Marijuana latest: Ten families given green light to grow in Buriram pilot scheme

webfact

Marijuana latest: Ten families given green light to grow in Buriram pilot scheme

8pm.jpg

Picture: Thai Rath

Ten families in Buriram in the north east of Thailand will each be allowed to grow six marijuana plants to supply medical facilities producing medications. 

Suppatra Bunserm, a pharmacist at the Food and Drug Administration, said that the pilot project will take place while permission is sought more widely for those who want to grow marijuana for medical purposes. 

In order for this to happen changes need to be made to narcotics' legislation. 

The pilot is taking place among members of a community enterprise in the Non Malai area. The families will supply the Non Malai Health Center and Khu Muang Hospital with the plants when the growing is completed. 

Permission from the narcotics' authorities came on December 23rd, said Suppatra. 

Work continues to advise on the best strains of marijuana to be grown in what area and the pilot will look into what difficulties are thrown up in the project.

It is hoped that following the completion of the project it will be rolled out nationwide. 

Source: Thai Rath

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2020-12-29

9 minutes ago, webfact said:

Ten families in Buriram in the north east of Thailand will each be allowed to grow six marijuana plants to supply medical facilities producing medications. 

They would'nt be Chidchobs by any chance, would they??? No, silly, Chidchobs would grow it by the rai! 

5 hours ago, webfact said:

Work continues to advise on the best strains of marijuana to be grown in what area and the pilot will look into what difficulties are thrown up in the project.

Which one of the clowns is giving out this advice ? Its really not rocket science, control the enviroment(indoor) and grow any of the really nice strains that exist already.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, RocketDog said:

Growing inside is in fact rocket science. Growing outside in Thailand is very easy.

Inside = lights, fans, pumps, filters, chemicals, coolers, timers, ad nauseum. 

Outside = water + sun. 

Outside the Thai weather, temperature and lighting are all wrong along with many insect pests.

Cannabis flowers when the day gets shorter, monsoon is July up until October, leaving November and December.

Unfortunately you need 3+ months for flowering.

Inside you can grow all year, no need for air-con.

So a friend tells me. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, RocketDog said:

Growing inside is in fact rocket science. Growing outside in Thailand is very easy.

Inside = lights, fans, pumps, filters, chemicals, coolers, timers, ad nauseum. 

Outside = water + sun. 

As you say, there are multiple strains that would be suited here. They are just supplying fodder to produce thc oil or flower, not a boutique for recreational users. 

If weather or legality is not an issue why would anybody ever grow inside? 

I've done both and there is no contest. 

I come from England so outside was never an option for me but its far easier to control the enviroment indoors and would never consider outdoors here, as its far too hot, pests and nosey neighbours. Plus once it gets going indoor you can have a crop every month and half, cycling between the grow room and flowering room.... Indoors is really easy now, considering all the you tube guides available. I started to grow in the early 90's when it was nearly all guess work apart from the Ed Rosenthal, ask Ed section of high times. 

As for supplying fodder, I dont know what strains they are using (I heard there are 4 ) but surely using some of the superior high yield, high thc/cbd strains is a better option than trying to reinvent the wheel when they are 40 years behind Holland and the USA .

Edit: Chemicals ? I guess you mean nutes, well you need those outside aswell even if it in in some form of compost.

Edited by CraigInBangkok

15 hours ago, BritManToo said:

Outside the Thai weather, temperature and lighting are all wrong along with many insect pests.

Cannabis flowers when the day gets shorter, monsoon is July up until October, leaving November and December.

So a friend tells me. 

If you want to grow the very best quality and quantity I agree with you. 

I have a huge greenhouse at home and can tell you that insects can be devastating inside too. 

If you just want a private stash "suitable for everyday use" (as the generic food containers tell us) then growing outside is the shortest, cheapest, easiest route to a few kilos of product IMO. 

Some people take great pleasure in growing indoors devoting lots of time and attention on their plants. Been there and done that too. Weed only became legal in Colorado a few years ago. Until then I grew indoors. After growing outside the first year I never looked back. Plant fem seedlings in April, water, chop down the Christmas trees before the first frost in October/November and enjoy. 

