UK PM Johnson could lose his seat and majority at next election - poll

rooster59

18 minutes ago, transam said:

How is he ruining the UK....?

How many other countries have had to lockdown 3 times?

The government is supposed to keep our citizens safe - they clearly have failed in that mandate by not being strict enough in dealing with covid. That should be enough to boot out anyone.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 2530Ubon said:

The government is supposed to keep our citizens safe - they clearly have failed in that mandate by not being strict enough in dealing with covid. That should be enough to boot out anyone.

That is rather a silly statement, how can the government follow 66,000,000 people around to see if they are obeying the rules.

Folk like you blame the gov and say NOTHING about those flouting the rules....

• Like 1

1 hour ago, transam said:

That is rather a silly statement, how can the government follow 66,000,000 people around to see if they are obeying the rules.

Folk like you blame the gov and say NOTHING about those flouting the rules....

I agree with you partly. You've seen many of my previous comments where I have lambasted the British public for their complete lack of adherence to the rules.

But then again, the rules are so vast and varying that who can blame anyone for not taking them seriously? The first lockdown was quite successful;

image.png.7ea3cbb47f57fc47ea6324db7a6b502a.png

The second lockdown was a JOKE. Because Boris thought it was ok to relax the rules, thought it was OK to send people out of the country in holiday to COVID infected countries, thought it was OK for people to be coming into the country from COVID infected areas. I heard from a chap who flew back to the UK, and although there was a request to quarantine for 2 weeks upon arrival, there was nothing to stop him from ignoring that sign. No details to fill in. No tracking app applied. Nothing. The government has to take responsibility for not taking this seriously enough, and for allowing the 2nd wave to build up and up.

Why did he end the 2nd lockdown on the 9th of November when it was clear it wasn't working? Tiered system didn't work last time but he's brought it back again. Prayut is also falling into the tiered idiology and i guarantee that it''ll bite him back later. Bring in the army and all the police - get them patrolling streets and setting up roadblocks to test people driving around the country. Enforce easy, simple rules - masks 100% of the time - temp checks before you go in a store - no excuses. Take it seriously and the people will too.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, 2530Ubon said:

I agree with you partly. You've seen many of my previous comments where I have lambasted the British public for their complete lack of adherence to the rules.

But then again, the rules are so vast and varying that who can blame anyone for not taking them seriously? The first lockdown was quite successful;

image.png.7ea3cbb47f57fc47ea6324db7a6b502a.png

The second lockdown was a JOKE. Because Boris thought it was ok to relax the rules, thought it was OK to send people out of the country in holiday to COVID infected countries, thought it was OK for people to be coming into the country from COVID infected areas. I heard from a chap who flew back to the UK, and although there was a request to quarantine for 2 weeks upon arrival, there was nothing to stop him from ignoring that sign. No details to fill in. No tracking app applied. Nothing. The government has to take responsibility for not taking this seriously enough, and for allowing the 2nd wave to build up and up.

Why did he end the 2nd lockdown on the 9th of November when it was clear it wasn't working? Tiered system didn't work last time but he's brought it back again. Prayut is also falling into the tiered idiology and i guarantee that it''ll bite him back later. Bring in the army and all the police - get them patrolling streets and setting up roadblocks to test people driving around the country. Enforce easy, simple rules - masks 100% of the time - temp checks before you go in a store - no excuses. Take it seriously and the people will too.

Sorry, but it is the folk on the streets that are causing the problem. The virus is so contagious that the flouters are the problem. How many times on here have you read folk saying they are not going to wear a mask, people even electing to go on street marches to complain about being told what to do, these are the people causing the problem, the luvy lefties...........Lefty Piers Corbyn and his followers should be locked up...????...Bunch of spoilt <deleted>..

Edited by onthedarkside
off topic graphic removed
  • Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, transam said:

Sorry, but it is the folk on the streets that are causing the problem. The virus is so contagious that the flouters are the problem. How many times on here have you read folk saying they are not going to wear a mask, people even electing to go on street marches to complain about being told what to do, these are the people causing the problem, the luvy lefties...........Lefty Piers Corbyn and his followers should be locked up...????...Bunch of spoilt <deleted>..

