Dual OVER pricing still active in Krabi

Mavideol

18 minutes ago, Mavideol said:

I thought somebody at the Prayut's gang was looking at removing(or already did remove) the discriminatory/discrimination DUAL Over pricing fee to enter parks  here, I guess I was expecting too much from these scum bags, my wrong, so today decided to visit Krabi with some Thai friends, group of 6 people (2 foreigners included) and we went to Krabi Fossil park, were instructed to purchase tickets at the both,  much to our surprise the lady ask for 5 Thai to pay a price and for the 2 of us to pay different price, we all looked at each other with surprising look and asked why, she pointed to a sign located to the left of her booth, Thai friends start to argue and told her we have Pink card, live here for many years and we all should pay same price, she pretended not to understand and kept pointing at the sign... we then realized that it was a lost cause and the park has nothing special to see besides some rocks with some (or they say) fossil gravures dated 75 millions years ago, not my cup of tea and was not looking for any arguments, we did U Turn and left.... there was nobody there, park and stores empty, tourism is down to zero and yet they still practice dual pricing with an attitude.... Thailand should prepare itself for a rude/unpleasant awakening

KRABI- Laem Pho Fossil Park-1.jpg

https://www.facebook.com/groups/2pricethailand/?multi_permalinks=3145588952209861&notif_id=1609907695879667&notif_t=group_highlights&ref=notif

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Andy from Kent said:

After the years I've spent in Thailand, I've come to realize there's nothing I can do to change this so I just accept what the price is or walk away from it.

I (we Thais included) walked away as well, was trying to refresh the government rhetoric as some time (not to long) ago there was an article here at TV referencing the governments idea of completely/fully/totally removing such stuxxx discrimination towards us

Was there a couple of years back with the Mrs (Thai) fortunately the tide was in at the time so nothing to see (yippee ????) I also wasn't looking forward to a rather treacherous descent and steep return trip.

So we ventured down to the shooting range not far away, much more fun ????

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Meat Pie 47 said:

Thank you for the link, unfortunately I can't join or post as I don't use FB, please feel free to forward that photo as the way is displayed it's (at least) sneaky if not discriminatory insulting

Our opinion is that if they want to overcharge foreign tourists by as much as 200% then that is their decision. But, don't do it in a way that is both sneaky and insulting.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Mavideol said:

Our opinion is that if they want to overcharge foreign tourists by as much as 200% then that is their decision. But, don't do it in a way that is both sneaky and insulting.

How is it sneaky and insulting?

From my experience seems the prices at most of these places are clearly posted, as in your photo.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Captain Monday said:

So where on the scale does Florida sit on discrimination compared to Thailand again? 

No idea, that's why I was asking the question. 

As for the dual pricing in Thailand, as they say "up to you", personally I vote with my wallet (as I do in other parts of the world where dual pricing isn't  unique to Thailand as people want to make out).

• Like 1

14 hours ago, balo said:

Especially now I would expect them to offer dual pricing everywhere there's an attraction.   Because everyone are <deleted> poor due to the pandemic. 

if so feel that sorry for them, why don't you go around making some hefty contributions

• Confused 1

On 1/10/2021 at 6:10 AM, steevjee said:

I think it's reasonable to ask maybe double what a Thai would pay, but 5 to 10 times more is downright rude

It's still just $6. 

If that's going to ruin someone's day, I suggest they aren't Thailand's target demographic- not the foreigners they want to cater to.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

On 1/10/2021 at 3:10 PM, steevjee said:

I think it's reasonable to ask maybe double what a Thai would pay, but 5 to 10 times more is downright rude

Why ???? Why should you or any foreigner pay 2x (or any more, or less) than a Thai ??? 

There is no reason or excuse which justifies any additional charge whatsoever. 

• Like 2

Don't go, simple.  There are plenty of other nice places in Thailand to spend your money. I stopped going anywhere near the south of the country years ago after being constantly ripped off by the greedy locals. 

• Like 1