Maybe you're right about growing outside  in Thailand. I look forward to trying though. ????

2 hours ago, CraigInBangkok said:

I come from England so outside was never an option for me but its far easier to control the enviroment indoors and would never consider outdoors here, as its far too hot, pests and nosey neighbours. Plus once it gets going indoor you can have a crop every month and half, cycling between the grow room and flowering room.... Indoors is really easy now, considering all the you tube guides available. I started to grow in the early 90's when it was nearly all guess work apart from the Ed Rosenthal, ask Ed section of high times. 

As for supplying fodder, I dont know what strains they are using (I heard there are 4 ) but surely using some of the superior high yield, high thc/cbd strains is a better option than trying to reinvent the wheel when they are 40 years behind Holland and the USA .

Edit: Chemicals ? I guess you mean nutes, well you need those outside aswell even if it in in some form of compost.

Colorado growing season was limited too, but the spring /summer/fall were all long enough to grow 15 foot trees with little care. Yes, I used compost. Before Led lighting became realistic I used high wattage sodium lights that were hot and power hungry and necessarily close to the plants. Lots of details to manage that made more than 2 day vacations impossible. One was married to the planes. Not so when growing outdoors, where it's legal. 

My first attempts were in the mid 1970's and as you say, little verifiable knowledge as guidance. It took a while to understand that the plants would NEVER flower until the light cycle fell below 12 hours. That was a major revelation that led to kolas the size of my arm. 

As it becomes more legalized here I'm sure cultivation info and probably seeds/seedlings will quickly become available. Lots of us aging hippies looking forward to a new hobby. 

• Like 1

Remember this is for Medicinal use..my mum with Parkinsons is currently on this and it saved her life compared to the very nasty addictive pharmaceuticals which is like a dog chasing its tail..I fully support all research in this I wish it was available a few yrs ago rather than watch my mum suffer like she did..as far as recreational use I can honestly say (I should give up but probably won't) there is no way known to man that a plant grown outside in ideal conditions can be replicated inside!.. and then the silly games begins..nutrients..??? Thailand always had some of the better strains over the years for recreational use obviously very high in THC..who can ever forget the sticks

46 minutes ago, RocketDog said:

If you want to grow the very best quality and quantity I agree with you. 

I have a huge greenhouse at home and can tell you that insects can be devastating inside too. 

If you just want a private stash "suitable for everyday use" (as the generic food containers tell us) then growing outside is the shortest, cheapest, easiest route to a few kilos of product IMO. 

Some people take great pleasure in growing indoors devoting lots of time and attention on their plants. Been there and done that too. Weed only became legal in Colorado a few years ago. Until then I grew indoors. After growing outside the first year I never looked back. Plant fem seedlings in April, water, chop down the Christmas trees before the first frost in October/November and enjoy. 

Maybe you're right about growing outside  in Thailand. I look forward to trying though. ????

5,000bht for  an HLG 240 LED from Shopee, then growing in coco takes about 20 mins attention a day, bag of nutrients from Lazada around 100bht, enough to grow 4 plants for a year under the stairs.

So a friend tells me.

If I were living in N. america I'd grow outside too.

Here, leaf miners, thrips and aphids will eat all.

Edited by BritManToo

3 hours ago, CraigInBangkok said:

Yes, those nosey neighbours asking, why your part of the roof has no snow ????

