Bitkub and you are <deleted>

MadMac

I sent it only one time, they asked however to reinitiate it again and then again which resulted in the failures described. The "support guy" who runs this operation clearly had no clue of his systems.

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, MadMac said:

Writing this just now as I finally managed to get my funds out of this scam operation.

What happened?

I transfered 100k from my UOB bank account to my account there. Money did not arrive.

Waited hours in their support loop, finally got through. Guy there tells me to do another transfer of 100k. Really?

Tried that, ended up in first transfer being rejected.

Support loop again. Guy tells me to do another 100k transfer and asks me if I am stupid literally for not sending them 300k.

Did not work

Contacted support loop 300k guy again. He does not want to give his phone number and "hotline" is in "maintenance".

Finally he somhow reset the transfer. One man show.

I did the deposit again, this time receipt was not accepted. Had to contact UOB for another one which they provided.

Finally got my 100k credited, bought ETH and cashed out. Now I can write this.

That is a scam operation! Do not put your money in there!

Change your name to Mad Max

• Haha 2

13 hours ago, MadMac said:

I explained that in the first post. You can read it ????

Just read it may be it's a misunderstanding? You can check this out https://support.bitkub.com/hc/en-us/articles/360000349031

Basically, there are 2 types of Thai Baht deposit

1. QR Code = Similar to scan and pay (e.g. Promptpay), get instant balance

2. Transfer THB = Create request on Bitkub and transfer -manually-, then upload the slip. So, when you create the request on Bitkub, the money -did not- go out from your bank account.

Thanks for sharing anyway

• Thanks 1

On 1/12/2021 at 8:56 PM, MadMac said:

Writing this just now as I finally managed to get my funds out of this scam operation.

What happened?

I transfered 100k from my UOB bank account to my account there. Money did not arrive.

Waited hours in their support loop, finally got through. Guy there tells me to do another transfer of 100k. Really?

Tried that, ended up in first transfer being rejected.

Support loop again. Guy tells me to do another 100k transfer and asks me if I am stupid literally for not sending them 300k.

Did not work

Contacted support loop 300k guy again. He does not want to give his phone number and "hotline" is in "maintenance".

Finally he somhow reset the transfer. One man show.

I did the deposit again, this time receipt was not accepted. Had to contact UOB for another one which they provided.

Finally got my 100k credited, bought ETH and cashed out. Now I can write this.

That is a scam operation! Do not put your money in there!

Pulled xxxk from there in seconds the other night, no issues.

• Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, Raphael Hythlodaeus said:

I have used Bitkub for some time and baht deposits/withdrawals from SCB and crypto deposits/withdrawals have been no problem.

Except one time when an ETH withdrawal took several hours, but I think due to network issues, not Bitkub.

I am a Bitkub customer -- no other financial interest with them.

Crypto withdrawals are no problem, THB deposit with QR code also works. What did not work was bank transfer and you cannot reach them as they do not have a working phone number. The one guy they have in the chat box is not able to cope with requests. Had to wait several hours, then still they did not accept the payment confirmation. Had to go to UOB, but  still could not upload as the amount is different each time and not accepted. Then waited again for several hours. Apparently another one of their staff with some knowledge fixed it in the end.

• Haha 1

This "exchange is doomed. Decide for yourself if you want to trust them with your money.

"Bitkub website and application urgent maintenance

We would like to inform you that our website and application is undergoing system maintenance resulting in Bitkub website and application inaccessible on 18/01/2021 until further notice.

We are working on it with highest priority and will inform you immediately once we are back in service."

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, MadMac said:

"Bitkub website and application urgent maintenance"

Such things usually happen, when sites get hacked. I don't say they got hacked. But don't be surprised if.

Bitkub is still "under maintennce". It shut down before 22:00 last night. I was not informed at all. No email message, no notice on their site. I joined only a few days ago and am not very amused. 

4 hours ago, Dario said:

Bitkub is still "under maintennce". It shut down before 22:00 last night. I was not informed at all. No email message, no notice on their site. I joined only a few days ago and am not very amused. 

Google Translate seems to be on the ball!

bitkub.jpg.448704b39add0d9f894faaaf761f40e9.jpg

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Dario said:

Bitkub is still "under maintennce".

This is why I am never putting any more than pocket change into these Thai services. Bx.th pulled the same crapola last time when BTC ran up to 17kUSB back in 2017 and their servers couldn't handle it.

Imagine a Schwab or Etrade shutting down for 24 hours server upgrades when volatility was high?

• Like 1

Bitkub's upgrade caused a big problem...that happens... 

I don't use Facebook so I don't know what updates they are giving on that corrupt platform.

anyone on the forum heard whats going on?

This company has been good for me since BX exchange faded away.  I trust them but why no more Line updates?

35 minutes ago, Barnabe said:

Still down. I'm starting to sense a hack.

Thai cyber security is atrocious, even for banks.

Most of my money is out, so I consider myself lucky. Either hacked or bankrupt. Symptoms are usually the same.

Should just teach us one lesson again, do not leave any funds on exchanges unless you are actually trading.

Edited by MadMac
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, MadMac said:

Most of my money is out, so I consider myself lucky. Either hacked or bankrupt. Symptoms are usually the same.

Should just teach us one lesson again, do not leave any funds on exchanges unless you are actually trading.

This is getting seriously scary...

You don't crash a trading system with new people opening an account. Two completely different things. So if they give this answer it means they have been compromised and try to cover it up. Bad.

Edited by MadMac

Bitkub Call Center at 02-032-9555 or 02-038-5655 (temporary) 24 hours... from FB

called and listed to music for 5 minutes.

After that, a recording told me (to get lost) and use the email contact instead.

Connection closed from their side.