Erm did you forget about Dominic Cummings already? His own Special Advisor Mr Dominic Cummings broke the rules and Boris stood by his man. Refused to say he had done anything wrong, despite travelling across the country - during lockdown-  whilst him and his family were infected with covid. If Boris isn't going to enforce the rules, and protect his chums when they break them, then no one is going to follow them.

Edited by 2530Ubon

2 hours ago, 2530Ubon said:

Whilst it can't be denied that the UK Government have made some errors in handling the pandemic, it is only fair to mention that so has every other government in the World, to varying degrees.

However, as transam has mentioned, it is impossible to control the entire population if certain members of the public refuse to obey advice and the law.

This kind of irresponsible behavior is happening worldwide. In Lieuron, Brittany, on New Years eve, 2,500 people attended an illegal warehouse rave in defiance of coronavirus precautions. The French police eventually  managed to close it after many clashes with ‘ravers’ who set a car on fire and attacked the police injuring several officers.

Not a single government in the World was expecting germ warfare to be foist upon them, and were consequently unprepared. So, if you want to denigrate a government, how about trying the Chinese Communist Party.

Cheers …… have a good day

• Thanks 2

26 minutes ago, 2530Ubon said:

Erm did you forget about Dominic Cummings already? His own Special Advisor Mr Dominic Cummings broke the rules and Boris stood by his man. Refused to say he had done anything wrong, despite travelling across the country - during lockdown-  whilst him and his family were infected with covid. If Boris isn't going to enforce the rules, and protect his chums when they break them, then no one is going to follow them.

I haven't forgotten anything, was he prosecuted..?

The Scottish bird has for her 100% putting folk at risk, she is one of the clowns who doesn't give a stuff, just like the thousands walking the streets of the UK... 

• Thanks 2

1 minute ago, transam said:

I haven't forgotten anything, was he prosecuted..?

The Scottish bird has for her 100% putting folk at risk, she is one of the clowns who doesn't give a stuff, just like the thousands walking the streets of the UK... 

No he wasn't - and Boris stood by him 100% saying he did nothing wrong and may have done the same in his situation. Shameless.

I don't have a clue about what's going in Scotland so I don't have a comment. Although as her last name is Sturgeon, you should probably refer to her as a fish.

28 minutes ago, transam said:

The police investigated the case, no charges.

The Scottish MP that travelled from London to Scotland, knowing she had the virus, is Margaret Ferrier MP...It has taken months for the Scottish police to act..

The police force admitted he may have broke the lockdown regs, but interestingly didn't make any 'findings' about the car trip from London to Durham: Quite why they didn't prosecute is beyond me. There is another case against him for perverting the course of justice - lying about the same trip. It's all in the same article I've quoted below.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2020/dec/04/durham-police-dominic-cummings-nazir-ifzal-dossier

That statement said Cummings may have breached lockdown rules by travelling to Barnard Castle on 12 April, but the force decided to take no further action and it made no finding on his decision to leave London for Durham.

So again, if Boris is gonna let his advisors run around the country during lockdown with COVID, and make a day trip to a castle on his wifes birthday -which was just to test his ability to drive with COVID apparently, then can you blame the average Joe for breaking the rules too?

I forgot about her, sorry, I thought you were talking about Nicola S!

1 hour ago, 2530Ubon said:

Erm did you forget about Dominic Cummings already? His own Special Advisor Mr Dominic Cummings broke the rules and Boris stood by his man. Refused to say he had done anything wrong, despite travelling across the country - during lockdown-  whilst him and his family were infected with covid. If Boris isn't going to enforce the rules, no one is going to follow them.

