Covid-19 Vaccines Have Triggered Severe Allergic Reactions in 29 People in U.S. to Date

Yawn, another antivaxx thread disguised as "just asking questions is all" or whatever

Rates of adverse reaction are no different than any other vaccine.  This thread should have been deleted the minute it was posted.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, shdmn said:

Yawn, another antivaxx thread disguised as "just asking questions is all" or whatever

Rates of adverse reaction are no different than any other vaccine.  This thread should have been deleted the minute it was posted.

nice touch of censorship as this whole cow of vaccines cannot be discussed or questioned

blind faith, just take it all and shut up, right ?

• Sad 3

10 hours ago, Nout said:

'If you are not sick why take the risk?'..Its called preventative medicine. The whole point of vaccinations are to prevent people from getting sick. I don't believe in censorship but giving a platform to ill informed, damaging idiocy makes one understand the importance of measured moderation and content checking....'why take the risk if you're not already sick'.....incredible...you couldn't make it up..555

aha, but Pfizer made clear that this vaccine will NOT PREVENT you getting corona...

Will the Pfizer Covid vaccine prevent transmission?
Most vaccines that protect from viral illnesses also reduce transmission of the virus that causes the disease by those who are vaccinated. While it is hoped this will be the case, the scientific community does not yet know if the Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 Vaccine will reduce such transmission.
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Bender Rodriguez said:

aha, but Pfizer made clear that this vaccine will NOT PREVENT you getting corona...

Most vaccines that protect from viral illnesses also reduce transmission of the virus that causes the disease by those who are vaccinated. While it is hoped this will be the case, the scientific community does not yet know if the Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 Vaccine will reduce such transmission.

Maybe not known to you: vaccines are approved among others on the basis that the benefits outweigh the risks. Nobody says that they are 100% safe. Pfizer originally reported that 0.67% of the participants in the vaccinated group and 0.5% in the placebo group in their phase III trials had allergic reactions. By the way, a small fraction of people who get flu vaccines also experience anaphylactic shock or other serious and potentially deadly side effects.

And 'aha, but Pfizer made clear that this vaccine will NOT PREVENT you getting corona...' If you had gotten this vaccine (or the Moderna or AstraZeneca vaccines, for the others sufficient data are lacking) the chances of you getting severe COVID are severely reduced. However, you can still spread the virus, possibly at a reduced rate but this has not been clearly established. 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Bender Rodriguez said:

NO, everybody does what they want ANYWAY

it is to inform people, can news like this not be posted ?

if you are not sick, why take a risk

do you have to be blind for reality ?

if you're already sick, the vaccine will do no good.

On 1/9/2021 at 5:38 PM, Crossy said:

For a sense of proportion, how many people have received the vaccination?

The WSJ link has a paywall but the link below does not.

I found a link here. https://www.pharmacist.com/article/covid-19-vaccines-have-triggered-severe-allergic-reactions-29-people-us-date

It seems as though 

Of more than 5.3 million doses of COVID-19 vaccine doses administered December 14–23, CDC officials have documented at least 29 cases of anaphylaxis as of January 5. The incidents were scattered around the country and linked to different batches of vaccine, ruling out potential contamination. While the rate of severe allergic reaction for COVID-19 vaccine—5.5 per 1 million doses—is much higher than the rate of 1.3 per 1 million for influenza vaccine, the incidence is still extremely low and has not led to any deaths.

There is a lot more in the link.

However to be fair the flu vaccine has been around a long time.

i was worried about the vaccin but now that i know that only 29 ppl out of 5.3 MILLION ppl did experience a non lethal allergic reaction, i feel its safe to use. ????

the daily death rate in the usa of not vaccinated ppl is currently 4000 (FOUR THOUSAND!!) 

So i would say "vaccins" wins with a huge K.O. from "anti vaccin"! ????

• Like 1

On 1/9/2021 at 5:40 PM, Bender Rodriguez said:

if you are not sick, why take a risk

Do you understand what vaccines are about? They are to prevent you from getting sick. There's not much point in taking vaccine while you are sick...

Did your parents wait for you to get Polio, Hepatitis A/B, Measles, Mumps, Rubella, etc. before vaccinating you? Do you put your seatbelt on only after the crash? Do you get yourself insurance only after you're sick?

Weird way of thinking you have, Bender...

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Bender Rodriguez said:

nice touch of censorship as this whole cow of vaccines cannot be discussed or questioned

blind faith, just take it all and shut up, right ?

