Got the COVID vaccine today.

ChouDoufu

7 hours ago, Virt said:

Congratulations on getting the first shot.

Looking forward to hear if any develop serious side effects from the vaccine, which i highly doubt.

Even if many don't like China i can't imagine they would try and release a product on the world market which is unsafe.

I'm waiting my turn here and hope for Pfizers or Modernas since i like the new Messenger RNA technology, which some also hope can be a way to treat cancer in the future, plus they have some of the highest reductions of all vaccines so far.

I'm not sure if Europe will allow Sinopharms vaccine, but why not if it's safe to use.

So far the ones Europe has bought/reserved are from

Pfizer, Moderna, Astra Zeneca, Sanofi, Curevac and Johnson & Johnson.

They will allow it if they perform the tests needed to get approval and put the results in . So far , as far as i know , they did not do a phase 3 test , and went straight away into injecting , and did get their approval for China and a few other countries . It does not mean it is not safe or working , but the phases for approval are been set out to prevent abnormalities and how good it works . That is how all medicines are approved , but every country / region got their own laws for approval . At the moment Sinovac vaccine is not anywhere in sight to get approval ( if they even put the paperwork in , which i think they not done ) . Every country needs loads and loads of vaccines , if Sinovac vaccine works , they can supply Asia , while Pfizer / Moderna / ... can take care of Europe , US . For Africa , idk ..

It is a race at the moment , the more vaccines are approved , the faster the vaccination can take place and the sooner this will all be over .

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

Bribery past hounds Chinese firm eyeing PH market for coronavirus vaccines

MANILA, Philippines—A checkered past dug up by a leading US newspaper is hounding a Chinese pharmaceutical company producing one of several coronavirus vaccines being lined up for use in the Philippines.

In a Dec. 4 report, Washington Post said Sinovac Biotech had been found to have a record of bribing Chinese drug regulators to secure vaccine approvals, which had raised serious questions about its products’ safety.

https://business.inquirer.net/313482/bribery-past-hounds-chinese-firm-eyeing-ph-market-for-coronavirus-vaccines

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, sezze said:

They will allow it if they perform the tests needed to get approval and put the results in . So far , as far as i know , they did not do a phase 3 test , and went straight away into injecting , and did get their approval for China and a few other countries . It does not mean it is not safe or working , but the phases for approval are been set out to prevent abnormalities and how good it works . That is how all medicines are approved , but every country / region got their own laws for approval . At the moment Sinovac vaccine is not anywhere in sight to get approval ( if they even put the paperwork in , which i think they not done ) . Every country needs loads and loads of vaccines , if Sinovac vaccine works , they can supply Asia , while Pfizer / Moderna / ... can take care of Europe , US . For Africa , idk ..

It is a race at the moment , the more vaccines are approved , the faster the vaccination can take place and the sooner this will all be over .

The original poster received the Sinopharm vaccine. 

Sinovac is a different company making a vaccine called coronavac. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bbc.com/news/amp/world-asia-china-55212787

If both are approved worldwide it means people have more choices, but seems like Sinopharm has an advantage compared to Sinovac. 

I'm still betting on the mRNA tech from Pfizer and Moderna to outperform the old school vaccines. 

I haven't read up on type/reduction from Sanofi, curevac and Johnson & Johnson since they are not close to EU approval. 

Denmark btw hope to have all those who want it vaccinated by June 26th 2021, but I doubt it. 

I don't think supply chain can keep up with demand but I cross my fingers. 

I work in the pharmaceutical industry where we produce 150+ million vials of insulin each yeah at the facility where I'm at, so I know how much that can go wrong in production. 

Have some friends that allready got their Pfizer shots since they work in the health care industry. 

They didn't grow a third eye or something btw ????

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, sezze said:

Sinopharm product has been approved in China, Jordan, Egypt, UAE and Bahrain (list may not be complete). There have been phase III trials in China, UAE and Bahrain (with some ongoing in other countries). As you would expect, the general attitude is that if it is not approved in the West, it cannot be OK.

I would like to thank ChouDoufu for posting his experiences. If the Chinese can achieve good quality control (often a factor lacking in domestic products) I do not think there will be major problems. There is still a question about the efficacy of inactivated virus vaccines (irrespective where they come from, another from Bharat was approved in India recently) which some believe is less than that of mRNA- or viral vector based products though this maybe a marketing ploy. Claimed efficacy is ca 79%, but details are lacking  http://www.pmlive.com/pharma_news/sinopharms_covid-19_vaccine_scores_approval_ in_china_1360725. Definitely, peer-reviewed data should be made available.

