Scottish nationalists set for record majority, boosting independence push

snoop1130

Just now, RuamRudy said:

Not my style. But then again, I am not particularly bothered whether you are, or whether you actually do struggle to understand. 

I just get sick of petty insults, posters calling people "liars" and "trolls" and even whole nations as "parasites" is certainly not my style either. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, vogie said:

I just get sick of petty insults, posters calling people "liars" and "trolls" and even whole nations as "parasites" is certainly not my style either. 

Generally, I find that if you don't lie and you don't troll, you are less likely to be accused of it, at least by those who are not trolls. Hypocrisy is another area I try to steer clear of. 

• Like 2

Just now, RuamRudy said:

Generally, I find that if you don't lie and you don't troll, you are less likely to be accused of it, at least by those who are not trolls. Hypocrisy is another area I try to steer clear of. 

I think it is a nationalist trait, when cornered revert to nasty jibes.

55 minutes ago, vogie said:

Are you taking any notice of what is being written.

My claims have been backed up with proof, all I am asking you is to show me the same courtesy and show me the proof that you have that the Scots want independence.

No, your claim that the Scots don't want independence at the moment has not been backed up with proof.

No, I have not claimed the Scots want independence. I do think the Scots should decide that. And again no, the referendum of quite some time ago is not proof either way.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, vogie said:

For all the posters that think that opinion polls are sacred, here is the latest one since Mrs Sturgeon gave her evidence at the inquiry.

Well, praise be to God that opinion polls are not sacred.......nothing to see here.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, RuamRudy said:

Generally, I find that if you don't lie and you don't troll, you are less likely to be accused of it, at least by those who are not trolls.

37 minutes ago, vogie said:

I think it is a nationalist trait, when cornered revert to nasty jibes.

Mmmmm?

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, vogie said:

Show me your proof and stop obfuscating.

Last time you asked me this I asked you 'proof of what's, you said 'proof of your claim that the Scots want independence', which is not what I claimed.

Do you really want to repeat this circular thought again and make the same incorrect claims again, to again be corrected? You're like a 4 year old who doesn't listen to his parents.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, stevenl said:

Last time you asked me this I asked you 'proof of what's, you said 'proof of your claim that the Scots want independence', which is not what I claimed.

Do you really want to repeat this circular thought again and make the same incorrect claims again, to again be corrected? You're like a 4 year old who doesn't listen to his parents.

I have proved to you that the Scots do not want independence, and I await your proof that they do. And less of the insults.

Edited by vogie
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, vogie said:

Every referendum you have had rookie you have lost, maybe time to cut your losses and say 'enough is enough' ????

Third time lucky.

If you were so confident in these polls and are so sure you can present a solid case for remaining in the UK now is your chance to kill calls for independence dead.

Lets have a referendum and see if you are right.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Rookiescot said:

Third time lucky.

If you were so confident in these polls and are so sure you can present a solid case for remaining in the UK now is your chance to kill calls for independence dead.

It is not up to me to make a case for you to remain in the Union, it is up to the Scots themselves and when I say Scots I don't mean the corrupt SNP with a leader with amnesia. And as we all know the Scots have made that most crucial decisive decision by wanting to remain, and I support them all the way as you should too.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, vogie said:

It is not up to me to make a case for you to remain in the Union, it is up to the Scots themselves and when I say Scots I don't mean the corrupt SNP with a leader with amnesia. And as we all know the Scots have made that most crucial decisive decision by wanting to remain, and I support them all the way as you should too.

It would appear the unionists like yourself are unable to present a case for remaining in the UK.

But this should not concern you. After all you were warned about this but Brexit was more important.

Man up and face the consequences of your actions.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, RuamRudy said:

Really?  You say England is stealing your oil, yet you work on the Oil rigs off Scotland!!

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

43 minutes ago, sharksy said:

Really?  You say England is stealing your oil, yet you work on the Oil rigs off Scotland!!

Was it you who made that rather bizarre assertion previously? I asked for clarification at the time but none was forthcoming. Care to explain the logic to me? 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Rookiescot said:

Third time lucky.

It won't "kill it dead". If the referendum does reject independence, (as the last one did) three years later the demands for another one will start  because the situation "will have changed"!

Now personally I rather suspect that the argument then will be that the polls were swung by "non Scottish residents", and that their should be some sort of ethnic qualification for the right to vote in such a referendum. That is of course for the future, but there have already been some mutterings...

Edited by herfiehandbag
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, herfiehandbag said:

It won't "kill it dead". If the referendum does reject independence, (as the last one did) three years later the demands for another one will start  because the situation "will have changed"!

Now personally I rather suspect that the argument then will be that the polls were swung by "non Scottish residents", and that their should be some sort of ethnic qualification for the right to vote in such a referendum. That is of course for the future, but there have already been some mutterings...

Why do you say that? The polls were swung by people not born in Scotland last time, yet there has been no 'recriminations' or animosity  because they expressed their democratic right to vote. 

Please don't use the tawdry, shameful dogwhistle racism of the Brexit campaign and assume that Scots have the same mentality.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RuamRudy said:

Why do you say that? The polls were swung by people not born in Scotland last time, yet there has been no 'recriminations' or animosity  because they expressed their democratic right to vote. 

Please don't use the tawdry, shameful dogwhistle racism of the Brexit campaign and assume that Scots have the same mentality.

Why did I say that? Because the matter has been raised on these forums a couple of times.

I suspect it may become an issue for some as the arguments continue and broaden. To have and voice an opinion is not "tawdry dogwhistle racism".

Why do you connect "tawdry dogwhistle racism" in that way with Brexit? The implication that to favour the UK leaving the EU is racist ( I do and I am not) is itself offensive.

Sauce for the goose...

• Like 2

21 hours ago, vogie said:

I have proved to you that the Scots do not want independence, and I await your proof that they do. And less of the insults.

Maybe we should have some form of national vote to decide the issue then?

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, sandyf said:

Only a paranoid brexiteer would so arrogant to claim that they know what Scotland wants after the brexit fiasco.

The only valid proof would be a post brexit referendum, we await the results.

Thanks for the insult, you'll be happy to know that it is not just unique to you.

You have had a reverendum and the proof of the pudding is in the result.

On 3/8/2021 at 4:37 PM, vogie said:

Thanks for the insult, you'll be happy to know that it is not just unique to you.

You have had a reverendum and the proof of the pudding is in the result.

That was before Brexit.

If you wanted Scotland to remain in the UK you should have voted to remain in the EU.

You can have Brexit or the UK. You cant have both. You chose Brexit.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Rookiescot said:

That was before Brexit.

If you wanted Scotland to remain in the UK you should have voted to remain in the EU.

You can have Brexit or the UK. You cant have both. You chose Brexit.

Says who? "Memory loss" Sturgeon? She doesn't get to decide.