COE transit date

Hello,

I just got my COE, but I’m unsure about the validity of the transit date.

My situation:

• Sat 13/02: flying from airport A to airport B
  • Sat 13/02 to Sun 14/02: spending the night at airport B
  • Sun 14/02: flying from airport B to BKK airport

My COE states:

• Date of departure from the originating point of departure: 13/02
  • Date of transit (if any): 13/02
  • Date of arrival in the Kingdom: 14/02

Dates of departure and arrival are fine. However I’m not sure about the date of transit, as I’ll arrive at airport B on 13/02, but the second flight will depart on 14/02. Should the transit date on the COE be 13/02 or 14/02?

I'll ask the embassy and the airline, but I’m also looking for experiences on the ground, as we all know boarding agents can interpret things differently. It's fine for thai immigration, but I'm more concerned about airline agents during check in and boarding as a few people have reported being denied boarding for various little things. Has anyone had a COE with a transit date on it?

Thanks

Edited by zgeg
  • Like 1

• 3 months later...

Completing the COE: after my 10th try, I finally figured out exactly how the Thai consulate has worded this. If you have a flight with more than one leg, and your stopover is on a different date from your departure, I will explain how this works, so you avoid tragedy at the airline counter.

Note to Australians: most of you have direct flights, or stopovers on the same day, so this explanation does not pertain to you.

Note to everyone else: this explanation does not pertain to you if you have a direct flight, or if your stopover is the same day as your departure.

Rule #1: If your stopover date or your final flight into Thailand are on a different date than your Date of Departure, your COE must show the Correct Date of Transit. If your Date of Transit is the same as your Date of Departure on your COE, you may have a big problem when you show up at the airport. Please don’t post here that your COE was wrong, but you still boarded, that doesn’t help anyone but you.

The instructions:

On the first screen (called “Flight to Thailand”), this is all about your final flight leg that arrives in Thailand. We’ll call this the Arrival flight. For this flight, in the first line, input the date your arrival flight takes off. I know this line is labeled “Date of Departure “, but they are only referring to your Arrival flight, not your whole itinerary. The rest of this screen is easy, as it only refers to your Arrival flight.

On the other screen, input the flight number and date of departure for your first flight, in the first two lines. That’s it. If you are confused by Date of Departure, that’s the date of your first flight to Thailand, for a flight with a stopover.

Any questions?

F0E1801A-D4E9-4E77-AD0D-CB75360B0191.jpeg

963CF600-0F73-4766-B58B-C83472E18260.jpeg

Edited by Danderman123