Thailand sets more restrictions amid COVID-19 second wave

Jonathan Fairfield

4 minutes ago, tony2times said:

But Why have none of them been prosecuted for causing this Calamity??? By "them" I mean the Corrupt Officials AND Business Owners who were facilitating the Illegal Crossings from Myanmar! ???? 

Because they're Thai and Thai's don't break the law.......     Only dirty farangs.....  Oh, and now the Burmese are top of the pops again.......  

Obtained? The virus was not communicated, but obtained? ..... as though the family sought out an opportunity to aquire the virus? 

Local health departments are required to report some 80 communicable diseases to the States Department of Public Health as part of the disease surveillance and investigation efforts.  The diseases below are among them.

Wondering if we have been keeping track of any of these in private/public clinics in Thailand? 

5 hours ago, maddermax said:

So when are we going to get a vaccine in Thailand? Somebody is dragging his heels here!

There are always those that think the Thai economy can support the same resources as the major economies.

If you want the vaccine you know where they are, otherwise wait like everyone else.

10 minutes ago, Shiver said:

Deaths by Covid (in total): 66

Deaths by RTA (daily): 56

Anybody see anything wrong with that picture?

Nothing wrong with facts, only the interpretation.

Like apples and oranges, one is a medical issue and the other cultural, you can treat the former but the latter is a different ballgame altogether.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, KC 71 said:

"Stand Up   ~  Sit Down"

No, no........ you're quite wrong.

It's "Hurry up and wait"....... ah no, I'm wrong too.....

It's "Do nothing immediately????

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 1/3/2021 at 3:22 PM, Clarkey611 said:

What is the nationality of the family of 4 that arrived in Thailand from the UK? Could it be Thai? 

As Thai nationals are the only people allowed to travel without a Covid swap test I would say that's highly likely to be the case and pretty much guarantee the only airline allowing that is Thai airways. Would be really helpful if we were told if they have actually tracked everyone else on the plane including flight crew, to find out how many others have now been infected with this highly contagious strain first discovered in the UK!!

• Confused 1

6 hours ago, bstafford214 said:

What about all the people that were on the plane?  Does this mean people coming in from other countries are not tested before they fly, especially for UK?

They need to issue restrictions for flying!  What is wrong with this government?

There seems to be no real control and everything is becoming worse.

Correct me if I am wrong, but is it not now normal procedure for anyone travelling to Thailand to obtain a positive covid test no more than 72 hours before flying? irrespective of whichever country you are flying from.

Surely this is the reason for quarantine, anyone that has arrived in Thailand would have a negative test result prior to flying, but may then present a positive result whilst in quarantine.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, ChrisKC said:

I agree with you Barry, but I would like to add that after an entire year, there appears not to be a single country that can claim success in controlling this virus over a sustained period and there's no telling how much worse or better the situation may develop into.

There are thousands of real qualified experts worldwide that have spent much time seeking a one-time solution that could be reliably followed by everyone else. As yet, they haven't found one. The vaccines now available, appear to suggest that an end could be in sight, but who knows how long that tunnel is?

it is my opinion too, that 2022 is a more likely time scale before the basic scenario has some level of resolution but I wouldn't be surprised if the repercussions, however they may play out, will be around until 2110

I have just realised that I don't mean 2110 (I added 10 years to 2100 instead of 2020). Should read 2030

12 hours ago, joe jadore said:

stop dithering and buy the vaccines NOW, 3/5 $ each in bulk or less. Sell to farrangs for 17$ or whatever, if you must. But give it to the Thai people for FREE!

Return Thailand to covid free like it was before the Myanmar border jumpers stuffed us all up!

Vaccines for all means tourists can return and boost the economy, it's NOT rocket science!

So now we have to show some verification of "an opinion" or it gets deleted??? My opinion on hydroxychloroquine has been echo'd around the world in the media, but thats apparently not good enough for someone?

Fake News cabal worldwide said TRUMP was crazy/mad = no vaccine was possible by Christmas 2020. IT WILL TAKE 5 YEARS! They said! A lot like the UK guy on here who said covid & the lockdowns are going to be with us for years to come.  Hmm there's about 6 vaccines either just started or on the way. Thailand was virtually covid free for about 6 months, 59 deaths out of 69 million ppl. Now we have a problem again, its fixable again!!!

Whinging and predicting armageddon isn't the answer...........

• Like 1

My prediction is that Thailand already has the Brit strain of the more contagious

virus, so get ready Thailand, more people will be getting sick soon.   When you get

the vaccine, and get the second dose, it will maybe give you a better chance if

you actually come in contact with the real virus.  Since the duration of the protection

from Covid is not really known yet.  You will have to still enjoy your mask and

social distancing, as well as be cautious if you are in a public place.  There have been

videos of how far the spray from someone coughing or sneezing  spread in a room.

