PM promises "Fast - Safe - Transparent - Comprehensive" vaccine program - no mention of foreigners.

rooster59

22 hours ago, rooster59 said:

PM promises "Fast - Safe - Transparent - Comprehensive" vaccine program - no mention of foreigners.

Okay lets do the breakdown

Fast... mid 2021

Safe... Sinovac.. yet to be approved in China.. 

Transparent... lur!

Comprehensive... patchy coverage at best

21 hours ago, Moonlover said:

That's my game plan anyway. I have never felt vulnerable to Covid and once the herd around me, have been vaccinated  (I don't mean herd in an unkindly way!) I shall feel even less so.

Get this program rolling Anutin, as quick as you like.

As long as you don’t leave the country or plan on flying anywhere that may work for you but airlines are already laying the groundwork for proof of vaccination as I am sure every country will for international travelers.

20 hours ago, robblok said:

I have no idea one needs to take into account the sales price. Transport costs, workers cost and profit. I don't really see what production cost has to do with it. Its not as if it magically appears at an  hospital and then get magically injected. They should at least make a 1000 or more profit on it after paying for all the costs and stuff. 

and you think it's fair for any authority to make a profit of 1000 Bt for every farang to have the vaccine? I sure you understand that profit means after the transport costs, workers cost etc.

Why should anyone make ie, maybe 95% profit through a virus which is affecting the whole world.

I'm sorry if I have taken your post out of context, but that's the way it seems to me.

21 hours ago, robblok said:

So what.. why do you expect the Thai government to take care of you. You are not Thai. I don't mind paying a private hospital. Also GF her company is looking into getting the vaccine themselves they are a medical company. I don't see the problem of governments not taking care of non Thais. 

We made choices when we came here.. why expect a government to take care of us. If you want that then go back to your home country. There you are being taken care of have more rights.

Let's think about that ignorant statement of yours.....Oh, Yeah! We pay taxes just like everyone else that lives here. 

Import, Income, Excise, sales,and VAT taxes, just in case you did not know.  

• Like 1

Yes but they also make a couple of 100% off medicine always have always will. That is how it goes  in private hospitals. As for the price Thais get vaccinated has nothing to do with me. I am not Thai why would I expect the same treatment as a native. As for transport needs to be chilled so cost are higher and private hospitals wont buy thousands at a time. 

If a hospital charges 8000 bt ill be paying it tomorrow and be done with it. Its two shorts so two times seeing a dr. 8000 IMHO not too much. would find 6000 more fair but still 8000 would not break the bank and i feel its not bad for hospitals to make a profit. That is what private hospitals do. I wonder if my insurance covers it. (probably not)

Do you feel its wrong if a hospital makes 3000 bt on it ?

Yes. This virus is affecting everyone all over the world, I do not expect, doctors, hospitals etc, to make any loss, but this capitalist attitude is way over the top.

15 minutes ago, Bradmeister said:

Let's think about that ignorant statement of yours.....Oh, Yeah! We pay taxes just like everyone else that lives here. 

If you pay income tax then sure, if not then IMHO your not entitled. Could you explain me the difference between sales tax and vat you seem to know so much.

28 minutes ago, 5633572526 said:

And this is why I don’t participate in lockdown, quarantine or travel restrictions.

I am taking care of myself. Looks like you are planning on your GF taking care of you.

Maybe if they have a vaccine available I will take it why not. I don't mind if it costs me money or not.

20 hours ago, Tanoshi said:

Name one Country that denies approved vaccines to foreigners.

Governments, Embassies and Humanitarian groups would be on their backs if they did.

Have you tried dragging your backside of that chair to make enquiries at your local government hospital before making comments - thought not!

The Thai "government" has not yet said anything about vaccine for farangs, it's just that the vast majority of expats living here in Thailand are used to having been very badly treated by this Thai "government".

14 hours ago, desert dueller said:

You're an ex-Kaaskop? Have you relinquished your Dutch citizenship yet? Handed in your Dutch EU passport? If not, you're not an ex-KK -you still are a Kaaskop and will remain so forever. You are on your high horse here lecturing people, I bet when the sh...t hits the fan over here then you will be on the first Kaaskop plane back to Schiphol. For local expats to have an expectation that vaccines will be available here, at their own expense but at a reasonable, comparable (to other countries) cost, is obviously beyond your intellectual grasp. Now go to your Kaaskop forum and vent your anger and frustration there, please.

Actually what you describe is exactly how i see it. Something i posted in later posts.  This Kaaskop has been living here for over 15 years so no need to come back.

