Blast from the Past - 60's, 70's, 80's Music (2021)

CharlieH

?u=https%3A%2F%2Ffarahrecipes.com%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2F2019%2F09%2Fwegmans-thanksgiving-dinner-lovely-american-food-avenue-the-swiss-store-for-american-food-of-wegmans-thanksgiving-dinner.jpg&f=1&nofb=1

Happy Thanksgiving y'all.  Even though it's a long established U.S. tradition it wouldn't be a bad idea for the world over to give thanks when they're due.  Which is often.  Very often.

Johnny Cash  with Thanksgiving Prayer.  Aired on the CBS TV show Dr. Quinn, Medicine Woman on November 19, 1994.

Everyone has a different preference on Thanksgiving as to white meat or dark meat.  I've always preferred dark meat.  So here's my "Thank You!"

1016704622_ThaiGirl08a.jpg.e023178636bd34dfa37d5305dbcd33f3.jpg

Otis Redding with I Want to Thank You off of his '65 The Great Otis Redding Sings Soul Ballads LP.

I am a huge Rascals fan.   Their album "Once Upon a Dream" has long been out-of-print.   I finally caved and bought the aiff files from HDTracks.   It takes a couple of listens, and as long as you ignore the reviews that say it is the Rascals' Sgt. Pepper, it is a very, very well done example of the late 60's.

https://youtu.be/dmPQ2M5tOQw

BTW - how do I embed the youtube page within AN?   I have tried several different ways and still haven't hit upon it?   Many thanks.

Memphis Slim, T-Bone Walker, Willie Dixon, & Jump Jackson performing We're Gonna Rock live somewhere during the American Folk Blues Festival, which toured Europe from '62 thru '85 to introduce major U.S. blues musicians to Europe and the UK.  This is from the original '62 tour.

Interesting observation made by this YT'er.  From the description:

I noticed years ago that the track "Gloria" by Van Morrison's group, Them sounded similar to Aretha Franklin's "Save Me." King Curtis' "Instant Groove" is also essentially the same song, and even has the same reused back track (with Jimi Hendrix on rhythm guitar). Pete Rock sampled either "Save Me" or "Instant Groove" (or one of the couple other tracks that use the same riff) for the 1991 track, "The Creator" with CL Smooth.