probably have a place when there is close physical contact such as people talking face to face, eg, a bank teller serving a customer.  But even then their protection is limited imo.

4 minutes ago, Cobra666 said:

My mum had it, and she is 73 yrs old with a serious underlying condition. She described it as a mild flu with a little bit fever, and just stayed home for a few days. She is still alive.

I also have 3 colleagues who had it and one did not even notice it (tested after being in contact with someone with the virus) and the other two very mild symptoms with a little fatigue. 

I think you should ask yourself, who is in denial? The virus has a mortality rate around 0.3% over all, and even lower with younger people. If life is so scary to you, you should not roll out of bed every day - Better stay home alone.

So do you really think you're limited anecdotal stories prove anything? We already know that most infected people get lucky, but the numbers that aren't have become a serious global problem. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, mommysboy said:

A silent pandemic then!  Well, Thailand does have an incredible ability to keep things hidden.  But we would surely expect to see the same sad sight of crowded hospital wards with sick patients fighting for breath. 

We might explain the increased mortality as being caused by the effects of social distancing, poverty, etc.  So, people stop going to hospitals for their chronic conditions for example.

I agree. There are a number of other factors at here that could affect this caused by the effect of the virus. The lack of tourists forcing businesses to close, causing lost employment, poverty and leading to people not being able to afford to go to hospital or buy proper medicines.

It's hard to tell the reality as the social media and press restriction for COVID-19 reporting in Thailand are pretty tough.

https://rsf.org/en/news/thailand-uses-covid-19-restrict-freedom-inform

I think it's highly unlikely that we would see any negative press due to the strict censorship in place since March to prevent anything but the governments message being heard. So you should simply draw your own conclusions here.

10 minutes ago, Cobra666 said:

The denominator (0.3% say) is the overall average, but is much higher for elderly people and those with health conditions.

Also, if the numerator is so high then even with a small denominator there can be tens of thousands of seriously ill people, which is exactly what has happened in USA and UK.

But you are right in the sense that when we look at any one individual who is basically healthy then the chance of dying is very small.  NB: fit and healthy means good BMI and actually exercising daily.

28 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

So do you really think you're limited anecdotal stories prove anything? We already know that most infected people get lucky, but the numbers that aren't have become a serious global problem. 

Then make targeted efforts, not a global lockdown.

Thanks for the "glad you mum made it" Sorry that she survived so your narrative got crushed.

Edited by Cobra666

4 minutes ago, mommysboy said:

The denominator (0.3% say) is the overall average, but is much higher for elderly people and those with health conditions.

Also, if the numerator is so high then even with a small denominator there can be tens of thousands of seriously ill people, which is exactly what has happened in USA and UK.

But you are right in the sense that when we look at any one individual who is basically healthy then the chance of dying is very small.  NB: fit and healthy means good BMI and actually exercising daily.

Getting fat and out of shape is a choice people make. Staying in shape requires adjustments and an effort, something very few are willing to make. If you want a real global problem it is obesity. Those people should get the vaccine but I am not taking a bullet for them. I clean my hands, stay at home if I get the flu and take my daily vit C, D and Zink.

47 minutes ago, Cobra666 said:

It's an unknown how it will affect different people. The one of biggest issue is the bodies reaction to the virus. Sometimes, the immune system overreacts to viral invaders resulting in T cells killing normal, healthy uninfected cells and causing tissue damage. However, there is a ‘brake mechanism’ that should kick in, causing T cells to reduce their activity and calming inflammation  once the virus is under control.

For some of those that develop severe symptoms it appears that the 'brake' never cuts in to calm the over reaction, This then leads to the continued destruction of healthy cells in the lungs leading to pneumonia and death.

https://www.imperial.ac.uk/news/206173/severe-covid-19-infection-linked-overactive-immune/

It has something to do with the protein  ‘Foxp3’ that should apply this brake not being produced by some people so the brakes don't come on.

it is therefore pot luck whether you are someone with this flaw and hit a critical point where you go down instead of up. I would assume that older you are the less able your body is able to repair the damage quickly so that would contribute too.

There is still so much we do not know now so best keep yourself safe as you have said until the information becomes clearer.

Edited by Muzzique
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Muzzique said:

It's an unknown how it will affect different people. The one of biggest issue is the bodies reaction to the virus. Sometimes, the immune system overreacts to viral invaders resulting in T cells killing normal, healthy uninfected cells and causing tissue damage. However, there is a ‘brake mechanism’ that should kick in, causing T cells to reduce their activity and calming inflammation  once the virus is under control.

For some of those that develop severe symptoms it appears that the 'brake' never cuts in to calm the over reaction, This then leads to the continued destruction of healthy cells in the lungs leading to pneumonia and death.

https://www.imperial.ac.uk/news/206173/severe-covid-19-infection-linked-overactive-immune/

It has something to do with the protein  ‘Foxp3’ that should apply this brake not being produced by some people so the brakes don't come on.

it is therefore pot luck whether you are someone with this flaw and hit a critical point where you go down instead of up. I would assume that older you are the less able your body is able to repair the damage quickly so that would contribute too.

There is still so much we do not know now so best keep yourself safe as you have said until the information becomes clearer.

I don`t even know someone who knows someone who had it and died/affected them severely. 

11 minutes ago, Cobra666 said:

I don`t even know someone who knows someone who had it and died/affected them severely. 

Count yourself lucky.  My sisters family had it, kids asymptomatic , she and her husband mild symptoms, have many friends who have have had it and recovered, but I have lost 4 of them who have died.

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, ThailandRyan said:

Count yourself lucky.  My sisters family had it, kids asymptomatic , she and her husband mild symptoms, have many friends who have have had it and recovered, but I have lost 4 of them who have died.

I also know people who died. From depression after being denied their real life due to lockdowns. I am sure these people don`t matter to you

Edited by Cobra666
  • Like 1