• Thanks 1

On 1/9/2021 at 4:29 PM, Liverpoolfan said:

It's not what you know, it's who you know ???? 

Suppose the rest of us will be paying through the nose to get our hands on one of those...

And we don't live in China... Unless Guangzhou suddenly became a suburb of Th..5555555

6 hours ago, sezze said:

No, the big player worldwide is likely to be Astrazeneca.  

• Confused 1

On 1/9/2021 at 4:23 PM, ChouDoufu said:

employer arranged for our vaccination, so no charge.  got the first jab this afternoon, next one in two weeks.

this is the sinopharm vaccine, developed with the wuhan institute of virology, produced by wuhan institute of biological products.  each 50ml vial individually wrapped with barcode for each vial scanned and attached to our file.

two injections, two weeks apart.  30 minutes observation required after each injection.  afterwards no alcohol or spicy foods for three days.

no side effects for me.  thai gf felt a little dizzy, but that is a common reaction for her anytime she gets an injection or gives a blood sample.

we will receive an official certificate with a lovely red stamp after the second injection.  she will contact the thai consulate in guangzhou next week and ask about renewing her passport and get an update on return requirements if one has been vaccinated.

COVID-4.jpg.bc60cd06cf4a4c83143b00a6d614a379.jpgCOVID-3.jpg.5503c329830fb68542b01974c6092416.jpgCOVID-2.jpg.ef9e97d70421e00c491854628c988fe8.jpgCOVID-1.jpg.59f7b36f5505eeb59361e274596532bf.jpg

it looks, like this is the second one from Sinopharm (after the first one, made with beijing institute, with 80% efficacy), which is still in phase 3 in several countries and efficacy is not known. Still, better than nothing, especially if required by an employer and even for the sake of scientific reasearch.

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2020/science/coronavirus-vaccine-tracker.html#wuhan

That is not Sinovac, contracted 2mln to Thailand from February - that one has 78% efficacy (and is higher, than Astra Zeneca, already being made in Thailand and available from May) 

here is frequently updated vax tracker (needs free registration). There are over 10 already being used, with another 50 in research 

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2020/science/coronavirus-vaccine-tracker.html

Edited by internationalism
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

On 1/11/2021 at 5:31 AM, placeholder said:

Bribery past hounds Chinese firm eyeing PH market for coronavirus vaccines

MANILA, Philippines—A checkered past dug up by a leading US newspaper is hounding a Chinese pharmaceutical company producing one of several coronavirus vaccines being lined up for use in the Philippines.

In a Dec. 4 report, Washington Post said Sinovac Biotech had been found to have a record of bribing Chinese drug regulators to secure vaccine approvals, which had raised serious questions about its products’ safety.

https://business.inquirer.net/313482/bribery-past-hounds-chinese-firm-eyeing-ph-market-for-coronavirus-vaccines

Isn't this what happens with all medicine , the briber paying the highest will be approved the first . This is how it's happening for ages already . 

On 1/12/2021 at 1:34 PM, internationalism said:

it looks, like this is the second one from Sinopharm (after the first one, made with beijing institute, with 80% efficacy), which is still in phase 3 in several countries and efficacy is not known. Still, better than nothing, especially if required by an employer and even for the sake of scientific reasearch.

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2020/science/coronavirus-vaccine-tracker.html#wuhan

That is not Sinovac, contracted 2mln to Thailand from February - that one has 78% efficacy (and is higher, than Astra Zeneca, already being made in Thailand and available from May) 

here is frequently updated vax tracker (needs free registration). There are over 10 already being used, with another 50 in research 

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2020/science/coronavirus-vaccine-tracker.html

Sinovacs efficacy has now been stated as only 50%, by the Brazilian authorities. 

Not 78%.

Sinovac has a history of repeatedly getting approval of vaccines by bribing officials, as posted by placeholder.

Am I surprised the Thai government bought it? 

• Confused 1

Just now, Martyjustice said:

Received Moderna vacs today at 1:00 pm. 8:00 pm and still don’t feel anything except for the bandaid they put in after. (Currently in Texas). 

if you have you noticed a strange desire to eat flies?  by tonight you DNA will have change and you you will turn into a lizard to serve the Lizard aliens that control earth. LOL:tongue:

but if you don't crave flies you should be fine. 

Congrats getting the vaccine, the 19th I am seeing my cardiologist to place me in the cue to get kine do to a medical condition. 