I think you will find he had  coronavirus symptoms , what you have posted is incorrect  that he and his family were infected with covid

https://www.bbc.com/news/52828076

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, vinny41 said:

I think you will find he had  coronavirus symptoms , what you have posted is incorrect  that he and his family were infected with covid

https://www.bbc.com/news/52828076

Pathetic. If it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck, then it's a duck. Interesting to note that he refused to get tested - why would he do this unless he was pretty sure he had COVID, and had broken the rules very, very seriously.

His chum Boris had COVID at the same time. So what do you think is more likely? That 2 people working closely together both caught COVID, or that Cummings is immune to his covid ravished work place and friends and simply caught a cold. It certainly worried him enough to drive across the country and see his parents one last time....

End of March and early April is not the season to be coming down with the common cold or flu now is it? 

He obviously had COVID. Here is the timeline:https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/may/22/dominic-cummings-coronavirus-and-lockdown-a-timeline

23 March

Tough lockdown rules are imposed in the UK banning all but essential travel. The police are given powers to impose fines on anyone flouting the rules.

27 March

Downing Street announces that Boris Johnson and the health secretary, Matt Hancock, have tested positive for coronavirus

Weekend of 28 and 29 March

Cummings develops symptoms “over the weekend”

28 March – 6 April

Writing about her husband’s condition, Wakefield said: “Dom couldn’t get out of bed. Day in, day out for 10 days he lay doggo with a high fever and spasms.”

5 April

A witness says they have seen Cummings at the grounds of his parents’ home near Durham with a young child, believed to be his son, at 5.45pm. At about 7.30pm Boris Johnson is admitted to St Thomas’ hospital after his condition worsens.

Edited by 2530Ubon

5 minutes ago, 2530Ubon said:

Pathetic. If it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck, then it's a duck. Interesting to note that he refused to get tested - why would he do this unless he was pretty sure he had COVID, and had broken the rules very, very seriously.

His bum chum Boris had COVID at the same time. So what do you think is more likely? That 2 people working closely together both caught COVID, or that Cummings is immune to his covid ravished work place and friends and simply caught a cold. It certainly worried him enough to drive across the country and see his parents one last time....

End of March and early April is not the season to be coming down with the common cold or flu now is it? 

Are you now saying Boris and Cummings are gay, or is it a jibe at authority you don't like.......?

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, transam said:

Are you now saying Boris and Cummings are gay, or is it a jibe at authority you don't like.......?

No - In many private and elite educational establishments such as those attended by Cummings and Boris, you used to have chums, fags and bum chums.

None of these terms refer to homosexuals - it's a hierarchy system. A bum chum is a friend you are servile to.

However, on reflection I can see that it could look like a derogatory jibe and a little bit homophobic. So I apologise, and have edted out the offending phrase. Thank you for spotting that. Apologies again, I certainly did not mean to offend.

Edited by 2530Ubon

14 minutes ago, 2530Ubon said:

His bum chum Boris had COVID at the same time. So what do you think is more likely? That 2 people working closely together both caught COVID, or that Cummings is immune to his covid ravished work place and friends and simply caught a cold. It certainly worried him enough to drive across the country and see his parents one last time....

April time is not the season to be coming down with the common cold or flu now is it? 

Would you care to produce a link where it states that Cummings refused to be tested, his son was tested while he was in hospital and the test result came back as negative 3 days after his son was discharged from hospital.

Maybe you not aware of Summer Flu 

Summer flu is now more deadly than Covid

https://www.spectator.co.uk/article/summer-flu-is-now-more-deadly-than-covid

1 minute ago, 2530Ubon said:

No - In many private and elite educational establishments such as those attended by Cummings and Boris, you used to have chums, fags and bum chums.

None of these terms refer to homosexuals - it's a hierarchy system. A bum chum is a friend you are servile to.

Really.....Well, I reckon most here don't know what you know about your bum chums...........????........????

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, vinny41 said:

Would you care to produce a link where it states that Cummings refused to be tested, his son was tested while he was in hospital and the test result came back as negative 3 days after his son was discharged from hospital.

Maybe you not aware of Summer Flu 

https://www.spectator.co.uk/article/summer-flu-is-now-more-deadly-than-covid

And remind me, what season is April in - SPRING time.