I feel the government must make the vaccine available for expats.. but at a price not for free like that Thais. I don't visit Dutch forums.

23 minutes ago, possum1931 said:

Yes. This virus is affecting everyone all over the world, I do not expect, doctors, hospitals etc, to make any loss, but this capitalist attitude is way over the top.

Capitalism is why these vaccines could be developed and why there is production space for stuff. Capitalism isnt a bad thing. Maybe for you but you did see what happened to the USSR. It colapsed because it could not keep up and keep people motivated to work come up with new ideas and the likes.

Companies take risks developing stuff they should be rewarded for doing so. 

6 minutes ago, possum1931 said:

The Thai "government" has not yet said anything about vaccine for farangs, it's just that the vast majority of expats living here in Thailand are used to having been very badly treated by this Thai "government".

Which part of 'comprehensive' in his statement didn't you understand.

Do you really believe the Thais want to have millions of unvaccinated foreigners mixing with the population.

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, robblok said:

Capitalism is why these vaccines could be developed and why there is production space for stuff. Capitalism isnt a bad thing. Maybe for you but you did see what happened to the USSR. It colapsed because it could not keep up and keep people motivated to work come up with new ideas and the likes.

Companies take risks developing stuff they should be rewarded for doing so. 

Sorry Rob, but IMO capitalism is the scourge of this world, I know you are Dutch, but you have probably heard about Branston and how he made his fortune.

Let me be clear about this, I have no objection to people making big profits from running a business, but the ordinary people of this world are entitled to fairness.

What is the point of anyone profiteering by racking up a personal profit of billions of GBP, Dollars etc?

He dies and it all goes to wives, sons, daughters etc, and the billions lies in the banks, and so it all starts again.

2 minutes ago, possum1931 said:

Sorry Rob, but IMO capitalism is the scourge of this world, I know you are Dutch, but you have probably heard about Branston and how he made his fortune.

Let me be clear about this, I have no objection to people making big profits from running a business, but the ordinary people of this world are entitled to fairness.

What is the point of anyone profiteering by racking up a personal profit of billions of GBP, Dollars etc?

He dies and it all goes to wives, sons, daughters etc, and the billions lies in the banks, and so it all starts again.

I think you and I differ here, Though I am not for 100% capitalism.  I feel that people who take risks with companies deserve money. I feel that a DR that studies for many years and does risky difficult work should be rewarded more then someone who did not study and works behind a til. 

I feel that people who put money in companies and then strike it big are entitled to it, other people choose to work for companies and are guaranteed a salary and so on even if a company goes bad. So yes I feel that taking risks and inventing new things should be rewarded.

There are limits of course, I dislike what one company did it bought up all the patents of a drug and then increased its price 10 fold. That is criminal. But I am talking about ordinary businesses. For instance Tesla, Musk took risks had idea's why not reward his things. He made us one of the best electric cars. 

1 hour ago, 5633572526 said:
23 hours ago, Moonlover said:

That's my game plan anyway. I have never felt vulnerable to Covid and once the herd around me, have been vaccinated  (I don't mean herd in an unkindly way!) I shall feel even less so.

1 hour ago, 5633572526 said:

As long as you don’t leave the country or plan on flying anywhere that may work for you but airlines are already laying the groundwork for proof of vaccination as I am sure every country will for international travelers.

I don't envisage travelling abroad anymore which is a factor I did take into account. But, if I did change my mind and it becomes a necessity then I'll go get one. 

28 minutes ago, robblok said:

I think you and I differ here, Though I am not for 100% capitalism.  I feel that people who take risks with companies deserve money. I feel that a DR that studies for many years and does risky difficult work should be rewarded more then someone who did not study and works behind a til. 

I feel that people who put money in companies and then strike it big are entitled to it, other people choose to work for companies and are guaranteed a salary and so on even if a company goes bad. So yes I feel that taking risks and inventing new things should be rewarded.

There are limits of course, I dislike what one company did it bought up all the patents of a drug and then increased its price 10 fold. That is criminal. But I am talking about ordinary businesses. For instance Tesla, Musk took risks had idea's why not reward his things. He made us one of the best electric cars. 

Going by your post here, I am actually in agreement with everything you have said Rob, If people go through university and study hard for years, they are entitled to much higher wages than your ordinary person in an ordinary job.

My wife was in full time education up until she was 22, she had already bought her house through a mortgage before she met me, she also had ex bargirl friends and still has. Unlike me, I worked as a musician both semi professional and fulltime, and there is no way I could have pulled a university educated girl back in the UK.