• Confused 1

6 hours ago, hoss21 said:

Received the Moderna vaccine on 23rd Dec. as part of a 6 day vaccination program for first responders (police, fire, ems). This is for Honolulu, Hawaii. I'm scheduled for my second shot sometime after Jan. 20th (not been notified of specific date yet).

Experienced no side effects other than a minor stiff/sore muscle at the injection site that lasted for about 2 days. Most of my co-workers reported the same.

And your signal strength is good ? 

And is Bill Gates respectful of the time when he downloads his instructions to you each day ?

????

Its reassuring that the reported vaccinations are going well, thanks for the information ???????? 

• Haha 1

On 1/14/2021 at 9:20 AM, sirineou said:

if you have you noticed a strange desire to eat flies?  by tonight you DNA will have change and you you will turn into a lizard to serve the Lizard aliens that control earth. LOL:tongue:

but if you don't crave flies you should be fine. 

Congrats getting the vaccine, the 19th I am seeing my cardiologist to place me in the cue to get kine do to a medical condition. 

I wouldn't worry too much about it, we got all kinds of grasshoppers, worms, etc to eat here; So no problems. :cheesy:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 1/10/2021 at 9:08 PM, 3STTW said:

Yep, the elephant in the room is that the vaccines give immunity but there is no evidence to suggest they stop you from carrying it or transmitting it. So don't expect the restrictions to be relaxed for the foreseeable future.

There's only no evidence because they didn't have that as one of the primary endpoints in any of the clinical trials, mainly due to financial and logistical constraints. Therefore no data that would show whether it prevents infection or transmission, was collected.

There's equally no evidence that it doesn't stop you from carrying or transmitting it but the early indications, especially from the Oxford-AstraZeneca phase 3 trials where a small subset of the volunteers were tested weekly for infection, are that the vaccines do reduce both infections and transmission rates.

Edited by GroveHillWanderer
  • Thanks 1

On 1/9/2021 at 10:23 AM, ChouDoufu said:

we will receive an official certificate with a lovely red stamp after the second injection.

Yes, just like the ones being printed up in fake document factories China for those who haven't have the injection. 

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, GroveHillWanderer said:

There's equally no evidence that it doesn't stop you from carrying or transmitting it but the early indications, especially from the Oxford-AstraZeneca phase 3 trials where a small subset of the volunteers were tested weekly for infection, are that the vaccines do reduce both infections and transmission rates.

It was a large subset and not one person who tested positive for substantial antibodies, those that recorded efficacy, tested positive for Covid.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

On 1/14/2021 at 3:14 AM, Martyjustice said:

Received Moderna vacs today at 1:00 pm. 8:00 pm and still don’t feel anything except for the bandaid they put in after. (Currently in Texas). 

Did you get your vaccination recorded in the WHO-style international vaccination certificate?

CDC.jpg.d9376a37478377d59aa77c3ae8e84a82.jpg

On 1/14/2021 at 5:17 AM, hoss21 said:

Received the Moderna vaccine on 23rd Dec. as part of a 6 day vaccination program for first responders (police, fire, ems). This is for Honolulu, Hawaii. I'm scheduled for my second shot sometime after Jan. 20th (not been notified of specific date yet).

Experienced no side effects other than a minor stiff/sore muscle at the injection site that lasted for about 2 days. Most of my co-workers reported the same.

Did you get your vaccination recorded in the WHO-style international vaccination certificate?

12 hours ago, Puccini said:

CDC.jpg.d9376a37478377d59aa77c3ae8e84a82.jpg

This looks like an American vaccination book, mine looking slightly different because issued by : Institut Pasteur(Fr) but it has same purpose and validity...

23 hours ago, GroveHillWanderer said:

There's only no evidence because they didn't have that as one of the primary endpoints in any of the clinical trials, mainly due to financial and logistical constraints. Therefore no data that would show whether it prevents infection or transmission, was collected.

All true. The only thing that can be concluded with solid fact is that all the vaccines appear to hugely prevent the catastrophic immune over-reaction that leads to serious illness and death.

• Thanks 1

On 1/9/2021 at 4:23 PM, ChouDoufu said:

this is the sinopharm vaccine, developed with the wuhan institute of virology, produced by wuhan institute of biological products. 

The people that gave us the Covid19 in the first place.... as said b4, "Broken in China"...

• Confused 1

On 1/14/2021 at 9:20 AM, sirineou said:

if you have you noticed a strange desire to eat flies?  by tonight you DNA will have change and you you will turn into a lizard to serve the Lizard aliens that control earth. LOL:tongue:...

No, no, no.  This only happens if you smoke the dope that Cheech@Chong were growing in their "Nice Dreams" movie.

• Haha 2