6B8E6780-950D-4B23-9040-348E4DA678DE_4_5005_c.jpeg

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Chooky said:

Remember this is for Medicinal use..my mum with Parkinsons is currently on this and it saved her life compared to the very nasty addictive pharmaceuticals which is like a dog chasing its tail..I fully support all research in this I wish it was available a few yrs ago rather than watch my mum suffer like she did..as far as recreational use I can honestly say (I should give up but probably won't) there is no way known to man that a plant grown outside in ideal conditions can be replicated inside!.. and then the silly games begins..nutrients..??? Thailand always had some of the better strains over the years for recreational use obviously very high in THC..who can ever forget the sticks

Agree with you about the nasty pharma but the only difference indoor and outdoor, would be a bigger yield outdoor but in Thailand that is pretty much once a year. IMO it is just too hot here to grow most strains outside. If you are still thinking about thai sticks maybe you should try some of the newer hybrids(most of which probably have some thai in them somewhere in the linage) as things have progressed.  I'd like to find out more about the strains we will be allowed to grow as Thai on its own take too long to flower and is also a pure sativa. Personally I prefer a heavy indica strain as it makes my insomnia dissapear and a sativa isnt really going to help me(unless I smoke from morning 'til night).

1 hour ago, RocketDog said:

Before Led lighting became realistic I used high wattage sodium lights that were hot and power hungry and necessarily close to the plants. Lots of details to manage that made more than 2 day vacations impossible. One was married to the planes. Not so when growing outdoors, where it's legal. 

I agree with you about the sodium and metal hallides being power hungry ( that was my biggest concern in getting busted back in the day, hallide 1000 watts 24hrs/day plus 2 sodiums 2000 watts 12hrs/day ). 

I had a full hydro setup and once it was up and running its pretty much just watching it grow. I could of left it for a few days but honestly I was happily married to it. I was 16 when I discovered "real" pot in Amsterdam  and was growing before I turned 18 and at one time (20 odd years) it was all I thought about. We never got a divorce but we have had to seperate for a while since I moved to Thailand. Come on Thailand, help a middle aged man sleep again!

Edited by CraigInBangkok
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, CraigInBangkok said:

Agree with you about the nasty pharma but the only difference indoor and outdoor, would be a bigger yield outdoor but in Thailand that is pretty much once a year. IMO it is just too hot here to grow most strains outside. If you are still thinking about thai sticks maybe you should try some of the newer hybrids(most of which probably have some thai in them somewhere in the linage) as things have progressed.  I'd like to find out more about the strains we will be allowed to grow as Thai on its own take too long to flower and is also a pure sativa. Personally I prefer a heavy indica strain as it makes my insomnia dissapear and a sativa isnt really going to help me(unless I smoke from morning 'til night).

Agree with you in that parts of Thailand are too humid the North the areas formerly referred to as the Triangle seemed ideal I remember villages in Thailand all the way to China cooking huge woks of Marijuana seeds the locals walked around all day eating bag fulls of seeds the plants they used for other purposes or discarded the plants were enormous.Im sure there would still be some expert farmers up there it wasn't that long ago..I personally have seen indoor and I think they yield more, more quickly, the plant is much stockier with more flower again depending on feed and quality of light.Also have insomnia and again agree with the indica strain unfortunately with laws in lots of countries still in neolithic stages the progress of this wonder plant will be stalled ..there is still so much to learn therapeutically and recreationally..imagine sensible people will be able to choose their right grade? thanks for your feedback have a great new year .

• Like 1

On 12/29/2020 at 7:51 PM, BritManToo said:

So a friend tells me. 

The weather is all wrong? Most of my youth pre hydro days was with a little product known as Buddha sticks or Thai Buddha. So something must be right with the whether or so I heard. ????

5 minutes ago, starky said:

So 60 plants. Bwahahah what? A year? To supply the medical marijuana industry? 6 plants of backyard bush grown by 10 different families ????????????????????

Depends on the size of the plants.

cannabis.jpg

Edited by BritManToo
  • Haha 1

On 1/1/2021 at 6:28 PM, teacherclaire said:

Thai sticks will be back soon, methinks. 

compared to today's choices thai sticks are meh. 

On 12/30/2020 at 1:13 PM, CraigInBangkok said:

We never got a divorce but we have had to seperate for a while since I moved to Thailand.

so you're a brick layer then eh. 

If you are looking for the best soil in Thailand, then you need to talk to Magus. He is just west of Bangkok, well outside of BKK... PM me for the info.

He is the best soil guy in Thailand, no joke.

Edited by doggie1955