Bitkub and you are <deleted>

MadMac

1 minute ago, Barnabe said:

Anyway I'm glad everyone got their funds back. I would certainly be sweating if I had any there while this was happening. Crypto can be a wild ride.

So far not, I still have money in Bitkub and they are still offline.

• Sad 1

9 minutes ago, MadMac said:

Can anyone even start their app? I tried on 2 phones with Android 9 and 7 and it crashes on both before one can even try to login.

Working on andriod for me since yesterday. The app was updated maybe you've not done that yet?

33 minutes ago, MadMac said:

Can anyone even start their app? I tried on 2 phones with Android 9 and 7 and it crashes on both before one can even try to login.

Worked on my iPhone yesterday.

Apparently BitKub is down because after earlier outages this month, (surge in sign ups?), and lack of online and phone customer support, someone complained to the SEC. They in turn gave BitKub 5 days to get their website, app, and customer support in order.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, phetphet said:

...someone complained to the SEC. They in turn gave BitKub 5 days to get their website, app, and customer support in order.

LOL, it was not me, I only complained here 

35 minutes ago, GrandPapillon said:

this seems like a risky proposition, why would anyone send multiple transfers after previous failed to those "dodgy" platforms

people never learn, gambles, bitcoin is the new 19th century Tulip ????

Well, they tried that first, the guy in the chat. No phone contact possible. He actually asked me to repeat the transfer 2x, that would have been 300k THB in total into a black hole. I wrote that already. Obviously I did not do it and in the end someone else handled it and I got my money, the original 100k THB, credited.

Edited by MadMac

I just read the whole thread. To be honest I would not feel comfortable keeping large amounts of crypto in any Thai exchange.

Far better to store it on a exchange like celsius and actually make money from holding it. If you’re one of those people who like to have full control, then keep it in your own ledger wallet. 

When you want to spend anything can use Crypto.com or Wirex cards so can transfer small amounts there and make a few % back in rewards and get various perks. Can avoid Thai exchanges almost completely.

• 2 weeks later...

Not important anymore, issue has been resolved.

Bitkub got shut down by the regulator and have proposed measures to improve since then.

In the meantime Upbit Thailand, owned by CP, started. Strange coincidence, but hey, TiT :).

Who wins in the end should be obvious. It is not the average customer.

Upbit TH is owned by CP. They pooped out of nowhere while the regulator shut down Bitkub. Go figure.

I now tend to stand on the side of Bitkub, even after the problems that have been cleared out since. BX was killed earlier.

On 1/12/2021 at 8:56 PM, MadMac said:

Writing this just now as I finally managed to get my funds out of this scam operation.

What happened?

I transfered 100k from my UOB bank account to my account there. Money did not arrive.

Waited hours in their support loop, finally got through. Guy there tells me to do another transfer of 100k. Really?

Tried that, ended up in first transfer being rejected.

Support loop again. Guy tells me to do another 100k transfer and asks me if I am stupid literally for not sending them 300k.

Did not work

Contacted support loop 300k guy again. He does not want to give his phone number and "hotline" is in "maintenance".

Finally he somhow reset the transfer. One man show.

I did the deposit again, this time receipt was not accepted. Had to contact UOB for another one which they provided.

Finally got my 100k credited, bought ETH and cashed out. Now I can write this.

That is a scam operation! Do not put your money in there!

I know the CEO of Bitkub, he is a great guy and totally legit. 

I've used this site for ages and actually just recovered 5 Ethereum that I had sent to a wrong address. Not many exchanges would have done that. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, edwardandtubs said:

Why not just use Binance? I can't see any advantages in "going local".

Thats a general question of onboarding. Bitkub makes it simple to use money from your THB bank account. Binance is fine if you have already funds in the system, not so easy if you want to buy your first Bitcoin.

6 hours ago, MadMac said:

Thats a general question of onboarding. Bitkub makes it simple to use money from your THB bank account. Binance is fine if you have already funds in the system, not so easy if you want to buy your first Bitcoin.

That might have been the case in the past but not anymore. Check out Binance's current payment options and I think you'll find there are no benefits at all to using Bitkub.

16 hours ago, MadMac said:

I don't use Binance and I doubt you can do direct payment from your Thai bank account. Will involve an international transfer and corresponding fees. Binance is a Seychelles company.

So you haven't actually done any research on whether the cost of trading on Bitkub is higher or lower than on Binance, the world's biggest cryptocurrency exchange.

I don't think any serious trader would use Bitkub but it might suit those who want to frequently transfer small amounts of money in and out of their Thai bank account and those who need Thai language support.

On 2/3/2021 at 11:12 AM, edwardandtubs said:

So you haven't actually done any research on whether the cost of trading on Bitkub is higher or lower than on Binance, the world's biggest cryptocurrency exchange.

Not sure which part you did not understand. You can not trade with THB or link your bank account at Binance.

2 hours ago, MadMac said:

Not sure which part you did not understand. You can not trade with THB or link your bank account at Binance.

So what? You're trying to start an argument about absolutely nothing. In the part of my post you deleted I acknowledged that there are some benefits in terms of linking your Thai bank account but that doesn't mean costs will be lower. It seems the lack of understanding is on your part.

Edited by edwardandtubs

Completely irrelevant. It is a straight step from THB into crypto and back with Bitkub. No transfers involved, no echange between fiat into stablecoins. Real time processing incl. from and to bank account. 

If you are happy with Binance, good for you. I use it too, but only for crypto to crypto. It is pretty much useless as fiat gateway.

1 minute ago, MadMac said:

Completely irrelevant. It is a straight step from THB into crypto and back with Bitkub. No transfers involved, no echange between fiat into stablecoins. Real time processing incl. from and to bank account. 

If you are happy with Binance, good for you. I use it too, but only for crypto to crypto. It is pretty much useless as fiat gateway.

It's only useless if you can't work out how to do a wire transfer.