It is actually scary to watch, and I will be avoiding restaurants for quite a while.    This is

easy as Alberta Canada has lock downs and no restaurants are open for dining in.

2021 will be they year where people hopefully will get vaccinated, and maybe at the end of the

year, some brave people will take the long flights from their countries to some tropical

countries   .  Good Luck to all, and I hope 2021 or at least 2022 will be a year of recovery

and getting under control with Covid 19.

Geezer

10 hours ago, joe jadore said:

So now we have to show some verification of "an opinion" or it gets deleted??? My opinion on hydroxychloroquine has been echo'd around the world in the media, but thats apparently not good enough for someone?

Fake News cabal worldwide said TRUMP was crazy/mad = no vaccine was possible by Christmas 2020. IT WILL TAKE 5 YEARS! They said! A lot like the UK guy on here who said covid & the lockdowns are going to be with us for years to come.  Hmm there's about 6 vaccines either just started or on the way. Thailand was virtually covid free for about 6 months, 59 deaths out of 69 million ppl. Now we have a problem again, its fixable again!!!

Whinging and predicting armageddon isn't the answer...........

If There was a ban on fear~ mongers , the same as those with varying opinions, i wonder how many people would be left in the loop.I think you have a valid point.I have heard that this whole shxt show will continue into 2025 .The World economic Forum seem to be key to all this.Unless of course, their publishings are complete nonsense.That is may take on it anyway,People are free to disagree with me by the way.

On 1/3/2021 at 4:47 PM, FritsSikkink said:

"The virus was obtained from a British family of four from Kent, England."

Unlucky, you can't blame the Thai for this 

Could still be native Thais. Happens a lot with the French in the Thai media: when referred to as French, folks turn out be of non-French origin.

On 1/4/2021 at 7:46 AM, radjag said:

So, what difference does that make? COVID is not particularly racist! New strains of this nasty virus are popping up all the time, all over the place, according to reports I've read. I am British by birth, but recently travelled from "dirty" USA and did my 14 days - fortunately tested negative every time and am now at home. Even with this sudden spike in cases in Thailand, I certainly feel safer here than I was in USA. Minimise travel, hunker down and wait for the arrival of vaccines.

It matters to the Thai govt and others in sustaining their narrative of squeaky clean Thais and dirty foreigners. Happens on a lot of societal levels

On 1/4/2021 at 8:53 AM, smudger1951 said:

Richard, we can all see how this being "played". As Churchill said , Why waste an opportunity when a crisis comes along.

I am not hopeful that I will be able to return this year and age is not on my side now.

In fairness, the holidays are/were a tool to stimulate and partially support the local hospitality industry, and, more importantly, were suggested and implemented when the virus spread was very limited and controlled for a long continuous period. I guess there might be second thoughts, obviously, re this issue now, if the lockdown measures remain in place.

On 1/3/2021 at 3:20 PM, Justgrazing said:

facilitated by bent and corrupt Thai border authorities .. that should also be included everytime they wanna play the blame game .. 

Last week a Thai spokesperson made the point that the illegal border crossings were also made by Thai citizens returning from Myanmar. But that seems to have been quickly ignored. 

• Like 1

Okay

Do the simplest solution...

Ban all Migrant Workers for 6 - 9 months. Fine "Anyone" found using at this time an "Illegal" 10,000 - 20,000 Baht for 1st Offense. 2nd time triple Fine (30,000 - 60,000 Baht) and add 90 days Jail Time. 3rd Offense Triple again (90,000 - 180,000 Baht) and 270 days Jail Time.

If Thailand wants to eliminate  or stop Covid 19, they need to get "Serious"! This would be for each Individual!! No Excuses, just do it!

Make Farmers and Land Owners use Thai Labor, set a Minimum Wage for Thai at 500 Baht per day! Those refusing to follow New Covid 19 Rules same Fine Schedule would apply! Let Farmers raise the prices accordingly to help offset this New Law.

To be Safe, People would not only Stay at Home, but would also Gladly pay to be Safe! Words from Ministers are fine, but they need to insure they are followed. Those who cannot or won't insure Rules are applied need to be replaced.

I want my Family to be protected, this does not mean to go Home, They are Home! Courts need to follow Infection, those who are (Citizens) found to now contact Covid 19 now, Ministers need to be Liable for Damages... Or Just Replaced. The Good Times are over! Majority of the Thai Nationals will gladly step-up to Protect Families... Those that won't... I would not Consider  to be in the Best Interests of Thailand! Period!

Disagree with me if you want, but offer a Better Solution. Bash Me... You are no better then the the Virus, because you will be seen as Promoting it's Spread here...!

On 1/4/2021 at 12:21 PM, Mavideol said:

not until they agree on the way envelopes will be split 555

It doesn't matter what you pay for the vaccine to be injected into the your system.  If your body immune  system isn't up to scratch if may not react. So check out your immune system.