PM promises "Fast - Safe - Transparent - Comprehensive" vaccine program - no mention of foreigners.

rooster59

2 minutes ago, berton said:

right but in medical area with ethical limit.

And all of us are not agree with this kind of vaccine.

That's why I agree when governements take time to generalize vaccination.

yesterday we read that with pfizer-BioNTech vaccine in Norway 13 people died  and 10 severe cases  for people up to 80years old...(33000 people vaccinated !!!)

So now it's a personal choice before a money choice

The people who died were already terminally ill and really frail. Those people should not have been vaccinated. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, kiwikeith said:

He did mention that over 60,s would have priority, then the over 60s should be very weary as 13 old people have died after being given the Pfizer vaccine so far. 

However, officials are down playing the deaths, and blaming it on the elderly for having health issues before they were vaccinated. 

Sorry thing is, they never tested the vaccine on the elderly. 

How many over 60s have been given that vaccine?

11 minutes ago, robblok said:

The people who died were already terminally ill and really frail. Those people should not have been vaccinated.

we know that they were il but not terminally . This vaccine is given primarily over 75s. The way in all country .

No, the reallity is that we never use vaccine with RNAm who come in your cell to prevent virus from attaching . But usually for a new technical , we need 8-10 years to calculate all side effect , test on animals ...we dont do it : direct inject to human being...

...and  you hear about immediate side effect...but what about effects in1-2-5 years ? (this RNA will stay all your life)

we dont have reports about side effects from UK,USA,Germany,India,Russia,China...???? countries wher laboratories manufacture vaccines....in this part , I join what Possum said about capitalism.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Bangkok Barry said:

Dear Thai Apologist

As far as I aware, the vaccine will be available in my native UK to everyone. That is a totally alien concept in Thailand. The UK government takes care of people, the Thai government takes care of Thais.

"the UK government takes care of people," yes, especially, immigrants, asylum seekers etc, and the billions they send out in overseas aid.

I know this is nothing to do with Thailand, but I am only applying to the poster.

On 1/16/2021 at 11:05 AM, teacherclaire said:

There was also no mention of the word "foreigners" in the Daily News report - just Thai people

Why should they? Do other countries mention foreigners? This is Thailand, a Thai government that should work for the Thai people. I'm pretty sure that once the vaccines are here non Thais will be able to get the shots, but will probably have to pay for it. 

18 hours ago, Bangkok Barry said:

Here we go again. Regurgitating the nonsense that all Thais are poor and all foreigners are rich.

Exactly Barry, my wife has a luxury business in Bangkok and without disclosing all the detail or certainly any detail about her customers they are certainly a lot wealthier than a lot of us farangs here. Their businesses have not been affected one iota by the C-19 situation over the last 9 months.  

• Like 1

Just watched the Thai news and the government "Covid spokesman" said they estimate that in addition to the 2 million documented foreign workers there's an additional 5 million undocumented foreign workers.

Wonder what vaccine plan the Thai government has for that group because ignoring them (abt 7% if the entire population) will probably be a very bad idea.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, robblok said:

Still does not entitle you, besides why would you as a richer person "steal"  from the Thais. Their healthcare system is struggling to provide aid to everyone. For me its a matter of principle. If i paid into the system (you know you do when you work you pay an extra monthly amount for healthcare). 

I really don't get it why those who have money want feel entitled to get stuff from a not that well funded healthcare system.

If you pay so much money (i pay a lot too) then you obviously can affort it yourself. As you don't really qualify for free healthcare then why want it.

I would be happy enough if they just made it available at a cost. 

Good post Rob, but speaking for myself. I do not want to contribute to anything that is lining the very rich peoples pockets, and it is just sick for anyone to be profiteering from the pandemic.

40 minutes ago, berton said:

we know that they were il but not terminally . This vaccine is given primarily over 75s. The way in all country .

No, the reallity is that we never use vaccine with RNAm who come in your cell to prevent virus from attaching . But usually for a new technical , we need 8-10 years to calculate all side effect , test on animals ...we dont do it : direct inject to human being...

...and  you hear about immediate side effect...but what about effects in1-2-5 years ? (this RNA will stay all your life)

we dont have reports about side effects from UK,USA,Germany,India,Russia,China...???? countries wher laboratories manufacture vaccines....in this part , I join what Possum said about capitalism.

Articles i read was talking about terminally ill. To be honest these people could have died at any moment. I don't get it why they gave them the vaccine. I always thought that certain groups with really bad health would be excluded.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, undercover said:

A coincidence ?

There are bound to be coincidences. They are vaccinating millions of people now. Some people will get car accidents after vaccination others will win the lottery. Do you think that is related too.

This guy died from a disease that takes time to develop. The time passed between vaccination and him dying from that disease is too short. It could not have been caused by the vaccine. Its also a disease that does not really show up until its too late. So yes a coincidence.

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, robblok said:

Yes and no proof has been found that it was related to the vaccination. He had a disease that took far longer time to develop and show then the time that passed since taking the vaccination. So not related.

His death is currently under investigation and his wife said that he was a very healthy 56 year old.

Source of your information that he was ill before he was vaccinated?

