COVID Situation Spokesman Apologizes

rooster59

COVID Situation Spokesman Apologizes

spokesman.JPG

BANGKOK, Jan 8 (TNA) – Dr Taweesilp Visanuyothin, spokesman of the Center for COVID-19 Situation Administration (CCSA), apologized for public concerns about the use of MorChana application.

Before announcing new COVID-19 cases, Dr Taweesilp apologized for his reference on Jan 7 to punishment against people who did not use the contact-tracing app MorChana. He said that he did not mean to cause any panic among people. 

MorChana was developed to facilitate investigation into the spread of COVID-19 and it functioned like travelers’ passports recording users’ visits to places. 

Full story: https://tna.mcot.net/english-news/line-today-english-news-614001

tnalogo.jpg

-- © Copyright TNA 2021-01-09

5 hours ago, Glaswegian2 said:

An apology from a Thai isn't worth anything at all. He'll be down the Wat next week to offer heartfelt remorse. That done he'll be back to exactly the same behaviour as before and everybody will think what a wonderfully devout man he must be.

It's a complete farce. An exercise in insincerity. We must all bear in mind that what most of us call home is a 3rd world country and that is not likely to change any time soon.

Well I am glad I left that banana republic years ago

• Like 1

On 1/9/2021 at 8:51 AM, rooster59 said:

Before announcing new COVID-19 cases, Dr Taweesilp apologized for his reference on Jan 7 to punishment against people who did not use the contact-tracing app MorChana. He said that he did not mean to cause any panic among people. 

I call BS on that, inciting panic and therefore compliance is exactly what you intended. God these people bring a whole new meaning to the word impetuous. I was taught about 'Look before you leap' and 'think before blurting' while I was still in short pants, this guy is how old?

His mum must be so proud.

Edited by Glaswegian2
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, Meat Pie 47 said:

Well I am glad I left that banana republic years ago

I would love to know why people who are so glad to have left Thailand - banana republic, 3rd world country etc - still frequent a forum about Thailand and post about how much they hate it and how glad they are that they're not here.  Why?  I am genuinely curious what motivates you and others like you.

To me it is like people after a break up that bleat on about how they don't miss their ex, better off without them, not giving them a second thought, yet they are constantly looking at what they're doing on Facebook to see if they look happy or have a new boyfriend, hoping to see they are depressed and upset when in fact they have moved on and are perfectly happy. 

If I hated a country and was relieved and so happy to be out of it I would not be on a forum dedicated to that country every day, I would just move on.

On 1/10/2021 at 7:15 PM, josephbloggs said:

I would love to know why people who are so glad to have left Thailand - banana republic, 3rd world country etc - still frequent a forum about Thailand and post about how much they hate it and how glad they are that they're not here.  Why?  I am genuinely curious what motivates you and others like you.

To me it is like people after a break up that bleat on about how they don't miss their ex, better off without them, not giving them a second thought, yet they are constantly looking at what they're doing on Facebook to see if they look happy or have a new boyfriend, hoping to see they are depressed and upset when in fact they have moved on and are perfectly happy. 

If I hated a country and was relieved and so happy to be out of it I would not be on a forum dedicated to that country every day, I would just move on.

I think you'll find, if you check, that he is perfectly entitled to do what is doing. If you don't agree with it then perhaps you should just say you don't agree with but in any case, it's neither here nor there  and his opinion being valid is not dependent upon you  or anyone else agreeing with it.

Edited by Glaswegian2

12 hours ago, Glaswegian2 said:

I think you'll find, if you check, that he is perfectly entitled to do what is doing. If you don't agree with it then perhaps you should just say you don't agree with but in any case, it's neither here nor there  and his opinion being valid is not dependent upon you  or anyone else agreeing with it.

What are you talking about?  I didn't say he wasn't entitled to live wherever he wants and post whatever he wants.  I was merely asking what motivates him (or others like him) to come daily to read a forum about a country they hate and post and join in discussions to say how much they dislike it and how relieved they are that they are no longer living here.  I am genuinely curious as it doesn't make sense to me.  To me it's almost like they are trying to convince themselves they are better without Thailand when deep down they are still obsessed with it.

3 hours ago, josephbloggs said:

What are you talking about?  I didn't say he wasn't entitled to live wherever he wants and post whatever he wants.  I was merely asking what motivates him (or others like him) to come daily to read a forum about a country they hate and post and join in discussions to say how much they dislike it and how relieved they are that they are no longer living here.  I am genuinely curious as it doesn't make sense to me.  To me it's almost like they are trying to convince themselves they are better without Thailand when deep down they are still obsessed with it.

Genuinely curious... right-o.

Doesn't make sense to you... right-o.

Obsessed with Thailand... right-o

Good luck to you my friend.

Are you 'genuinely curious' about anything else? Maybe I can help...

Lizard people? little green men from Mars? the moon is made of green cheese? Area 51? Rings of paedopjiles in the government? I'm happy to do what I can to help with any of your genuine curiosities...

A cup of tea I think...

3 hours ago, josephbloggs said:

Genuinely curious... right-o.

Doesn't make sense to you... right-o.

Obsessed with Thailand... right-o

Good luck to you my friend.

Are you 'genuinely curious' about anything else? Maybe I can help...

Lizard people? little green men from Mars? the moon is made of green cheese? Area 51? Rings of paedopjiles in the government? I'm happy to do what I can to help with any of your genuine curiosities...

A cup of tea I think...