Support for Thai government rises above 50%, suggest Super Poll

webfact

1 minute ago, keith101 said:

How can they call polling 1,839 people in a country of 69 million + a super poll its should be called a pathetic mini poll of no substance or value IMO .

They could call it one day's work, go home early and take a few days off.

• Haha 1

Surely, a "Super Poll" would have used a sample of at least 1 million people representing a cross section of society, all ages, all genders, all religions etc.  1839 people is hardly worth the effort, ask a similar number of different people tomorrow and the result would probably be the opposite!

• Like 1

I conducted my own "Super Poll" on the same topic yesterday... with a "super" sample size of 8:

my maid;

my gardener;

the neighbor couple;

the local mom-and-pop store lady and her son;

two random taxi drivers

Guess what the outcome was regarding support for Prayuth and his government.

Yeah... that's right.

And: isn't my "super poll" at least as legitimate as a "super poll" conducted among - so it appears - primarily government employees and politicians' family members and cronies? 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, tomauasia said:

Let's go to elections now with western observers and non army related officials. OK ?

"western observers." yeah sure, bc other non western countries cannot, and more importantly, are not allowed to govern their own country.

we just witnessed ANOTHER complete incompetence of the west, the usa, in that it cannot hold a democratic election that is supported by its own people. (the OTHER deadly incompetence is the mismanagent of an epidemic that rages out of control (for a whole year now.)

so kindly explain to me where is this moral superiority of your western observers that gives them the right to interfere with other countries governing?

Its a small poll but really not hard to believe the majority of Thai  pll are smart and compare how THEIR governement handles this crisis , and how OTHER "<deleted>hole" governements "handle" the crisis.

Edited by herwin1234
speling misstakkes
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, herwin1234 said:

"western observers." yeah sure, bc other non western countries cannot, and more importantly, are not allowed to govern their own country.

we just witnessed ANOTHER complete incompetence of the west, the usa, in that it cannot hold a democratic election that is supported by its own people. (the OTHER deadly incompetence is the mismanagent of an epidemic that rages out of control (for a whole year now.)

Its a small poll but really not hard to believe the majority of Thai  pll are smart and compare how THEIR governement handles this crisis , and how OTHER "<deleted>hole" governements "handle" the crisis.

Absolute <deleted> poll. Thais content this government. Believe as you wish. I know and speak to Thais from different walks of life. All same reply. Mai

On 1/11/2021 at 8:57 AM, Damrongsak said:

They could call it one day's work, go home early and take a few days off.

Typical government workers hours and then all of the holidays they have been given, makes me believe you are 100% correct Sir.....

• Like 2

Just to clear up the confusion of the name of the poll :

The lady who from time to time takes this poll is a somtam seller and sister in law of a lower ranking member of the local govt agency.    She picks up a few extra baht "interviewing"  her customers

from time to time.    Her name is SOOPAH .    Of course when translating we just use the english

pronunciation and call it  a   Super Poll.

your welcome

• Haha 2

Polls are weighted, among other based on political elections the outcome is a facts list to adjust the weighting. That's why a small representative group of a population actually can fairly accurate mirror a whole population. Between 1,000 to 1,500 in US can mirror 260 million with a small calculated error, often a few percent, or few percentage points.

How many people were interviewed as part of the Gallup U.S. Poll?

The number of U.S. adults aged 18 and older interviewed for each poll varied throughout the life of the Gallup U.S. Poll:

• From 2008-2012, Gallup interviewed approximately 1,000 U.S. adults per day.
  • From 2013-2016, Gallup interviewed approximately 500 U.S. adults per day.
  • In 2017, Gallup interviewed approximately 1,500 U.S. adults per week.

Source: Gallup 

Also see this article "How can a poll of only 1,004 Americans represent 260 million people with only a 3 percent margin of error?"

When I was CEO in a commercial radio station we did regularly Gallup polls, as the result of number of listeners were needed for the station's income share, as it was part of a nationwide advertising network. The Gallup report was a more like a book, which not only could show us the number of listeners over a week specified into single hours, or radio programs, but we would also know age group, sex, and habits of the listeners; the latter down to for example which newspaper they read, if the owned a car and which type, and if the drank red wine for dinner.

What I'm saying is that the poll institutions like Gallup, and Nielsen, and others have a huge database to weight people in a nation, based on very few questions like age, sex, area they live in, and profession. Those data are regularly updated from more extended polls, where a lot of questions are asked about life style etc.; so a few questions about politics can actually fairly precise mirror a whole population...????