Scottish nationalists set for record majority, boosting independence push

snoop1130

1 hour ago, Rookiescot said:

Excellent.

Now you would have nothing to fear by holding a referendum and killing off calls for independence.

I have nothing to fear anyway, it is not me that is desperate for partitioning the UK, I think we can safely say that independence is only in the minds of the protagonists now. You have to admit though, it is quite ironic that Sturgeon/Salmond have ruined the independence cause. 

The sooner that Scotland is cleansed from nasty nationalism the better, even you must agree with that rookie.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, stevenl said:

"I think we can safely say that independence is only in the minds of the protagonists now."

So suddenly you trust those polls ????

"it is not me that is desperate for partitioning the UK"

I don't think anyone is desperate for that, but some do want independence.

"but some do want independence."

For once I totally agree with you, some do want independence, but as proven most don't.

5 minutes ago, vogie said:

"but some do want independence."

For once I totally agree with you, some do want independence, but as proven most don't.

If a poll is proof the Scots would have been in and out of the union many times already, and the UK would still be in the EU.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, stevenl said:

If a poll is proof the Scots would have been in and out of the union many times already, and the UK would still be in the EU.

A poll proves nothing, the proof of the pudding is the referendum, that is the one and only proof that anyone needs.

7 minutes ago, vogie said:

Scotland has voted to stay in the United Kingdom after voters decisively rejected independence.

With the results in from all 32 council areas, the "No" side won with 2,001,926 votes over 1,617,989 for "Yes".

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-scotland-29270441

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/politics/day-tony-blair-wins-1997-10316965?utm_source=linkCopy&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=sharebar

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, vogie said:

A poll proves nothing, the proof of the pudding is the referendum, that is the one and only proof that anyone needs.

Which proofs nothing about the present wants.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Rookiescot said:

What you believe in the polls now Vogie?

This is your best chance to avert independence, ironically by supporting a referendum now you MIGHT have a chance to win.

No I don't have much faith in polls, but as I stated in my original post, I posted it as a poll for those on here that think that these dodgy polls are sacrosanct. You must know what I mean rookie, if the yes poll shows it going up 1%, the SNP followers are doing cartwheels around the house whilst blowing their vuvuzelas. But any indication of a downward direction, if I can quote Bjork "It's Oh So Quiet" Shh.

I don't need any help "averting" a referendum, Sturgeon is doing that just fine on her own.

Two lost by-elections already, lost to Labour, not really looking good for your leader who has suddenly been discovered to have amnesia.????

5 minutes ago, vogie said:

It proves everything, have you anything that says anything different?

So a referendum, which has been proven to have had many faults, especially in representation, of many years ago proofs the present wants. Keep on believing whatever you want to believe.

• Like 2

Just now, stevenl said:

So a referendum, which has been proven to have had many faults, especially in representation, of many years ago proofs the present wants. Keep on believing whatever you want to believe.

I'll take that as I haven't any proof.

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, vogie said:

I have nothing to fear anyway, it is not me that is desperate for partitioning the UK, I think we can safely say that independence is only in the minds of the protagonists now. You have to admit though, it is quite ironic that Sturgeon/Salmond have ruined the independence cause. 

The sooner that Scotland is cleansed from nasty nationalism the better, even you must agree with that rookie.

So polls are to be believed again? Is this a temporary approval from you, or will you mistrust of them reassert itself in the future should things change once again? 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, vogie said:

No I don't have much faith in polls, but as I stated in my original post, I posted it as a poll for those on here that think that these dodgy polls are sacrosanct. You must know what I mean rookie, if the yes poll shows it going up 1%, the SNP followers are doing cartwheels around the house whilst blowing their vuvuzelas. But any indication of a downward direction, if I can quote Bjork "It's Oh So Quiet" Shh.

I don't need any help "averting" a referendum, Sturgeon is doing that just fine on her own.

Two lost by-elections already, lost to Labour, not really looking good for your leader who has suddenly been discovered to have amnesia.????

The poll itself writes a caution that it cannot be compared to the run of other polls!

But that said, I hope it's a wake up call to the movement. Nothing is more important than extracting Scotland from this ongoing disaster. We need to stop petty squabbling and focus on a better, independent future. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, RuamRudy said:

So polls are to be believed again? Is this a temporary approval from you, or will you mistrust of them reassert itself in the future should things change once again? 

I haven't stated anywhere that I believe them, I know many on here see polls as sacred so I was just trying to be helpful.

15 minutes ago, vogie said:

I'll take that as I haven't any proof.

You're not making any sense at all. You're the one making claims, when questioned I don't have proof? Proof of what exactly?

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, RuamRudy said:

The poll itself writes a caution that it cannot be compared to the run of other polls!

But that said, I hope it's a wake up call to the movement. Nothing is more important than extracting Scotland from this ongoing disaster. We need to stop petty squabbling and focus on a better, independent future. 

Who is "we"

Interesting use of wording for the government in Holyrood........ "the movement", you are making Sturgeon and Salmond sound like The Krays.????????

And as for an "independent future" giving the running of Scotland to a foreign power can never be described as 'independent' anyway it looks like that ship has sailed even further from the bonny purple heather now.

• Sad 1

9 minutes ago, stevenl said:

You're not making any sense at all. You're the one making claims, when questioned I don't have proof? Proof of what exactly?

Are you taking any notice of what is being written.

My claims have been backed up with proof, all I am asking you is to show me the same courtesy and show me the proof that you have that the Scots want independence.

14 minutes ago, Rookiescot said:

But this is your best chance Vogie. The independence movement is on the ropes. You unionists just need to finish us off.

Start calling for a referendum and your victory is almost at hand.

Where is the Dunkirk spirit? Where is the belief in the UK? Why would you ever think the Scots could be stupid enough to vote to leave given how wonderful things are in the UK?

Now is your chance Vogie. Take it.

Every referendum you have had rookie you have lost, maybe time to cut your losses and say 'enough is enough' ????

11 minutes ago, vogie said:

Who is "we"

Interesting use of wording for the government in Holyrood........ "the movement", you are making Sturgeon and Salmond sound like The Krays.????????

And as for an "independent future" giving the running of Scotland to a foreign power can never be described as 'independent' anyway it looks like that ship has sailed even further from the bonny purple heather now.

You still don't get it, I would appear. Independence is not the SNP. It is a much broader, much bigger movement than any one party. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, RuamRudy said:

You still don't get it, I would appear. Independence is not the SNP. It is a much broader, much bigger movement than any one party. 

"I don't get it" because it doesen't fit in with your agenda, trust me I do get it.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, vogie said:

"I don't get it" because it doesen't fit in with your agenda, trust me I do get it.

But what you wrote indicates that either you don't get it at all, or you simply are trolling by misrepresenting what I wrote. 

• Like 2