My Pancakes

I just whipped up this recipe from scratch a few hours ago:

6 bananas (guay nam wah, the short starchy ones), mashed

1 hand-squeezed ripe mango (squeeze out the liquid; don't add the skin)

3 cups all-purpose flour

1/2 tablespoon of salt

8 heaping tablespoons of brown sugar (the partially-refined type with mineral content: hard to find sometimes)

3 large eggs

2 small cartons of "fresh milk"

6 tablespoons of sunflower oil (naman tantawan)

1 tablespoon of baking powder

Anyhow, separate the wet stuff from the dry stuff, mix separately, combine and mix again. Apply the resulting batter to a lightly greased pan.

I though it turned out pretty well and the kids loved it also. Next time I'll add some raisins. Strawberry topping would also go well.

These pancakes could easily be adapted to whatever fruit happens to be in season. Hey!!!! Durian pancakes.... I might try that tomorrow.

I tried to make pancakes for my stepdaughter and nieces once...used the store bought mix with marge and 'maple' syrup on top...nice texture and taste; by falang standards a nice lookin' stack...

not even the threat of a horrible death (tutsi knashes teeth and gesticulates menacingly) could persuade them to even try them... :o

Edited by tutsiwarrior

I tried to make pancakes for my stepdaughter and nieces once...used the store bought mix with marge and 'maple' syrup on top...

not even the threat of a horrible death (tutsi knashes teeth and gesticulates menacingly) could persuade them to even try them... :o

The store bought (box) stuff is OK. I don't know why the kids would have reacted that way. Tutsi, did you employ a shrunken head as garnish, or..?

Congrats Kuhn Chevy -- an original recipe!...some of the great dishes were the results of experimenting and serendipity...

Sometimes when I read on this forum 'Anybody got a recipe for..." I think of Columbus saying "I want to sail where no one has ever been before... Anybody got a map??"