He obviously had COVID. Here is the timeline:https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/may/22/dominic-cummings-coronavirus-and-lockdown-a-timeline

23 March

Tough lockdown rules are imposed in the UK banning all but essential travel. The police are given powers to impose fines on anyone flouting the rules.

27 March

Downing Street announces that Boris Johnson and the health secretary, Matt Hancock, have tested positive for coronavirus

28 March – 6 April

Writing about her husband’s condition, Wakefield said: “Dom couldn’t get out of bed. Day in, day out for 10 days he lay doggo with a high fever and spasms.”

5 April

A witness says they have seen Cummings at the grounds of his parents’ home near Durham with a young child, believed to be his son, at 5.45pm. At about 7.30pm Boris Johnson is admitted to St Thomas’ hospital after his condition worsens.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, 2530Ubon said:

23 March

27 March

28 March – 6 April

5 April

Think you need to start your own thread......????

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, 2530Ubon said:

23 March

27 March

28 March – 6 April

5 April

So when you posted that Cummings had refused to be tested you were just making that up as its not mentioned in the Guardian or any other media outlet

As for summer flu if you read the article from the spector you would have seen that 1863 people died end of March 2020 due to

influenza and pneumonia’ – given that, as with flu, it is often pneumonia which actually delivers the final blow (although the ONS does state that 'deaths where both were mentioned have been counted only in the Covid-19 category').

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, vinny41 said:

So when you posted that Cummings had refused to be tested you were just making that up as its not mentioned in the Guardian or any other media outlet

As for summer flu if you read the article from the spector you would have seen that 1863 people died end of March 2020 due to

influenza and pneumonia’ – given that, as with flu, it is often pneumonia which actually delivers the final blow (although the ONS does state that 'deaths where both were mentioned have been counted only in the Covid-19 category').

Well, where is his test? Where is his wifes? Why only test his son? Why test his son at all if he thinks it's just a cold/flu? What is he hiding?

1+1=2

His work friends who were all working closely together all had covid on the same weekend.

He was so worried about it that he drove across the country to be with his mum and dad.

https://hereforyouhampshire.nhs.uk/ColdOrFlu.html

The majority of cold and flu symptoms will clear up in 4-5 days. However, complete recovery from a cold or flu can take between 10-14 days.

Cummings was spasming on the floor and feverish for 10 days - twice as long as the flu. Can you seriously tell me you think he had the flu or a cold? Can you seriously believe that Boris and Hancock had covid, but their closest advisor only had the flu?

Edited by 2530Ubon
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, 2530Ubon said:

Well, where is his test? Where is his wifes? Why only test his son? Why test his son at all if he thinks it's just a cold/flu? What is he hiding?

1+1=2

His work friends who were all working closely together all had covid on the same weekend.

He was so worried about it that he drove across the country to be with his mum and dad.

https://hereforyouhampshire.nhs.uk/ColdOrFlu.html

Cummings was spasming on the floor and feverish for 10 days - twice as long as the flu. Can you seriously tell me you think he had the flu or a cold? Can you seriously believe that Boris and Hancock had covid, but their closest advisor only had the flu?

So the part of your post where you stated that he had refused a covid test was just made up

What we don't know is from who did Boris and Hancock get covid from if it was from a  cabinet meeting you would expect the entire cabinet to have gone down with Covid

you don't even know how many times Boris met Cummings in the last 2 weeks in March

Cummings wife fell ill before Cummings , did she meet Boris and Hancock without her husband present

12 minutes ago, vinny41 said:

So the part of your post where you stated that he had refused a covid test was just made up

What we don't know is from who did Boris and Hancock get covid from if it was from a  cabinet meeting you would expect the entire cabinet to have gone down with Covid

you don't even know how many times Boris met Cummings in the last 2 weeks in March

Cummings wife fell ill before Cummings , did she meet Boris and Hancock without her husband present

Wow, the plot thickens. The butler? The cabinet secretary? A lead pipe in the library? I think we should be told!

