How important is religion if you are marrying a thai woman?

lovethai123

3 minutes ago, Natai Beach said:

I know Buddhist women who have converted to Islam to marry Islamic men.

And Buddhist men who have converted to Islam to marry Islamic women.

So I assume that to marry an Islamic you must convert to Islam. 

I don’t personally know of any who have converted the other way.

Maybe somebody else has?

well do thai buddhist woman need to convert (atleast on papers) if they marry an american, canadina, uk, nz, au, french, german, spanish, scandinavians , irish etc ? 

i am just curious. 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Nout said:

No. Anyway you list nations and nationalities. There are 5 major religions. Islam is strictest about conversion for marriage. Catholicism also but less so. Your question is borderline provocative troll and potentially seeking to stir division.

no i am not. 

i was genuinely interested in knowing what the western countries are like . I have seen lot of western men with thai/filipino wives and was wondering if the marriage is recognised in western nations if both follow different religions.

But it appears  religion doesn't matter in getting your marriage registered and live legally as husband and wife. 

23 minutes ago, Sujo said:

I have been living with a muslim girl for 5 years. If we marry i must become muslim so thats not going to happen.

Thanks for clearing it up. I wasn't too sure about this strict rule. 

21 minutes ago, JeffersLos said:

My American friend was totaled in a motorcycle accident in the South. Couldn't work or take care of himself (go out shopping etc, this was before mobile Apps) for nearly 6 months.

The local Buddhist Thais did nothing for him, the local muslims would call in every day to do his shopping and make sure he was okay etc.

True, they are very simple and kind hearted, but even malaysian muslims dislike the arabs which most islamaphobia racism  is based on.

1 minute ago, Sujo said:

True, they are very simple and kind hearted, but even malaysian muslims dislike the arabs which most islamaphobia racism  is based on.

malaysians are good people. very simple and kind hearted..

but they are harboring known fugitive wanted by at least 2 countries. They gave him PR too on the spot.  Authorities only wanted to question him but malaysian government keeps denying the access. Wonderful malaysia. 

3 minutes ago, lovethai123 said:

no i am not. 

i was genuinely interested in knowing what the western countries are like . I have seen lot of western men with thai/filipino wives and was wondering if the marriage is recognised in western nations if both follow different religions.

But it appears  religion doesn't matter in getting your marriage registered and live legally as husband and wife. 

Thanks for clearing it up. I wasn't too sure about this strict rule. 

Philippine girls cannot divorce so be careful. If you are with one that is separared it could be big trouble.

muslim girls also have no choice, husband must be muslim.

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, Sujo said:

Philippine girls cannot divorce so be careful. If you are with one that is separared it could be big trouble.

tnx

1 minute ago, Sujo said:

muslim girls also have no choice, husband must be muslim.

is that why a girl i  was sleeping with in college back wanted me to get a circumcision? I

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, lovethai123 said:

malaysians are good people. very simple and kind hearted..

but they are harboring known fugitive wanted by at least 2 countries. They gave him PR too on the spot.  Authorities only wanted to question him but malaysian government keeps denying the access. Wonderful malaysia. 

Yes the govt is corrupt. They have had the same govt since the british gave them self rule so that breeds corruption. But new govt voted in first time. Its volatile but changing.

you may want to search a guy the govt really wants. Financier of The Wolf of Walll Street. Jho Low.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, lovethai123 said:

tnx

is that why a girl i  was sleeping with in college back wanted me to get a circumcision? I

Yes u must be circumsized to marry and they will check.

My gf is also circumsized. In africa they cut the clit. Malaysia they do not. They put a very small cut on the cover of it to expose it. Like 2mm. U cant notice.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1