20 provinces still free of infections in new Covid wave

snoop1130

20 provinces still free of infections in new Covid wave

By THE NATION

800_22b875da17bbe2e.jpg

The Centre for Covid-19 Situation Administration (CCSA) said on Friday that 20 provinces were still free of Covid-19 patients in the new wave of infections.

The 20 provinces are Si Sa Ket, Yasothon, Nong Bua Lamphu, Bueng Kan, Roi Et, Kalasin, Sakon Nakhon, Nakhon Phanom, Mukdahan, Phrae, Phayao, Chiang Rai, Mae Hong Son, Uthai Thani, Phitsanulok, Phang Nga, Chumphon, Phatthalung, Pattani and Yala.

CCSA also said that no new confirmed cases had been reported over the past seven days in 16 provinces, namely Saraburi, Nakhon Nayok, Sa Kaew, Ubon Ratchathani, Chaiyaphum, Nong Khai, Mahasarakham, Nakhon Sawan, Sukhothai, Nakhon Si Thammarat, Ranong, Songkhla, Satun, Trang, Narathiwat and Uttaradit.

Meanwhile, there have been no new patients for the past two weeks in Phetchabun, Kamphaeng Phet, Phuket and Udon Thani.

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30400932

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2021-01-08

21 minutes ago, Natai Beach said:

Udon Thani has had 10 cases.

Yes but 9 of them were in January and February last year. We had one guy in our village, one of the very first outside China, a policeman that had attended the boxing arena in BKK. After that there were a few from a cockfight, in the neighbor district Ban Phue. AThere were a couple of cases in the City as well.

The last guy is from the shrimp market in Samut Sakhon two, three weeks ago.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, dcnx said:
43 minutes ago, impulse said:

It would be a little more credible if they posted up the number of people they actually tested in each province.

Probably 0. They are waiting for people to turn up sick at the hospital to test them there.

That’s how they have operated the entire time.

That's possible.  Or, they may have it under control.  

How hard would it be for a reporter to look up how many they tested, how many positives, how many in hospital and how many died?  Tabulate that (by province) on a daily basis and you have a pretty good picture of where Thailand has been, where it is, and where it may be going.

Otherwise, there's no context for the public to understand what's happening.

Edited by impulse

5 minutes ago, HOAX said:

Yes but 9 of them were in January and February last year. We had one guy in our village, one of the very first outside China, a policeman that had attended the boxing arena in BKK. After that there were a few from a cockfight, in the neighbor district Ban Phue. AThere were a couple of cases in the City as well.

The last guy is from the shrimp market in Samut Sakhon two, three weeks ago.

That is good news, hopefully that single case hasn’t spread it to anyone else. 

11 minutes ago, Natai Beach said:

That is good news, hopefully that single case hasn’t spread it to anyone else. 

Hopefully not. Doesn't look like it but it might just as well be as no ones being tested.

9 minutes ago, Tarteso said:

Free Covid? ????How many tested in refugies camps, borders? ... come on! Who writes this news? 

10 minutes ago, Tarteso said:

Free Covid? ????How many tested in refugies camps, borders? ... come on! Who writes this news? 

Suggest you have a good look at the map that was posted, you might note that nearly provinces bordering other countries are reporting no covid 19.

Do you find that a little contrary to your comment? 

10 minutes ago, HOAX said:

Hopefully not. Doesn't look like it but it might just as well be as no ones being tested.

Free tests for all Thais now. 
We have no cases in Phangnga, but they have been out testing a lot, not just the ones who ask to be tested but the are rounding up a lot in the fishing industry and testing them all. 

https://mgronline.com/south/detail/9630000129877

0C2101C3-41D3-4205-8A0A-5951D67E8FB9.jpeg

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, Artisi said:

Suggest you have a good look at the map that was posted, you might note that nearly provinces bordering other countries are reporting no covid 19.

Do you find that a little contrary to your comment? 

Do you know how many Illegals living in Mae hon Son?. Remember; No tested, No covid.

BTW; just come back from MHS with NGO workers.

Edited by Tarteso
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Natai Beach said:

Free tests for all Thais now. 
We have no cases in Phangnga, but they have been out testing a lot, not just the ones who ask to be tested but the are rounding up a lot in the fishing industry and testing them all. 

https://mgronline.com/south/detail/9630000129877

0C2101C3-41D3-4205-8A0A-5951D67E8FB9.jpeg

Thats great. Haven't seen any of that here in Udon. I might of course be wrong so don't take my word for it. However, my wife has several nurse friends and none of them have ever seen any covid testing last I talked with them. Im with one of her nurse friends now actually and she has not heard of anything. Im assuming its nurses doing the testing or?

