How important is religion if you are marrying a thai woman?

lovethai123

1 hour ago, Sujo said:

My gf is also circumsized. In africa they cut the clit. 

well its nt like that. i have read about it. its called FGM and its too painful for the girl. it may be done due to cultural or religious reason. but its not good and there is a movement to stop it. 

i have heard that some communities in my country too practice FGM , but growing awareness helps. ????????

Edited by lovethai123
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, lovethai123 said:

well do thai buddhist woman need to convert (atleast on papers) if they marry an american, canadina, uk, nz, au, french, german, spanish, scandinavians , irish etc ? 

i am just curious. 

No, convert to what? Not everybody has an imaginary friend.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Sujo said:

Yes u must be circumsized to marry and they will check.

My gf is also circumsized. In africa they cut the clit. Malaysia they do not. They put a very small cut on the cover of it to expose it. Like 2mm. U cant notice.

The procedure in women is not circumcision. not correct term. This term was given to try and make the practice of Female Genital Mutilation acceptable. It is not similar to man procedure. The extent of the cutting, and usually removal of parts of body like clitoris and labia is very different.  In man, the  glans is equivalent of  clitoris and it is not touched.  

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, lovethai123 said:

malaysians are good people. very simple and kind hearted..

but they are harboring known fugitive wanted by at least 2 countries. They gave him PR too on the spot.  Authorities only wanted to question him but malaysian government keeps denying the access. Wonderful malaysia. 

Plenty of fugitives are heroes on the run from non elected military juntas

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Patong2021 said:

The procedure in women is not circumcision. not correct term. This term was given to try and make the practice of Female Genital Mutilation acceptable. It is not similar to man procedure. The extent of the cutting, and usually removal of parts of body like clitoris and labia is very different.  In man, the  glans is equivalent of  clitoris and it is not touched.  

Not correct, read my post. The mutilation is done in africa. It is not done in malaysia. In malaysia it is a very small cut to expose the clitoris.

I think i would know considering my gf had it done.

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Nothing ever with spirit houses, monks, ghost, sacred trees, special numbers for the lottery, anything like that?

sacred-banyan-tree-thailand.jpg

That's it, you are screwed my man.  Don't switch off the lights at night, they are surely coming to get you.  ????????  

16 hours ago, liddelljohn said:

Im a Satanist , My woman is a Bhuddist , my family is Jewish, my best mate is Muslim ,and i come from a supposidly Christian country so no Religion  dont matter unless your  a dork

One advantage of supposedly being a Satanist is that the Thais consult me or beg me to get rid of ghosts and evil spirits  or even to put curses on evil thais ,  as i claim to have a direct line to the devil ha ha , quite funny really they believe it ,,and it makes them feel better ,,!!!! 

• Haha 1

Some time ago I knew an Islamic woman who was seriously in love with a Buddhist man.  Her parents strongly objected to their relationship.  I do not know the details but they ended up getting married.  As the relationship was quite strong I believe her parents relented.  They now have two beautiful children and seem very happy.

On 12/28/2020 at 8:18 PM, Liverpoolfan said:

Myself and my Thai spouse are both hardline Atheists. 

There is never any talk of anything remotely religious in our house. 

Im sure that makes your lives far more honest and realistic..

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

On 12/28/2020 at 7:39 PM, Natai Beach said:

I know Buddhist women who have converted to Islam to marry Islamic men.

And Buddhist men who have converted to Islam to marry Islamic women.

So I assume that to marry an Islamic you must convert to Islam. 

I don’t personally know of any who have converted the other way.

Maybe somebody else has?

We had a saying in Europe: "where there are two religions resting on one pillow, the devil sleeps in between." what highlights the good relationship between different factions of Christianity at that time.

one cannot renounce Islam, and cannot marry someone who has another believe.
(as far as I remember an exception is that a Muslim can marry a Christian wife.)

As far as I know, there are similar rules for some other religions.

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

On 12/28/2020 at 9:11 PM, 4MyEgo said:

says you get 74 virgins when you get to heaven and so on

that may last two weeks or so, and then what ?
by the way,  imagine 74 headaches instead of one, are you sure this is about heaven?

• Haha 2

12 minutes ago, KKr said:

that may last two weeks or so, and then what ?
by the way,  imagine 74 headaches instead of one, are you sure this is about heaven?

Um, I was thinking there isn't a heaven and those stupid enough to believe it would do as their religion tells them, now that part I'm not going into.

One question though, did you say "that may last two weeks or so" considering there is a heaven, man that's one hell of an appetite you have there.

it is a requirement of the muslim religion for the non muslim to convert to that faith before they can marry.  The catholic church used to have the same rules many years ago, not sure if they still do. My mum was a non-catholic, dad was a catholic. The catholic religion would not let them marry in a catholic church until mum converted to catholocism, and if they married outside the church the marriage would not be recognised by the church. That was back in the 50's and prior.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1