Will i have a long stay visa issue?

First of all i'm sorry for my English.

At the beginning of 2019 i got a non B visa and a work permit.

4 months later i got the 1 year extension in the passport and could stay untill April 2020.

On November 2019, i left my job, returned the work permit to my employer, as he asked me to, and left the country.

Before i left I asked the employer if there was something that i had to do with the visa before leaving the country, because i still had about 5 month left to the expiration of the visa in the passport and he said that i had to do nothing and also said that once i leave the country - the visa will be canceled automatically.

I left the country before he canceled the work permit so i wasn't over stay even one single minute but lately someone told me that i might have a problem in the future to make any other type of long stay visa because i didn't cancel it at the immigration office.

Is that so?

I have a stamp of expiry on april 2020 but i left the country 5 month earlier and didn't get back over than 1 year already.

My employer didn't mention anything about he had to give me a work permit cancellation paper from the labor department and company contract termination letter.

I'm so confused because my employer closed his business during the last months because of the situation with the covid and i don't know when or if he ever open it again in case that i will need the cancellation paper or a company contract termination letter.

The main question is if i'm going to have any kind of problem in the future for making a new long stay visa or even to enter as a tourist?

Thanks in advance.

You might have a problem if you want to apply for another extension of stay based upon working (it not a visa) at immigration since you did not have it fromally have it canceled before you left the country.

Some immigration offices have asked for a termination letter from you previous employer before they would issue a new one.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Dyam said:

How can i fix this?

I wouldn't worry about it until it actually causes a problem.

Would your ex-employer issue you with a retrospective termination letter? Assuming of course that you can contact him even though the business is closed.

6 hours ago, Crossy said:

I wouldn't worry about it until it actually causes a problem.

Would your ex-employer issue you with a retrospective termination letter? Assuming of course that you can contact him even though the business is closed.

How can i not be worried about it if it might make me problems in the future?

I'm afraid my ex-employer has bigger problems these days than help me with that so i think he wouldn't care now about my problem although he caused it.

I just feel he led me astray.

Is there a way to fix it in case he can not help me with the termination letter?

Hi,

I am in similar situation. I left Thailand after very short time from starting work because of home emergency. Since this was during the start of pandemic my employer let me work remotely from my home country for this short period of time.

Long story short, we parted ways without me canceling either visa nor WP(I still have the WP).

I am now back in Bangkok for another job, will be getting my WP on Monday on Tuesday.

I will keep you updated.

Do not worry as there is not much you can do now and if you really want to do everything you possibly can, just write an email to your former company, worst case they will ignore it.

Edited by Kalorymetr

The most important thing is that you did not have any overstay. I believe there will be some consideration of the fact that this all happened in the midst of the worst times for businesses. A lot of companies failed, and circumstances were bad for everyone. A lot of paperwork was not properly addressed by many companies, and as you were out of the country, it was not possible for you to control what happened. As others have said, you should attempt to get a termination letter from your previous employer, if at all possible. Better still if you can get a letter from your previous employer explaining that they are the ones who failed to properly process the work permit.

• Like 1