• Haha 2

28 minutes ago, vinny41 said:

He was working in Number 10 and advising Boris directly - He ran away when it was announced Boris had COVID! 1+1=2

Dominic Cummings seen running from the door of number 10 Downing Street

https://news.sky.com/story/coronavirus-a-timeline-of-dominic-cummings-movements-11993086

27 March

Mr Johnson and Health Secretary Matt Hancock are confirmed to have tested positive for coronavirus.

Mr Cummings is seen running along Downing Street shortly after the prime minister posts a video saying he has contracted the virus.

Edited by 2530Ubon
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

11 minutes ago, 2530Ubon said:

He was working in Number 10 and advising Boris directly - He ran away when it was announced Boris had COVID! 1+1=2

Dominic Cummings seen running from the door of number 10 Downing Street

https://news.sky.com/story/coronavirus-a-timeline-of-dominic-cummings-movements-11993086

27 March

Mr Johnson and Health Secretary Matt Hancock are confirmed to have tested positive for coronavirus.

Mr Cummings is seen running along Downing Street shortly after the prime minister posts a video saying he has contracted the virus.

From the same sky link

Explaining his actions at Monday's news conference, Mr Cummings said: "I suddenly got a call from my wife who was looking after our four-year-old child. She told me she suddenly felt badly ill."

He said that after he went home, his wife felt better and he had returned to work.

There is a member on this forum that has posted a question asking if there is anyway that his wife (based in the UK) can fly back to Thailand to see her father in ICU can bypass 2 weeks quarantine 

4 hours ago, transam said:

The Scottish MP that travelled from London to Scotland, knowing she had the virus, is Margaret Ferrier MP...It has taken months for the Scottish police to act..

Correction, she traveled from Scotland to London and back again.

After refusing to step down, she had the whip withdrawn by the SNP and now sits as in independent until the May elections when she will be kicked well into touch.

Police Scotland worked swiftly and charged her once the wishy-washy, fence-sitting and politically compromised Metropolitan Police handed over the dossier.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, vinny41 said:

Who says?

Ross Clark wrote an opinion piece for The Spectator last summer. That's what he does for a living. AFAIK, he has no medical training.

"Ross Clark is a leader writer and columnist who, besides three decades with The Spectator, has written for the Daily Telegraph, Daily Mail and several other newspapers. His satirical climate change novel, the Denial, is published by Lume Books."

https://www.spectator.co.uk/writer/ross-clark

17 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

Correction, she traveled from Scotland to London and back again.

After refusing to step down, she had the whip withdrawn by the SNP and now sits as in independent until the May elections when she will be kicked well into touch.

Police Scotland worked swiftly and charged her once the wishy-washy, fence-sitting and politically compromised Metropolitan Police handed over the dossier.

Without looking up the story again, I think you are right. I believe she was okay to travel to London, but then received a positive test result while she was still in London, and should not have traveled back …. by train, I believe.

You are certainly on the money regarding the politically compromised Metropolitan Police; but that's what you get when the elected commissioner is a diminutive lesbian who is more interested in political correctness and identity politics, than crime.

14 minutes ago, Eloquent pilgrim said:

Without looking up the story again, I think you are right. I believe she was okay to travel to London, but then received a positive test result while she was still in London, and should not have traveled back …. by train, I believe.

You are certainly on the money regarding the politically compromised Metropolitan Police; but that's what you get when the elected commissioner is a diminutive lesbian who is more interested in political correctness and identity politics, than crime.

Almost correct. She traveled from Glasgow to London before getting the result of a test that she had taken because she had symptoms. Once she got the positive result while in London, she rode the train back north. She fed a line to the SNP whip saying she had to go back home because she falsely claimed that a family member was sick (aka the Cummings Prerogative).

I'll have you know that some of my best friends are short lesbians.

5 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

6 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

I'll have you know that some of my best friends are short lesbians.

Don't give me your hard luck stories ????

The problem with the vertically challenged lesbian in this particular instance is that she is also a Dick ????✌️

• Haha 1