Thailand confirms 250 new coronavirus infections

webfact

2 hours ago, dcnx said:

Pattaya just shut down. Surprised that city has the brains to do what’s needed and lead the way.

I don't know how this is organized. But these orders come from the governor of Chonburi. The mayor of Pattaya said that the New Years festivals will not be canceled and also the entertainment will not be closed. The Chonburi governor ended both. Obviously the Chonburi governor can decide what happens in Pattaya. 

3 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

When will they decide to curb provincial travel and cancel all New Years gatherings is the next question. 

After the Minions have placed a whole lot of Money into the Hands of Singha Corp, KFC and the others over the Festive Holiday.

The Cash Registers need to be making over this period, its more important than the welfare of the Nation as a whole..

Ker - ching 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, sapson said:

non elected military who are hell bent on lining their pockets

did you ever come in Thailand? ...elections were last year???????????? and the prime minister , coming from army (that was always a poor budget in Thailand) continue to fight with some mafias ...the last one , discovering illegal gamble dens in rayong connecting with local police. Come to visit and discover this complicate and nice country with only 6200 covid cases and 61 dead people in 1 year ; what about your country and your governement? democracy? 

• Confused 4
  • Sad 2

3 minutes ago, ukrules said:
4 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

When will they decide to curb provincial travel and cancel all New Years gatherings is the next question. 

Perhaps next year?

nobody is looking at news?

The governement and many provincial governors cancelled a lot of shows and festivities.

today they press people to not move to another province for newyear

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, berton said:

nobody is looking at news?

The governement and many provincial governors cancelled a lot of shows and festivities.

today they press people to not move to another province for newyear

I'm still catching up on todays news but I read it from the start to the end..

• Like 1

MRT was packed this morning just like Rama 4 Rd was stacked with cars in both directions.  We just returned from a trip to the mall near us and it was nearly empty, the MRT was half full, and Rama 4 Rd. is flowing smoothly with no large back-ups and the freeway looks good as well.  2 hours from now will be the tell all as far as Bangkok traffic on my side of the city as that is normally when it is jammed.  Street vendors are few and far between as well.  Makes me wonder if everyone skedaddled this morning. 

Edited by ThailandRyan

7 minutes ago, ICELANDMAN said:

Thailand in 76 provinces so now Covid and in the 48 provinces it has spread everywhere but luckily Anutin had said that everything was under control two weeks ago, who knows why I did not feel reassured

Anutin has gone into his own self imposed lockdown.  He fears he may be infected, but if he has been tested we minions will never know that he did so.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Oldie said:

I don't know how this is organized. But these orders come from the governor of Chonburi. The mayor of Pattaya said that the New Years festivals will not be canceled and also the entertainment will not be closed. The Chonburi governor ended both. Obviously the Chonburi governor can decide what happens in Pattaya. 

He is the head mafia guy there, son of Kamnan PO, now deceased convicted killer that absconded from justice in the 2000s. 

His brothers are in Government positions. Their family run Chonburi and have for years. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Brer said:

Seems to me they don’t want to spoil the New Year and disrupt the billions of baht that will be spent.

Seems pretty obvious that there's going to be a lot of spread if people are allowed to go wherever they want over new years.   To ignore it and purposefully not lock things down during this period, suggests you are exactly right.

16 hours ago, Cake Monster said:

After the Minions have placed a whole lot of Money into the Hands of Singha Corp, KFC and the others over the Festive Holiday.

The Cash Registers need to be making over this period, its more important than the welfare of the Nation as a whole..

Ker - ching 

I agree. I will go for 2nd or 3rd January. They will all be too hungover to make a decision  on the 1st. ????