Suvarnabhumi Airport to Pattaya

Adelphi

My partner is due to fly back to Suvarnabhumi Monday and has a taxi booked to bring then onto Pattaya.  Does anyone have recent experience of this journey or of just entering Pattaya.  I am interested in what checks problems may be encountered.  I am seeing mixed and confusing reports in the media.  First had reports would be very helpful,  Thank you.

46 minutes ago, Adelphi said:

My partner is due to fly back to Suvarnabhumi Monday and has a taxi booked to bring then onto Pattaya.  Does anyone have recent experience of this journey or of just entering Pattaya.  I am interested in what checks problems may be encountered.  I am seeing mixed and confusing reports in the media.  First had reports would be very helpful,  Thank you.

Best to call the taxi and confirm it's OK. I tried to schedule a taxi for wife and daughter from Don Muang to Rayong and they (taxi) were hesitant about it. 

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Adelphi said:

"mixed and confusing" is the way here...confusion reigns from hour to hour spokesman to spokesperson....my opinion is that there will not be any problem and if the taxi company says differently call another they will be happy to oblige....as of this am no restrictions/road checks from entering Pattaya from Swampy...:thumbsup:

• Thanks 2

There was this thing posted in Daily News yesterday, instructing provinces to set up roadblocks on their borders and check those passing through for temperature and reason for the trip and destination, and if the province is in red, also check for needed documentation and whether they have the app installed. All travelers are to be documented. When this actually comes in place isn't written, but I guess it will depend on each province.

https://www.dailynews.co.th/politics/817524

So if there wasn't any checkpoint yesterday, it doesn't mean there won't be one today or tomorrow.

Yesterday riding my push bike from Buddha Mountain to Jomtien I saw two places near the Ambassador that looked like the beginnings of check points on Sukhumvit both sides. Can't swear they are, but just keep your eyes open south of the Ambassador.

15 hours ago, Greenhill said:

Presumably, they are flying on a domestic flight and quarantine is not an issue?

Why? Is Swampoy closed to international air traffic? My partner is returning late next week on a Thai repatriation flight....

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, Pedrogaz said:

Why? Is Swampoy closed to international air traffic? My partner is returning late next week on a Thai repatriation flight....

No issue, the  question was being asked, I assume, due to the OP asking about "booking a taxi" which if flying in internationally wouldn't be an issue as you're picked up and taken to quarantine.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Pedrogaz said:

All incoming international passengers are subject to the quarantine restrictions and are taken directly from the airport to their quarantine accommodation.      Therefore, booking a taxi from the airport would be useless, even though the taxi company may take the booking.