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Tarteso said:

Do you know how many Illegals living in Mae hon Son?. Remember; No tested, No covid.

BTW; just come back from MHS with NGO workers.

So what's your estimate of the number of cases of all these untested Illegals, plus - trust you have been tested for covid, and if not why not. 

Edited by Artisi

8 hours ago, Artisi said:

So what's your estimate of the number of cases of all these untested Illegals, plus - trust you have been tested for covid, and if not why not. 

How many untested illegals or legals? How many asymthomatics? Living hidden at the mountains, scattered in farms of Chiang Rai and Chiang Mai or Bangkok?. There are ongoing investigations, so I will not be the one to clarify the amount of "darks skinned" that cross illegally with or without Covid, but looking at the high demand for low cost workers, has made Mae Hong Son a pure and uncontrollable strainer.

About refugees,  with serious protection needs including test and medical care, 17.000 individuals have been resettled from Ban Mai Nai Soi Temporary Shelter.

About me; I already have done 2 quarantines in different provinces.((Chanthaburi and Chiang Mai) Done PCR test in Bangkok Hospital, giving negative result, waiting for the vaccine and, as I suppose....just like you.

Edited by Tarteso
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, nightfox said:

I live in Kalasin and my kids schools are closed as of last week as a precaution due to no positive cases reported in the province. 

Closing schools as a preventive measure with NO reported cases in the entire province?

Wow, it seems there is no limit to the covid fear hysteria. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Peter Denis said:

Closing schools as a preventive measure with NO reported cases in the entire province?

Wow, it seems there is no limit to the covid fear hysteria. 

Hysteria?  The US and Europe are getting blasted.  Thailand's trying to make sure they don't.  It's no fun, but bashing their attempts don't help.  Calling it hysteria is terrible.

• Sad 1

12 hours ago, HOAX said:

That's good news (Udon Thani). Hopefully it'll stay like that.

Here at our Tambon in Udon Thani the OrBorTor has given strict instruction that any visitor/returnee from the South MUST self isolate for 14 days or go back, including children. TW, as the volunteer health care coordinator, has been charged with monitoring them.

If that's hysteria so be it!

Edited by bdenner
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, bdenner said:

Here at our Tambon in Udon Thani the OrBorTor has given strict instruction that any visitor/returnee from the South MUST self isolate for 14 days or go back, including children. TW, as the volunteer health care coordinator, has been charged with monitoring them.

If that's hysteria so be it!

Same in my wife's village.  And they monitor you so you don't leave your house!  Good job by the OrBorTor and the volunteers.

The accompanying map is a tad misleading in that it has Non Khai as green but it's not listed in the table of 20. Further confusion when reading the 'last infection' bit where both Nong Khai and Udon Thani state last local infection as 7 days and 14 days respectively. Meanwhile, according to the graphic, Nong Kahi is green and Udon Thani is yellow.

I looks like everyone is making up their own graphic since none of what's been presented by The Nation, The 'other newspaper' and even the TAT website looks anything like the official MPH one.

Totally agree with NanLaew

The government  should get all reports to match in numbers & zoning. Even the Dept of Disease Control Covid-19 Situation Reports don't agree.

https://covid19.th-stat.com/en

And what Zone are the five Maximum Control provinces. I thought there were only 4. But even they don't agree with Phuket.

map.jpg

Phuket officials say there are eight

https://www.thephuketnews.com/red-zone-arrivals-face-quarantine-in-phuket-78566.php

I'm confused and it seems like all the Government agencies are too! 

Edited by Lapun
Clarification of message

14 hours ago, dcnx said:

Probably 0. They are waiting for people to turn up sick at the hospital to test them there.

That’s how they have operated the entire time.

Because of the stigma loss of face and 4k cost if not positive, the average poor Thai in the rural villages is much more likely to opt for the 20baht paracetamol option.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, nightfox said:

I live in Kalasin and my kids schools are closed as of last week as a precaution due to no positive cases reported in the province. 

Same as phitsanulok, school closed this and next week with ongoing review for further closures, the university has gone back to online teaching for all of this month with ongoing review. 

• Like 1