Flying from uk

Buffhino

Hi guys

Im i still able to fly to Thailand atm from the UK either with a visa or on exemption, Providing i follow the rules with coe and asq

also am i still able to get a visa online in the uk..

Thanks in advane

buff

Edited by Buffhino

No restrictions on UK arrivals at present, but that could change.

Some have noted that UK and other European arrivals are being required to remain in their ASQ rooms until they have tested negative for the second time (previously you were allowed to use the gym etc after the first negative test). 

Of course, you've got to get out of the UK first which may actually be more difficult than jumping the hoops required by Thailand.

• Like 2

Not impossible but not easy unless you have a good reason to fly

Also to be considered is that you could be exposing yourself to the virus on the plane 

or at a UK or intermediate  airport. (Pretty safe this end)

It is also going to be costly.

Unless absolutely necessary suggest defer & keep an eye on updates

• Like 2

From what i have read as the other poster said you need a good reason to fly out of uk.

As long as the Uk lockdown continues it will be difficult (but not impossible) to fly to thailand provided you have a good reason(work related or compassionate grounds are the reasons according to the Uk Gov travel advice web site).

How compassionate is the uk gov.???????

• Like 2

Despite what some posters in this topic are saying, it is relatively easy to fly from the UK to Thailand ar the moment visa exempt now 45 days or a 60 day Tourist Visa. If you decide Visa Exempt you just need to get $100k Covid Insurance, best get a Thai Policy at this time see attachment or use Revolut Premium or Metal from the UK. When insurance is sorted you can apply for the COE for pre approval. After pre approval you have 15 days to upload flight and ASQ to get the COE.

The UK lockdown does not affect long haul international travel. There are many reports of people having no issues at all.

https://london.thaiembassy.org/en/publicservice/119247-requirements-for-certificate-of-entry-during-travel-restriction?page=5d6636cd15e39c3bd00072dd&menu=5f4b6eb3f6ae4b236972c562

FB_IMG_1605144893508.jpg

Edited by jimn
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, supersomchai said:

From what i have read as the other poster said you need a good reason to fly out of uk.

As long as the Uk lockdown continues it will be difficult (but not impossible) to fly to thailand provided you have a good reason(work related or compassionate grounds are the reasons according to the Uk Gov travel advice web site).

How compassionate is the uk gov.???????

IN other words the UK may at the moment have restrictions of passport holders departing the UK (same as Australia - OZ passport holders or PRs have to get permission to depart OZ at the moment).

Thank for all your comments i wanted to double check before i proceeded with this great task lol..

Im flying from Scotland so it should be relatively easy than going to London or other parts of uk..

Insurance,flight,asq,coe then test before fly 

Has anyone done the test before flying does it has it have to be a specific test with certificate ?? im not leaving the house until i go for the test

Since the new year the whole UK has effectively moved into 'tier 5' lockdowns, and the rule, at least how the politicians on the TV state it is, : no-one is allowed to leave the UK except for work or special reason. Whether that is enforced at the airports to the effect that 'holiday' & 'relocation' reasons for travel from UK to Thailand will be blocked, I dunno ; for the most part the brit politicians are not bothering to push their lockdown rules thru parliament to make them British Law, they seem to just dictate them and hope the police will enforce them.
Today my housemate left the UK for employment in Europe and he had to present proof of employment to board his flight.
This community could do with knowing if 'holiday' or 'relocation' will still get a traveller past British airport security checks onto a Thailand bound flight since the new year.

11 hours ago, djuiiy said:

. . . . for the most part the brit politicians are not bothering to push their lockdown rules thru parliament to make them British Law, they seem to just dictate them and hope the police will enforce them.

They are using Statutory Instruments to pass them in to law when required, which in effect bypasses parliament.

On 1/9/2021 at 8:48 PM, Crossy said:

No restrictions on UK arrivals at present, but that could change.

Some have noted that UK and other European arrivals are being required to remain in their ASQ rooms until they have tested negative for the second time (previously you were allowed to use the gym etc after the first negative test). 

Of course, you've got to get out of the UK first which may actually be more difficult than jumping the hoops required by Thailand.

I have just read that the Thai govt., has  just declared that all arrivals from the UK and Europe must do 15 days in a quarantine hotel. Not only that, they "Must" stay confined to their allotted rooms, no resort wandering will be allowed.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Huckenfell said:

I have just read that the Thai govt., has  just declared that all arrivals from the UK and Europe must do 15 days in a quarantine hotel. Not only that, they "Must" stay confined to their allotted rooms, no resort wandering will be allowed.

Yeah, a few members have reported that they are stuck in their rooms whilst non-UK arrivals can do the gym etc. after their first negative test.

11 minutes ago, Crossy said:

Yeah, a few members have reported that they are stuck in their rooms whilst non-UK arrivals can do the gym etc. after their first negative test.

It's not nice believe me !  On arrival in Brisbane from BKK i was put into the Brisbane Marriott for 15 days and not allowed out of my room. I stacked furniture to give me a 10 mtr free passage from the door to the sealed window. and used to walk back and forward several times a day. Come checkout day, the bloody housekeeper demanded that i replace all the stacked furniture !    Love to tell you all what i told her.

1 hour ago, Huckenfell said:

Does anyone know what the average cost to a traveler  who has to do quarantine  in any of the approved hotels is. I have read that Bangkok Marriott is offering an all in special for Bht 25000 for 15 days.

49 minutes ago, Salerno said:

Where did you read that? I find it hard to believe to be honest.

The only Marriott I see on the list is the Courtyard by Marriott with a lowest brochure rate of 60,000 baht.  That woul be a helluva discount to get it for 25K.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, treetops said:

That woul be a helluva discount to get it for 25K.

There's actually 4 of their places in Bangkok (https://hotel-deals.marriott.com/alternative-state-quarantine-packages-bangkok/), the lowest starts at 49.5K.

But that, the fact it's a captive audience and the fact people in quarantine have LINE and FB groups to chat to others in the same boat would to me make it unlikely to have such a discount. So would be interested where he read about it.