20 hours ago, dave moir said:

The vaccine is produced and sold at cost! Anyone trying to sell at a profit can be reported to the manufacturer and they will stop supplying the sellers!

"Anyone trying to sell at a profit can be reported to the manufacturer".  Big difference between can and will.

1 hour ago, possum1931 said:

I agree with the capitalism ...   lets compare it to salary earners who are actually more motivated even though I  would never hire one if I could help it...  they have o intrest in their copaany.. prefer if clients go away and let them get back to theuir FB page.... like last time in the western newsagent shop I asked the yound girl wheres the boats for sale mags,,, she put down her phone in discust and loudly said I DONT KNOW!!!!!!!!  like I offended her... see?  so the non capitalists have no motivation apart from threats to perform.. thus will do the bare minimum to survive..... ah then u will say.. less corruption right  ha ha.. look at the west.. corruption so organised its accepted.....  so u say what system then?  good question...  I saw some sci fi made me wonder...  spock is in eath orbit with some earthiling..  she say ohhhh  what an amazing star ship who pays for it all?  spock says we dont have individial funds we do together......  whats to come my friend?  probably after WW3

• Like 1

Of course it was about jumping the cue (plus not getting an Chinese vaccine that was what the that GM was concerned about)

Seems people are arguing that they want it for free. My point was if you pay into the system have a right to Thai healthcare it should be free. Otherwise you should pay. (seems we are agreeing about expats that they have to pay themselves)

The reason why i got muddled with Myanmar workers is clear they are a large group and if the Thai government does not pay it wont happen. For Westerners have funds for themselves. Its not so much about status again I just don't believe the Thai government should pay for them period. (me included).

I can agree with access that it should be based on how vulnerable they are but access is not the same as free.

Yes you are right, of course we should pay, I will have no qualms about paying as long as nobody, and I mean nobody, profits from it.

20 hours ago, Tanoshi said:

The AstraZeneca vaccine is under $4 per dose. (120 baht)

There is no way that this "government" along with hospitals etc, will not be making a good profit out of this, or any other vaccine.

This is Thailand.

• Like 1

On 1/16/2021 at 10:11 AM, rooster59 said:

Anutin addressed the press after a one hour briefing with Prayuth about the vaccination program. 

He said that the PM had ordered a fast, safe, comprehensive and transparent rollout free from political interference or influence. 

Promising "equality" he said that everyone would be vaccinated in a year in what would be the health department's biggest vaccination program ever.

I see absolutely nothing wrong with this statement and hopefully they have follow through that makes this happen. 

A choice will need to be made to either slowdown the virus spread by getting those most likely to spread the virus (Young healthy) or those most likely to have serious complications medically (Older medical issues). Each choice pros and cons. Race and national origin nothing to do with stopping the virus other; than the risk categories will undoubtedly have higher and lower demographics based upon social and economic factors.

As an expat who’s country will provide vaccine to everyone regardless of race or immigration status but is not including citizens living abroad as expats in their inoculation plan; is that I am able to access the vaccine at a reasonable cost regardless of my race or nationality. But we shall see... and I won’t be holding my breath.???? 

No idea, there could be those that own them or own shares in them.

I think it is fair to say that most if not all private hospitals will have something going with the "government" where

finance is concerned.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, possum1931 said:

Yes you are right, of course we should pay, I will have no qualms about paying as long as nobody, and I mean nobody, profits from it.

I get your sentiment, think it wont work but. I understand that you think people should not profit from this. Can't say i totally disagree. Just think its not really realistic. I am ok with some profit. 

1 minute ago, robblok said:

I get your sentiment, think it wont work but. I understand that you think people should not profit from this. Can't say i totally disagree. Just think its not really realistic. I am ok with some profit. 

I till say Rob, not even some profit, no one anywhere in the world should be making any profit

from this pandemic.

2 hours ago, Bradmeister said:

As a tourist you are entitled to claim VAT back at the airport when you leave.

Just keep your receipts. 

1 minute ago, possum1931 said:

I till say Rob, not even some profit, no one anywhere in the world should be making any profit

from this pandemic.

right but in medical area with ethical limit.

And all of us are not agree with this kind of vaccine.

That's why I agree when governements take time to generalize vaccination.

yesterday we read that with pfizer-BioNTech vaccine in Norway 13 people died  and 10 severe cases  for people up to 80years old...(33000 people vaccinated !!!)

So now it's a personal choice before a money choice

• Like 1