Got the COVID vaccine today.

ChouDoufu

10 hours ago, ChouDoufu said:

update for those interested....

next morning, about 18 hours after injection of the sinopharm vaccine -

thai girlfriend has a sore arm around the injection spot and is feeling a bit sleepy.  her (probably psychosomatic) dizziness went away after a couple hours.

hansum man has experienced no ill-effects and no soreness yet.

oh, and forgot to mention;  add no seafood for 3 days to the dietary restrictions following the vaccination.

Same as Pfizer one, then. My friend got vaccinated in US and reported sore arm and pain in the back for 2 days, starting 2nd day after first vaccine shot. Lasted 2 days and went away. No such effect after the second jab last week.

There is also nothing wrong with the old vaccines. If they work...

If you have side effects, it often shows they are working...

Former FDA chief says Covid vaccine side effects are signs the shot is building protection

So good news, the OP has reported his gf's vaccine is likely working! ????  

Edited by rabas
  • Thanks 1

On 1/9/2021 at 5:43 PM, jvs said:

Good to hear you got the injection,i hope the rest of the world will follow soon

so the economy can get back on track.

Something for the conspiracy people,flu and vaccine comes from the same place!

So , this injection has been tried and tested ,  for how long , by who .??

Oh no ,, not the World Health Organisation .

I will give this jab , a no thank you ..

• Haha 1

Just now, elliss said:

So , this injection has been tried and tested ,  for how long , by who .??

Oh no ,, not the World Health Organisation , again ..

I will give this jab , a no thank you ..

Frightening read from DM this morning. Dairy from a nurse

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9130463/As-mutant-Covid-strain-sweeps-UK-junior-doctors-diary-exposes-NHS-breaking-point.html

"We’re used to seeing people die, but not so many, so routinely.

Pre-Covid, I might have seen two or three deaths a week. Now it’s four or five a day"

The vaccine is so important

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

Congratulations on getting the first shot.

Looking forward to hear if any develop serious side effects from the vaccine, which i highly doubt.

Even if many don't like China i can't imagine they would try and release a product on the world market which is unsafe.

I'm waiting my turn here and hope for Pfizers or Modernas since i like the new Messenger RNA technology, which some also hope can be a way to treat cancer in the future, plus they have some of the highest reductions of all vaccines so far.

I'm not sure if Europe will allow Sinopharms vaccine, but why not if it's safe to use.

So far the ones Europe has bought/reserved are from

Pfizer, Moderna, Astra Zeneca, Sanofi, Curevac and Johnson & Johnson.

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, polpott said:

Andrew Wakefield was struck off for publishing fake reports on the MMR vaccine. Still a prominent anti vaxxer and conspiracy theorist. Dangerous guy.

Can be but the dutch guy isn't an anti vaxxer even his own children are vaccinated but he says the same thing as the dutch guy in this .

1 hour ago, rabas said:

He's a bit of a nut case. 

He suggests vaccines are not necessary, the vaccine program in highly irresponsible. He says people are already immune. He claims mRNA and DNA vaccines are genetic engineering, and he knows better. He purposely says this to create alarm.

A fact. If mRNA / DNA vaccines are genetic engineering, then so are all the viruses you ever contract. Both cases create the same life saving immunity.  He knows this.

Factcheck  RNA Covid-19 vaccines will not change your DNA

He doesn't say the vaccines are not necessary he says it's not necessary to vaccinate the whole worlds population . Looking at the nr's of deaths and in wich groups people are dying . 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

On 1/9/2021 at 11:23 AM, ChouDoufu said:

employer arranged for our vaccination, so no charge.  got the first jab this afternoon, next one in two weeks.

this is the sinopharm vaccine, developed with the wuhan institute of virology, produced by wuhan institute of biological products.  each 50ml vial individually wrapped with barcode for each vial scanned and attached to our file.

two injections, two weeks apart.  30 minutes observation required after each injection.  afterwards no alcohol or spicy foods for three days.

no side effects for me.  thai gf felt a little dizzy, but that is a common reaction for her anytime she gets an injection or gives a blood sample.

we will receive an official certificate with a lovely red stamp after the second injection.  she will contact the thai consulate in guangzhou next week and ask about renewing her passport and get an update on return requirements if one has been vaccinated.

COVID-4.jpg.bc60cd06cf4a4c83143b00a6d614a379.jpgCOVID-3.jpg.5503c329830fb68542b01974c6092416.jpgCOVID-2.jpg.ef9e97d70421e00c491854628c988fe8.jpgCOVID-1.jpg.59f7b36f5505eeb59361e274596532bf.jpg

Please keep us informed about the attitude of Thai immigration towards vaccinated people.

Hopefully they dismiss them from ASQ .

• Confused 1

8 hours ago, ChouDoufu said:

no change in cellphone signal, but i did have the strange compulsion to sleep in the attic hanging by my ankles from the rafters.

I received the Vaccine of Pfizer. The side effects were harsh. can not sleep on my belly but on the other side, I am protected from falling of the bed

• Confused 1
  • Haha 2