Buriram to quarantine visitors from red-coded provinces

rooster59

2 minutes ago, MJCM said:

They will do the same as they did last time,  the Poo Yai Baan will know that someone  comes from another Provinces and he will send the village "Nurses" to check on them and they will tell them to Quarantine.

In our OLD village it worked very well, No "escapees" as the villagers were very wary of people coming from other provinces.

But if the same works now no idea!

OK, but what happens if they're staying at someone else's house ( which the majority do ), if the visitors are infected it's inevitable that it'll be passed on?

That's not really controlling the spread IMO, merely controlling where people are?

Virus spreads from people moving around, so restrictions in domestic travelling makes good sense, just like restrictions of international arrivals and quarantine. It's probably a better move than closing shopping malls earlier at 9 pm, so more folks need to shop during shorter opening hours.

3 hours ago, HashBrownHarry said:

How on earth are they going to manage / control this?

My maid was driving there with her husband on Saturday, returning this evening. I expect she will not be prevented from returning. I have told her not to return to me for 14 days, not that I can control whether she quarantines or not.

1 hour ago, samtam said:

My maid was driving there with her husband on Saturday, returning this evening. I expect she will not be prevented from returning. I have told her not to return to me for 14 days, not that I can control whether she quarantines or not.

And he is the problem right?

It's almost uncontrolable.

1 hour ago, HashBrownHarry said:

And he is the problem right?

It's almost uncontrolable.

I've no idea which of the two or their family (one young daughter) would/not be the problem. I simply want to protect myself and her/family in the easiest way possible, and that is to stop her from coming in to my apartment for 14 days at least, and I shall review that the day before, as to whether I extend it. She will not quarantine, because I imagine it is not something that she can feasibly do. I imagine my move is a precursor to a longer period, when I shall operate without a maid. I did it in March & April 2020, with another maid, whom I paid in full, but who then promptly left...

3 minutes ago, samtam said:

I've no idea which of the two or their family (one young daughter) would/not be the problem. I simply want to protect myself and her/family in the easiest way possible, and that is to stop her from coming in to my apartment for 14 days at least, and I shall review that the day before, as to whether I extend it. She will not quarantine, because I imagine it is not something that she can feasibly do. I imagine my move is a precursor to a longer period, when I shall operate without a maid. I did it in March & April 2020, with another maid, whom I paid in full, but who then promptly left...

yeah, not an easy solution and hard to trust her ( or anyone's ) word that they've actually adhered to isolation.

Unfortunately in my condo the hisos think that their aura covers their maids and drivers from covid infection, so whilst they bleat about protocols, (with which I totally agree...hands, face, space etc), they seem to overlook the fact that their employees are coming and going and usually to crowded places such as markets.

Yes, it is uncontrollable.

8 hours ago, rooster59 said:

Buriram to quarantine visitors from red-coded provinces

By THE NATION

800_dee538487aba803.jpg

People arriving in Buriram province from provinces at risk of Covid-19 will have to quarantine themselves.

The decision was made by the communicable disease committee of Buriram province on Friday.

The order takes effect from Saturday. The committee classified as high-risk, red-coded provinces with over 50 confirmed cases, such as Samut Sakhon, Rayong, Chonburi, Bangkok, Nakhon Pathom, Samut Prakan, Trat, Samut Songkhram, Nonthaburi, Pathum Thani and Chanthaburi.

As of Friday, Buriram was a green province, without any case.

nation.jpg

All provinces should follow the example of Buriram

What is it, 7694 cases, 64 deaths? In a YEAR.

WHAT is all this panic about? I MUST go to BKK next week to get a new passport, I will be back the same day after passing 45 minutes at the embassy. I probably stand more chance of dying in a traffic accident on the way back than of even catching Covid. Traffic fatalities daily, 45 - 70 daily depending on your source.

The only thing that worries me about Covid is the way these so called prevention measures affect my life and that of school children. 

A year ago WHO was advising NOT to use lockdowns in case of a pandemic and that masks don't help, recent studies have shown that mask wearing is largely useless to possibly harmful. 

Mind you, it is useful if you want to introduce postal voting on a massive scale in order to win an election.

CDC COVID.png

• Like 1