400 thb

Tayida

Of course you should not go to the police, that would be pointless.

For such a heinous crime you should contact The Department of Special Investigations, sometimes referred to as the Thai FBI, they will provide you with the correct response.

• Haha 1

Lesson learned.

Small amount paid and hopefully you got a bit smarter now.

Accept it as a "Christmas present" and get over it.

This" friend" won't bother you any longer. Probably blocked you already on line, messenger etc????

• Like 1

Just now, ThaidDown said:

Of course you should not go to the police, that would be pointless.

For such a heinous crime you should contact The Department of Special Investigations, sometimes referred to as the Thai FBI, they will provide you with the correct response.

But first pay them an "administration fee" of 10,000baht to get the ball rolling.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, vogie said:

Do you have any evidence that you lent him the money, did you draw up a contract, a loan agreement or even an IOU. 

The moral of the good deed is 'never a lender or borrower be'

Just the line messagges where he promise to repay on 17 december and the screenshot of the bank transfer.

3 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

Move on,lesson learned, done and dusted, don't cry over spilled milk, surely you have wasted 400 baht on something in your life before that left you unsatisfied so just accept it for what it is....gone.

Of course better lose 400 than 4000.....but its just the way he act. But i am the stupid one here.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

Move on,lesson learned, done and dusted, don't cry over spilled milk, surely you have wasted 400 baht on something in your life before that left you unsatisfied so just accept it for what it is....gone.

but he needs the money back......to buy ticket on THE SPACESHIP !!!!

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Tayida said:

No: it's just the way he act that i totally don't like. 

Learn that he's not a nice friend, and note that there's plenty of farang like this in LOS, choose your friends/acquaintances more carefully. A good lesson. 

Here's a tip from my Thai adult son; when people ask him for a loan he responses quickly with 'actually I was just about to ask you for a loan, how about 10,000Baht'.

Edited by scorecard
  • Haha 1

57 minutes ago, Tayida said:

No: it's just the way he act that i totally don't like. 

glad he was ONLY  an acquaintance  ... if he was your friend you would be out of 4 or 40 K  and Not 400 .... 555

1 hour ago, Tayida said:

I know it's not a big sum, but it's the way he act that I didn't like. I lent 400 thb to an acquaintance with the promise of getting it back on December 17th. To date, of course, still nothing. If I report to the police, is there a chance to get them back or will they mock me for that amount?

You have not been here very long if you don't know any loan to a Thai person is actually a gift. If the person in question is not Thai, that's a very inexpensive lesson.

Go to the police by all means, you will make their day. Hey Somchai, come and help me with this farang who is owed 400 baht by a deadbeat.

My GF sometimes wants to borrow 500 or 1000 baht. I give her the money, we look at each other, and laugh.

8 hours ago, Tayida said:

If I report to the police, is there a chance to get them back or will they mock me for that amount?

I'm sure they will get back your 400 Baht if you pay them 2000 Baht.  

They will get back your 400 Baht immediately.  You hand them 2000 Baht, they give you back 400 Baht and tell you your money has been recovered.  They keep the 1600 baht.  You leave the station happy.

The mocking will start after you leave the station.  

????

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, scorecard said:

Here's a tip from my Thai adult son; when people ask him for a loan he responses quickly with 'actually I was just about to ask you for a loan, how about 10,000Baht'.

The trouble is, the person asking him for a loan knows he has a farang father.  ????