Applying for extension before expiration date.

All Immigration Offices will allow extension applications 30 days before expiry.   Some will allow 45 days before.   The 30 day 'Under Consideration' period commences from when your current extension expires, not from when you apply.

57 minutes ago, 248900_1469958220 said:

I am actually on a NON O based on marriage. I am changing to a NON B. I went there with a friend and asked about paperwork required etc. It seemed like its pretty straightforward. I am 99% sure I have the required paperwork. 

You would not be changing from a non-o to a non-b. You would be applying for an extension of stay based working, teaching and etc. You could do it now.

11 minutes ago, Diana Lee said:

you can go to inmigration before the date your VISA expires but it has to be in the same month, no other month because is in the computer sistem.

A visas expiration date means nothing after your are in the country.

The discussion is about extensions of stay not visas. The month you applied for a extension means nothing. You can do the previous month without a problem if you are within the 30 or 45 days allowance.

For example a person that has a extension that ends on the 1st of the month could apply in the previous month.

My extension expires on 22 Feb. 

A month before is 23 Jan.  But 30 days before is 24 Jan.  Both these are on a weekend - so what is the earliest I can go to (Jomtien) immigration? 

Specifically can I go on Friday, or do I have to wait until Monday?  And, more generally, for othersand my own education, if this was not over a weekend, what would the answer be?

(Normally not really an issue, but with the recent uncertainty of whether any sort of health check may be required - even though this currently appears to be an unfounded worry -  I am keen to get it done and dusted ASAP so that I have no concerns with any more real or imagined changes in policy!)

PH

9 hours ago, Phulublub said:

A month before is 23 Jan.  But 30 days before is 24 Jan.  Both these are on a weekend - so what is the earliest I can go to (Jomtien) immigration? 

You could probably do it on Friday if you wanted to. You would have to wait until Monday to pick up your passport if go then.

It has already been stated by immigration there is no requirement for a covid 19 test before applying for an extension.

See this in the news: https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/1202255-flip-flop-immigration-backtracks-on-mandatory-covid-19 -testing-for-visaextension-of-stay-renewals/

On 1/15/2021 at 10:28 AM, ubonjoe said:

A visas expiration date means nothing after your are in the country.

The discussion is about extensions of stay not visas. The month you applied for a extension means nothing. You can do the previous month without a problem if you are within the 30 or 45 days allowance.

For example a person that has a extension that ends on the 1st of the month could apply in the previous month.

Tricky one.

My Non O-A expires end May. Health insurance required. They check on their computer the status of your insurance. It expires the date, my extension of stay expires. I would need a new insurance, starting the same or following date. I don't feel good about that, going very last minute. Usually, I go a few weeks before, just in case something is missing or other requirements but this is not possible now because of the HI.

14 minutes ago, AlfHuy said:

Tricky one.

My Non O-A expires end May. Health insurance required. They check on their computer the status of your insurance. It expires the date, my extension of stay expires. I would need a new insurance, starting the same or following date. I don't feel good about that, going very last minute. Usually, I go a few weeks before, just in case something is missing or other requirements but this is not possible now because of the HI.

Can you not renew your health insurance for another year, to run from the current expiry date - same as car insurance does, when everyone routinely renews well before expiration?

PH

37 minutes ago, Phulublub said:

I know the latest news is no test, but things change, and there is no downside to going as soon as I can, so why wait!

I was telling you that you could wait until Monday if you wanted to. I did say any longer than that.

They would have to issue a new order to require the testing to get an extension. It is very clear in the order that came out it is only for denial of entry if you have covid 19 and there is no mention of a test being required.

12 minutes ago, Phulublub said:

Can you not renew your health insurance for another year, to run from the current expiry date - same as car insurance does, when everyone routinely renews well before expiration?

PH

Good one, will ask insurance company.

Archived