Pattaya back to square one: All quiet as resort enters the "Red Zone"

webfact

15 hours ago, Andy from Kent said:

If restrictions are followed, hopefully this will mitigate the spread of this disease.   Sadly there are still those who  refuse to take the Covid seriously.

I read more and more that even those who survive the disease suffer horrible lingering aftereffects.

Yes they are calling it 'Long Covid'

• Like 1

16 hours ago, pixelaoffy said:

'Some'  infected suffer after effects ! What's 'long term'. ? It's been a few months since those who had it and recovered which is 98% !

When I look at Boris Johnson he still doesn't look to be back the way he was. As for trump I'm not sure he ever had it.It may have been a mild case.There's a full hospital in the white house apparently,why go  elsewhere? For the photo ops?

As Petey 11 wrote."I see it as a lottery virus, some don't know they've had it, some just like a cold, flu, others it kills. I had a cough last week I was in Thailand in February, carried on for 2-3 weeks, cleared up. Felt exhausted through March and April. Never had a test in UK when I got back because they weren't really looking/testing for it unless you had a fever then. Will never know if I've had it or not."

Edited by findlay13
  • Like 1

Yeah, the reaction has been pretty weird, I guess eventually someone will sit back and realise the cure is worse than the disease. No doubt we will lose a few pensioners, and health services will be overwhelmed. Life ain't perfect, never was.

• Like 2

23 hours ago, webfact said:

They commented that Pattaya, just when it was beginning to show signs of recovery, had been thrown back to square one.

Pattayas always been famous for the "red zone" why all the fuss now?

23 hours ago, Andy from Kent said:

If restrictions are followed, hopefully this will mitigate the spread of this disease.   Sadly there are still those who  refuse to take the Covid seriously.

I read more and more that even those who survive the disease suffer horrible lingering aftereffects.

What about professional footballers who had the virus who have now recovered and are back playing? It is posts like this that are making things worse than what they really are.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, possum1931 said:

What about professional footballers who had the virus who have now recovered and are back playing? It is posts like this that are making things worse than what they really are.

It might have been more accurate to say small numbers have suffered lingering health issues after recovering from Covid. Obviously not including those who had mild symptoms or were asymptomatic. 

Seemed to take Boris a while to get back to his usual silly self.

Edited by jacko45k
  • Like 2

All back to normal after 24 hours ??

Yesterday early evening, Pattaya Facebook pages were alight with restaurant owners imploring people to eat at their restaurants which had been suddenly allowed to re-open amazingly quickly into an indefinite shutdown.

So today all can re-open as usual.??

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, possum1931 said:

How many of these numbers are old people, people with existing health problems, and people with questionable lifestyles causing

obesity etc.

Yes I accept that younger people with no existing health problems or questionable lifestyles will experience long term symptoms, but

I would think they are in a very small minority, and I honestly do feel for them.

Sure, a lot of the people with problems are older and with health problems.  But many are not.  Young, healthy, and sick.  And many who are older and with health problems have been infected due to the selfish actions of the young and healthy.  No easy answers here other than we are all in this together.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

On 1/1/2021 at 10:49 AM, Jeffr2 said:

Sure, a lot of the people with problems are older and with health problems.  But many are not.  Young, healthy, and sick.  And many who are older and with health problems have been infected due to the selfish actions of the young and healthy.  No easy answers here other than we are all in this together.

As you say, some are more in it than others.