Trump faces calls for removal, possible impeachment after Capitol chaos

webfact

37 minutes ago, J Town said:

He never conceded. He still remains deluded, saying it's a rigged system.

That's not what I saw him say on French 24 news. 

Not that I give a dam any US govt is I'd dangerous to world peace never mind USA. 

Edited by Kwasaki
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Jeffr2 said:

Great article to try and understand Trump's supporters.  It's complex, but mainly blamed on media outlets.  Sadly!!

https://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics/22217822/us-capitol-attack-trump-right-wing-media-misinformation

you are correct,  all in the name of huge profits & billion dollars deals, Fox, News Max, Twitter, FB and affiliates all should be banned from accepting his comments/rants inciting to violence, some type of guidance/censorship laws should be imposed on these extremist news outlets, unfortunately that will never happen because the US citizens will be crying foul about their freedom/free speech has been taken away, thus we should expect more of the same in a very near future because the $$$$ involved with the news outlets it's all worth it

• Like 1

Florida man, because of course he is.

bn9_adam_johnson19jpg.jpg

Adam Christian Johnson, 36, of Parrish has been identified as the man carrying a U.S. House lectern during a pro-Trump riot at the U.S. Capitol. (Images: Facebook/Pinellas County Jail)

Edited by shdmn
  • Like 2

20 hours ago, joecoolfrog said:

At the very least its symbolic , in the record books he goes down as an even bigger loser.

360,000 dead Americans x by family members who survived to date will never forget this monster and his family. I hope to heck he is banned from public office. that would bury his reputation permanently.

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, Jeffr2 said:

Both should go to jail.  I saw a speech by Don Jr. telling people to get ready to fight.  They did.

Podium guy is from Florida and has been arrested

Stay at home dad of 5, his Doctor wife has also been fired.

• Sad 2

Mitch is as full of fertilizer as ever.  He's doing his last trick -- he won't start until the day before inauguration, which ensures if it goes through it will be after the 20th.  One possible judgement could be DT he is not allowed to hold office again.  If DT goes into exile it might have an effect in the Congressional vote, his scared-shirtless lackies might stand up for themselves, the big bad wolf is gone.

Edited by bendejo
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Jeffr2 said:

Breaking news.  Pence is not ruling out the 25th Amendment.  Keeping this in play in case Trump's mental state gets worse.

Or to prevent impeachment, and thereby keeping a Trump run in 2024 open?

• Like 2

4 hours ago, paddypower said:

I would disarm Trump of his powers, by Impeachment by Congress and attempt to convict by  super-majority in the Senate. If the latter fails, a simple majority will ensure he is banned from public office. 

As far as I know banning the President from holding office in the future could only be imposed as a sentence after conviction by the same two-thirds of senators present required to impose a sentence of removal from office.  

4 minutes ago, cmarshall said:

As far as I know banning the President from holding office in the future could only be imposed as a sentence after conviction by the same two-thirds of senators present required to impose a sentence of removal from office.  

And even so, then you'll get..1st in line of succession  Don Jr and his girlfriend .. "the best is to come"

Edited by Opl
  • Haha 1

Here is a way that a Senate trial could convict Trump.  The two-thirds requirement of senators for a conviction is two-thirds of the senators present, not two-thirds of the entire Senate body of 100 senators.  So, the Dems in the Senate could convict Trump if roughly thirty or more Republican senators declined to attend the trial.  I wouldn't say it's very likely, but some may decide that sitting it out allows them to dispose of Trump while ducking at least some of the blame in the eyes of Republican voters.

33 minutes ago, crobe said:

The article of impeachment from the House Democrats states incitement to insurrection, which will be easily passed in the house but may be more problematic to gain support in the Senate, however, additional evidence of Trump delaying the deployment of the National Guard by 90 minutes while the riot was ensuing, may become more pivotal.

While I think the delay in calling in the D.C. National Guard or authorizing the entry of the Maryland National Guard into the city is indeed evidence of a conspiracy to commit insurrection, I haven't seen any evidence tying either decision directly to Trump nor do I expect to see any.  Trump, like any crime boss, takes pains to isolate himself from incriminating evidence.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, cmarshall said:

While I think the delay in calling in the D.C. National Guard or authorizing the entry of the Maryland National Guard into the city is indeed evidence of a conspiracy to commit insurrection, I haven't seen any evidence tying either decision directly to Trump nor do I expect to see any.  Trump, like any crime boss, takes pains to isolate himself from incriminating evidence.

There is testimony on some of the news channels that the pentagon officials, after the requests from the local police forces and mayor, could not authorize the deployment for 90 minutes as they were waiting for higher authority from the President. In the end the authorization came from the Vice-president (Pence).

If it turns out that Trump did indeed delay the deployment then it is damning

• Like 1