Lunacy or great leap forward? Thailand’s first moon mission ignites fierce debate

snoop1130

12 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

So in just 6 days? or did they mess up and forget to put the year of 2028 after the January 13th.  Whatever, it is pure lunacy when the country has been progressing backwards and the people are suffering more and more everyday.  Of course that is just my view.  I am sure someone will be along shortly to correct me and tell me I am once again bashing the Thai's.  Just speaking truthfully.  Take care of the country first then move forward Forget the Submarines, the space shuttle and definitely forget about resurrecting tourism for the next year or two.

I think you are confused. They are not planning to launch the rocket in 6 days.

Spending billions on space travel, submarines etc. Well at least they have almost free health care for their citizens

Unlike the country that spends the most on military and space exploration and has thousands of war veterans living on the street in poverty often with mental and physical injuries from serving.

Issan has had its own NASA for decades now.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Natai Beach said:

I think you are confused. They are not planning to launch the rocket in 6 days.

Spending billions on space travel, submarines etc. Well at least they have almost free health care for their citizens

Unlike the country that spends the most on military and space exploration and has thousands of war veterans living on the street in poverty often with mental and physical injuries from serving.

Issan has had its own NASA for decades now.

They might make 600 meters. 

1 hour ago, Destiny1990 said:

How exactly will Thai people benefit from this moon trip ? 

Well, I'll tell you. When you start a project as big as this, the cost is astronomical. When you have astronomical costs, you also have astronomical kickbacks. A few Thais will benefit greatly.

Wait a mo...it wasn't so long ago the the PM said that Thailand should concentrate LESS on academia. Apart from all the domestic issues and arguments thereof where are the Thai intelligentsia going to come in just 7 years...loaned from China maybe? 

1 hour ago, teacherclaire said:

Thais 20 baht

Foreigners 400 baht

That's right. If you read the Thai script it says Thai's 20 baht, Thai "dek" 10 baht. But they write it in Thai so the Farangs are unaware that they are being gouged.