Is any mail arriving from the UK?

I've had stuff sent by DHL from the UK that arrived in Suvanbhumi on the 1st December.

All requested import clearance paperwork supplied

Still hasn't cleared Thai Customs after over a month of delays. 

There is definitely a big 'log jam' in Swampy Customs right now...

3 hours ago, thaiscot said:

My mum sent xmas presents to my daughter in a package sent 10th of dec still waiting for it to arrive, she had tracking but said it left uk on the 11th of dec & nothing after that

I sent a small packet a couple of months ago from the UK using Royal Mail. After about 10 days nothing had arrived and the tracking said it had been through the Heathrow centre and was 'awaiting despatch'. Armed with the tracking number, my friend went down the local post office and picked up the packet immediately.  So, perhaps ask at your local office if they can find a packet with the tracking number.

Only a guess but maybe some offices don't fancy delivering as they don't want to touch the filthy, covid laden packet from Farangia....

My daughter sent me a new phone on November 27th. It was showing on Royal Mail tracking as being in Heathrow. It stuck there until December 22nd. . Then it arrived in Bangkok and two days later, on Christmas Eve it was in my hand. The Thai tracking and delivery service was brilliant. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Regyai said:

:unsure:

But there is no EMS service from the UK

of course there is ,just google it ,i have just said that a parcel sent ems  has just arrived in Thailand after a month ,usually takes a few days to arrive ,been getting ems for donkeys years.

7 hours ago, dabhand said:

Been receiving UK mail recently without much delay.

Your lucky, a bill that was sent to me in Thailand from inside Thailand on the 18th November has still not arrived. It's not the first time I've had 3 monthly bills from the same Thai Source arrive on the same day.

1 hour ago, Regyai said:

:unsure:

But there is no EMS service from the UK

Never heard of one either, Recorded Delivery, yes, or Registered Post, yes, but EMS no.

Maybe I've been here too long and the UK is adopting Thai standards.

To my thoughts quoting EMS in UK would mean Emergency Medical Service.  

Had a christmas package sent to me late November every year for the last 12 years by my mother. This year not arrived as of yet.

Had a friend send a small package. Sent him my address and told him to send it by airmail and registered. Still not arrived

On 1/7/2021 at 10:46 AM, mrfill said:

I sent a small packet a couple of months ago from the UK using Royal Mail. After about 10 days nothing had arrived and the tracking said it had been through the Heathrow centre and was 'awaiting despatch'. Armed with the tracking number, my friend went down the local post office and picked up the packet immediately.  So, perhaps ask at your local office if they can find a packet with the tracking number.

Only a guess but maybe some offices don't fancy delivering as they don't want to touch the filthy, covid laden packet from Farangia....

All Arrived about 3 days ago now

On 1/7/2021 at 5:46 PM, mrfill said:

Not before the guy with the gun has killed the germs :biggrin:

Picture from Laksi mail center where all foreign mail goes through.

158167126922.jpg?1581671271199