6 minutes ago, giridhari said:

His death is currently under investigation and his wife said that he was a very healthy 56 year old.

Source of your information that he was ill before he was vaccinated?

Source your information it was connected. As its still not connected and unlikely according to pfizzer.

In a statement, Pfizer, the maker of the vaccine, said it was "actively investigating" the case, "but we don't believe at this time that there is any direct connection to the vaccine".

About nine million people in the United States have received at least one shot of either the Pfizer or Moderna coronavirus vaccine, the two authorised in the United States. So far, serious problems reported were 29 cases of anaphylaxis, a severe allergic reaction. None were reported as fatal.

https://www.straitstimes.com/world/us-doctors-death-after-coronavirus-vaccination-being-investigated

Edited by robblok

1 hour ago, berton said:

we dont have reports about side effects from UK,USA,Germany,India,Russia,China...???? countries wher laboratories manufacture vaccines

...and so many thousands allergies...do you know what is an allergy?

many kinds of your defenses (specific lymphocytes) are moved to create an iflammatin and destroy the invader. (this RNAm)

after 1-2-5 years...how will be the local and organ situation? no laboratory tested it, of course, no time...

On 1/16/2021 at 10:41 AM, robblok said:

So what.. why do you expect the Thai government to take care of you. You are not Thai. I don't mind paying a private hospital. Also GF her company is looking into getting the vaccine themselves they are a medical company. I don't see the problem of governments not taking care of non Thais. 

We made choices when we came here.. why expect a government to take care of us. If you want that then go back to your home country. There you are being taken care of have more rights.

I suppose one counter argument is that this is a global pandemic.  Expats are a recognized group, consisting of hundreds of thousands and perhaps millions of people. From a public health perspective vaccinating these people makes sense, particularly those who live in communes, eg, Myanmar workers in Samut Sakhon.  

No it may not be reasonable to expect free vaccinations, but it's not too much to ask for reasonable access at a fair price, for something which costs a few dollars elsewhere (AZ vaccine).  I don't suppose anyone would really balk at paying 700 baht, say, at a local public hospital. I think that's all we ask.

Generally, if you want a population vaccinated it actually has to be free, or poor people won't do it.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, mommysboy said:

I suppose one counter argument is that this is a global pandemic.  Expats are a recognized group, consisting of hundreds of thousands and perhaps millions of people. From a public health perspective vaccinating these people makes sense, particularly those who live in communes, eg, Myanmar workers in Samut Sakhon.  

No it may not be reasonable to expect free vaccinations, but it's not too much to ask for reasonable access at a fair price, for something which costs a few dollars elsewhere (AZ vaccine).  I don't suppose anyone would really balk at paying 700 baht, say, at a local public hospital. I think that's all we ask.

Generally, if you want a population vaccinated it actually has to be free, or poor people won't do it.

I agree 100% with your post. My argument was more about the entitlement of some people who seem to think it should be for free. I think the foreigners should have access to it but at reasonable price. 

• Like 1

Posts with links to unapproved social media sites have been removed:

18) Social Media content is acceptable in most social forums. However, in factual areas such as news, current affairs and health topics, it cannot be used unless it is from a credible news media source or government agency, and must include a weblink to the original source.

A post with a link to a conspiracy-pseudoscience site has been removed as well as the replies. 

1 hour ago, robblok said:

This guy died from a disease that takes time to develop. The time passed between vaccination and him dying from that disease is too short. It could not have been caused by the vaccine. 

Seems to me if it was a clear cut as your saying they wouldn't need to be investigating it . A coincidence ? Yeah maybe

10 minutes ago, undercover said:

Seems to me if it was a clear cut as your saying they wouldn't need to be investigating it . A coincidence ? Yeah maybe

9 million people vaccinated... 1 death.. higher chance it being a coincidence then it being related. Statistically speaking for sure.

3 hours ago, bristolgeoff said:

The farang will be last or made to pay alot.the rich thais will do this to jump the line for sure but quietly doing that.Not right but this time it is better to be in a western country to get the jab fairly

I dont want a thrid ball anyway, kep it

3 hours ago, DaLa said:

Exactly Barry, my wife has a luxury business in Bangkok and without disclosing all the detail or certainly any detail about her customers they are certainly a lot wealthier than a lot of us farangs here. Their businesses have not been affected one iota by the C-19 situation over the last 9 months.  

so good to hear, and have a great life..  perhaps can donate to needed charity too

1 hour ago, robblok said:

My argument was more about the entitlement of some people who seem to think it should be for free. I think the foreigners should have access to it but at reasonable price.

I agree ..personal choice and pay for it

for the consequences, sadly...we have to wait

21 hours ago, Sumarianson said:

Anyone who takes the vaccine is taking a big chance as there are now people dying from and having lifelong side affects from the Moderna vaccine.  

Please read what happened after the swine flu vaccination and what could go wrong, did go wrong. The "Warp Speed" might only be for Captain Kirk? 

The federal government has launched “Operation Warp Speed” to deliver a covid-19 vaccine by January, months ahead of standard vaccine timelines.

The last time the government tried that, it was a total fiasco.

Swine flu vaccine: Like coronavirus, the government sought ‘warp speed’ inoculation - The Washington Post