Really your choice, isn't it? Take the vaccine, 1 in 200,000 chance you will die or have a serious adverse reaction. Don't take the vaccine, get infected. 1 in 100 to 1 in 25 chance you will die, depending on your age group. 4 in 10 chance you will have weeks or months of impaired function and rehabilitation to cope with.

Did you nod off in class when the teacher was talking about probabilities and logic?

33 minutes ago, herwin1234 said:

i was worried about the vaccin but now that i know that only 29 ppl out of 5.3 MILLION ppl did experience a non lethal allergic reaction, i feel its safe to use. ????

the daily death rate in the usa of not vaccinated ppl is currently 4000 (FOUR THOUSAND!!) 

So i would say "vaccins" wins with a huge K.O. from "anti vaccin"! ????

we are in THAILAND, with 67 death in A YEAR

not a day, week, month, 12 months

I really would like to see the age of all the death

and if they had chronic diseases...

if covid was so deadly over here (100-500 per day or more DEATH because of covid19), I might consider it in a few months of other playing lab rat

but this is not the case for Thailand, now is it ...

Home country old people locked in their room/home + no sun + crappy food (bread & soup?) + no exercise + type 2 diabetes + chronic diseases + many chemical medications + stress ...

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

On 1/9/2021 at 6:13 PM, JWRC said:

Well I won;t be thinking about mobile phones when I make my decision, medical science is indeed a mystery, still no cure for the common cold, so I won't be holding my breath for any great results from the vaccine.

The common cold  is  self limiting. As  far as I have tried to find  the reason is  unknown exactly if at all. However if it was not it  would be the most lethal disease  known due to the  damage it causes while it is active . As an infection that only lasts  about  48 hours despite the lingering  after effects and potential secondary infection due  to damaged  and susceptible respiratory tissues a  vaccine  has little purposeful need for  development . As  contagious  as  hell but not  lethal in itself despite it's  mutational capacity.By virtue of that there is greater motivational interest in development of products to alleviate the  misery of returning repetitive symptomatic sufferance for  perpetual  profit !

Covid-19 is in a different  category. It has demonstrated  lethal capacity, permanent damage capacity, and in the longer  term  even for asymptomatic  victims potentially an outcome similar to  Post Polio Syndrome.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 1/9/2021 at 11:05 AM, Lacessit said:

Information technology and medical science being what it is today, 10-12 years evaluation is no longer warranted or necessary.

It's a bit like mobile phones, 20-30 years ago they looked like house bricks. Now, they have more computing power than older mainframes.

For those who say that vaccines always require "8 - 12 years of testing.."  or  "10-12 years evaluation" (both quotes from this thread), may I suggest that was then....this is now  - it's called progress and is a fine example of how dedicated scientists work to drag us back from the brink of disaster.

There is an excellent explanation of how the testing was carried out so quickly here

https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/m000qdzd/panorama-the-race-for-a-vaccine 

Now wait for the conspirators to say that BBC is MSM and cannot be trusted! ????????

Edited by VBF
  • Like 1

22 hours ago, Lacessit said:

For crying out loud, I've had so many vaccines in my life I resemble a pincushion. I'm still here at age 77 in reasonable health, except for an inability to suffer fools gladly.

I probably stand a much better chance of being struck by lightning on a golf course, or eaten by a shark if I go for a swim.

I wanted to mark that post both as "HaHa" and "Thanks".

Same for me  - I was just looking at my past vax record from when I was travelling to odd places in Africa and Asia for work  - even I'd forgotten how many shots I'd had! 

Look out for that shark carrying a golf club!!! ????

Edited by VBF
  • Like 1

On 1/9/2021 at 5:59 PM, JWRC said:

To my way of thinking you cannot say that anyone has been saved, let us remember the facts, 1) No one knows yet if the vaccines work  and 2) Will there be any long term side effects. The vaccines are a quick fix, but are not tried and tested in the usual way namely 8 - 12 years of testing.

The trials show that for every 95 unvaccinated people who got ill from covid, 5 of the vaccinated by the Pfizer vaccine got ill. A half percentage point more got ill from the Moderna vaccine.

11 hours ago, Bender Rodriguez said:

But it does mean that for every 95 unvaccinated people who come down with symptoms, only 5 of the vaccinated ones will.

On 1/10/2021 at 10:18 AM, Bender Rodriguez said:

No, actually you made it very unclear what Pfizer has said. Which is bizarre considering that the paragraph you are presumably quoting says very clearly that it's not known whether it will prevent you from getting infected with the virus. Just that it's much less likely that you will get ill from it.

Edited by placeholder
  • Like 2